Default James Gunn Would Love To Direct Shazam

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/shaza...es-gunn-movie/

Guardians Of The Galaxy director James Gunn says, even though, contractually, he cannot go and direct a DC film, he'd love to direct Shazam.

Might have made for an interesting choice, but I have a feeling someone out there, like Sam Raimi, or Gore Verbinski, or someone else entirely, might be a better choice.

Hopefully whoever they get, be it for Captain Marvel, Billy Batson, or for directing, it's a good choice, and works well for a potential film series, franchise, all that.

And, fits with the writer, The Rock and all that.

It probably won't be him, but I think Brad Bird could do a great SHAZAM movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    It probably won't be Gunn, or Bird?

Yeah, has done great on many an animated and some live action, films. The Incredibles: a superhero, family classic.

The Iron Giant: a boy and robot, period piece, that's like Frankenstein and a little boy/girl.

Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol: a fun enough a film, good action, set pieces and threats, and with a bit more in some places, could've been better.

Time will tell how The Incredibles 2 and Tommorrowland go.

Mighty Member

Sounds interesting yet Brad Bird is a good choice.

Personally, I don't think Gunn would be a good fit for Shazam. Joe Johnston would be a good fit, IMO, since I think that Rocketeer/First Avenger tone would be good for the original Capt. Marvel.

However, since WB hasn't made a good DC movie since 2008 and historically has been way more miss than hit overall, I think any Shazam movie will be doomed to disappoint, especially with WB still seemingly enthralled with Snyder and his Frank Milleresque style which seems to have already fallen out of favor with mainstream audiences.

Stick to the MCU Gunn. After GOTG you got the infinity watch

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I'm seeing brad bird's name thrown around a million times as if he directed an oscar nominated show. Fact is he directed 2 moderately good CGI films. Period. Besides he's been working with Disney so much, I don't think Disney/Marvel would ever let go of it. I say bring on the unknown or "less known". Before iron man, jon favreau directed Zathura and it was horrible, so anything is pretty much possible. We just need the right fit. Fortunately/unfortunately, DC's heroes are darker and has more depth to them, so we need good directors, not so much known directors. I think they got the right director for WW and suicide squad, lets keep our fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    Personally, I don't think Gunn would be a good fit for Shazam. Joe Johnston would be a good fit, IMO, since I think that Rocketeer/First Avenger tone would be good for the original Capt. Marvel.
    I agree with this. Johnston would be a good fit and he has experience with a CBM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    WB hasn't made a good DC movie since 2008
    This, I don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    I agree with this. Johnston would be a good fit and he has experience with a CBM.

This, I don't agree with.
    I won't bring up Jonah Hex, or Green Lantern, but The Dark Knight Rises and Man Of Steel were in no way good? Not action packed, thrilling, well acted, written, even with any degree of flaws?

Who do people think will direct Shazam, actually? Brad Bird, Joe Johnston, someone else entirely?

BANNED

Well, there is action in Man of Steel, it's terrible, the whole end fight looks like a cartoon (and I've seen it done better in cartoons)...but it is there.