Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: New Art from "Ms. Marvel," "Superior Iron Man," "Guardians 3000"

Get an early taste of Marvel's 2015 with glimpses at pages from "Ms. Marvel" #11, "Superior Iron Man" #4 and "Guardians 3000" #4.

Full article here.

I still love Ms. Marvel, but I find Superior Iron Man to be the most interesting and novel book Marvel has right now. It doesn't just tell a story about a more arrogant Tony Stark. It takes an entirely new approach to how Iron Man applies his technology and his skills to make the world a better place (relatively speaking). I think that kind of innovation has been lacking from Marvel lately and Superior Iron Man is one of the most innovative book to come along in years.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

Superior Iron Man is really bad. Like all the inverted heroes, they took a (sometimes) complex character and reduced him to an one-dimensional "Mwahahaha" villain. Marvel clearly thinks it will sell as much as Superior Spider Man did; I can't wait to see what happens when they are proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Superior Iron Man is really bad. Like all the inverted heroes, they took a (sometimes) complex character and reduced him to an one-dimensional "Mwahahaha" villain. Marvel clearly thinks it will sell as much as Superior Spider Man did; I can't wait to see what happens when they are proved wrong.
    Yea they pretty much reduced Tony from someone who wants to help bring the world into the future down to just someone who wants to make money and to Hell with the consequences. At least when it came to Spock he had a story arc of trying to be a hero but being clueless about going about it but this kind of thibg screams only being able to hold up a short time. It may actually give Spock a run for his money in the question of why the Avengers aren't shutting him down considering he's turned San Fransisco into a mass of addiction. Evenire they know he's still inverted and dangerous.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-28-2014 at 07:25 PM.

I'm loving Superior Iron Man, It just a fun comic.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Since we're throwing words around about it, I've been mildly impressed by Superior Iron Man so far. It still feels like it's playing a little safe, and the art's only decent, but they've taken the right approach in slightly distancing Tony from the reader in favour of other protagonists like Pepper and Daredevil, so the script doesn't have to turn itself in knots presenting an even-handed look at Tony's thought process while still leaving enough evidence to confirm what he's doing is evil. Instead, we get enough of a sense of his general 'code' to grasp how he can still look at himself in the mirror through all this (that his ego is now fuelled by his need to feel like he's creating a better world in his own image) while still mostly chilling with more outwardly heroic characters as a sharp contrast.

That said, I still wish they'd called the book iStark.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Ah, Maria Hill. Wonder how she'll take to the new Iron Man and if that'll cause her to remember the Siege stuff.

Amazing Member

I do love watching Tony Stark put SHIELD in its place.

Superior Iron Man is a fun read. We've even had a nice bit of monologuing.

There hasn't been a character in recent years that's been more hamstrung than Tony Stark. It's nice to see him cut loose.

Spectacular Member

What? Better place? Superior Iron Man has turned Tony into nothing more than a low down dirty drug dealer with a God complex. He threatened to drop an innocent, grieving father to his death to stop him from ratting Tony out and he tried to bribe Matt Murdock by injecting him with extremis. Innovative?...sick maybe. The only thing half way interesting is what is going on with Pepper and the mysterious person (or A.I.) in the Iron Man armor. There are people who know that Tony is still inverted, correct? Why haven't the Avengers done anything about him by now?
    Last edited by Tom Reed; 12-29-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Ah, Maria Hill. Wonder how she'll take to the new Iron Man and if that'll cause her to remember the Siege stuff.
    She'll probably love it since she's a bit of a cow herself nah but seriously she should remember the Siege stuff I mean the mind-wipe thing was only for Tony IIRC?

In all seriousness, she'll probably raise an eyebrow but might be too busy too really notice since she is Director of Shield. I love the art work on Superior Iron Man, the stories not the best but it's enjoyable to me.

Still, prefer Ms Marvel and looking forward to reading issue 11.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    What? Better place? Superior Iron Man has turned Tony into nothing more than a low down dirty drug dealer with a God complex. He threatened to drop an innocent, grieving father to his death to stop him from ratting Tony out and he tried to bribe Matt Murdock by injecting him with extremis. Innovative?...sick maybe. The only thing half way interesting is what is going on with Pepper and the mysterious person (or A.I.) in the Iron Man armor. There are people who know that Tony is still inverted, correct? Why haven't the Avengers done anything about him by now?
    The Avengers are kinda busy and don't want to bother trying to bring Tony in as he's always prepared for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    What? Better place? Superior Iron Man has turned Tony into nothing more than a low down dirty drug dealer with a God complex.

Stark has basically become The Mandarin: he does want to make the world a better place, but his definition of a better place is an urban jungle where the strong, healthy and perfect eat the weak. His perfect world is heaven for the strong and hell for the weak.