Default Obscure question for serious Golden Age Marvel fans

I've read that All-Winners Comics skipped its 20th issue, going from #19 to 21, and that the issue was completed but never released. Can anyone direct me to more info on this? I love this kind of stuff (re-discovered, un-released comics, cutting-room floor-type stuff), and am curious as to why #20 was never published.

Only a Marvel/Timely fan of Roy Thomas proportions will even know or care what the hell I'm talking about.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

according to wikipedia (with a linnk to something) it changed its name to something else for one issue.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

According to the Marvel Wiki, All-Winners comics became Young Allies for one issue (#20). After the All-Winners came back for #21, the title became Hedy De Vine from #21 onwards.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/All_Winners_Vol_1
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Young_Allies_Vol_1_20

Thanks...I'd read on some forum that the issue was rejected, and there was no other info. Thanks for clearing it up.

I wonder if Marvel or DC has any unpublished Golden Age stuff...
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Thanks...I'd read on some forum that the issue was rejected, and there was no other info. Thanks for clearing it up.

I wonder if Marvel or DC has any unpublished Golden Age stuff...
    I'm sure they do . . . back in the 1970s, DC use to sometimes include material that had never before been published. They would sometimes have the stories re-drawn if the original art was of questionable quality.

Example: Adventure Comics #438 (March/April 1975) - #443 (January/February 1976) had a Seven Soldiers of Victory story that had never been run before, with art re-done by (then) current talent.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I've read that All-Winners Comics skipped its 20th issue, going from #19 to 21, and that the issue was completed but never released. Can anyone direct me to more info on this? I love this kind of stuff (re-discovered, un-released comics, cutting-room floor-type stuff), and am curious as to why #20 was never published.

Only a Marvel/Timely fan of Roy Thomas proportions will even know or care what the hell I'm talking about.

I don't think there is an unpublished issue #20. Here's what Roy Thomas has to say about it, in the forward to Marvel Masterworks Golden Age All Winners v.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Thomas
    Somehow, between All Winners #19 (Fall 1946) and #21 (Winter 1946-47) Timely squeezed in an issue of something or other that took the spot reserved for #20. Either that -- or it was a simple numbering error bookkeeping technicality. One theory is that its place was taken by an issue titled All Teen Comics #20, dated January 1947, and co-starring such Archie wannabes as Georgie, Willie, Mitzi and Patsy Walker -- though not all in the same story.

It now seems generally accepted though, that All Winners was officially discontinued after #19 -- then re-continued three months later, picking up up its numbering not from All Teen but from the 20th and final issue of the likewise discontinued Young Allies, which had starred Bucky and Toro. Supporting the later theory is the fact that All Winners #19's indicia record is Western Fiction Publishing Co., Inc. ... while #21 was published by Young Allies,Inc. Both, of course, were companies owned by Martin Goodman.
    Young Allies had a 20 issue run, so it's kind of weird that the last issue would also serve as #20 for All Winners also. I wonder if there was some kind of limited circulation / slot on the news stand in force? It sort of reminds me of Red Raven #1, becoming Human Torch #2, i.e. there was never a Human Torch #1.