Super Moderator

Default Kot Gets Surreal with "Secret Avengers"

Ales Kot explains what goes into crafting his surreal "Secret Avengers" tale, and what to expect as it enters its climactic arc.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Ales Kot explains what goes into crafting his surreal "Secret Avengers" tale, and what to expect as it enters its climactic arc.

Full article here.
    This series has just been a joy. Bonkers, but wonderfully entertaining. My best two gals as well, Black Widow and Spiderwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewingFigures View Post
    This series has just been a joy. Bonkers, but wonderfully entertaining. My best two gals as well, Black Widow and Spiderwoman.
    I want a Black Widow/Spider Woman team-up book ASAP. BWSW.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 12-29-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I didn't think I would enjoy this series as much as I have. The twists and turns now the knowledge that Ales Kot didn't plan all this ahead, and it all just came together? That's just "wow."

Also, add me to the list of those wanting a Black Widow/Spider-Woman team-up book. We need at least a mini, damnit.

Huh. I clearly have been missing out on this book. Sounds like my type of reading and writing. Is there a trade out of the first arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Huh. I clearly have been missing out on this book. Sounds like my type of reading and writing. Is there a trade out of the first arc?

SECRET AVENGERS VOL. 1: LET’S HAVE A PROBLEM TPB

Written by ALES KOT

Penciled by MICHAEL WALSH & RYAN KELLY

Cover by Tradd Moore

The new SECRET AVENGERS kick things off with a blast — three missions at the same time! Falling S.H.I.E.L.D. satellites endanger Earth! A post-nuclear warhead goes missing in the Middle East! And the Fury — yes, the unstoppable super-hero-killing machine that menaced Captain Britain — reappears deep inside Chinese territory! Can Hawkeye, Black Widow and Spider-Woman save Nick Fury and Phil Coulson from dying horribly in space? Will a wounded Maria Hill figure out what her uneasy ally M.O.D.O.K. is up to? Do the Secret Avengers have a prayer against the Fury? As death hits the Helicarrier, Black Widow faces Lady Bullseye — and Coulson goes rogue! Plus: Before he joined the Secret Avengers, agent Nick Fury disobeyed a direct order. Now, his Original Sin has come back to haunt him! Hail Hydra! Collecting SECRET AVENGERS #1-5 and ORIGINAL SIN: SECRET AVENGERS INFINITE COMIC #1-2.

144 PGS./Rated T+ …$17.99
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Is that artist for that cover the same for interiors?!? I like what I'm seeing!

So is the book ending? ??

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Is that artist for that cover the same for interiors?!? I like what I'm seeing!
    Different artists. That cover by Tradd Moore. Michael Walsh did the interior. Color by Matt Wilson. Art and color is amazing imo.
    Hawkeye - Secret Avengers - Ms. Marvel - Inhuman - Ant-Man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    So is the book ending? ??
    the sales are already well below the 20k Marvel cancellation mark, and the book is currently in its self-titled "third act". I say #15 should be the end, they're gonna let this run its course.

And its a cool book, so I'm glad they can finish this out.

thanks, guys. I'm gonna try to check this out for sure.

When Marvel releases it's barrage of new #1 issues every other year, it's hard to decide what to read and what to let fall by the way.
    I'm glad I stuck with this title. It's been a goofy fun read.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

Quote Originally Posted by ibosbu View Post
    Different artists. That cover by Tradd Moore. Michael Walsh did the interior. Color by Matt Wilson. Art and color is amazing imo.
    Agreed.
    walsh cover.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    the sales are already well below the 20k Marvel cancellation mark, and the book is currently in its self-titled "third act". I say #15 should be the end, they're gonna let this run its course.

And its a cool book, so I'm glad they can finish this out.
    Ales Kot commented on his blog right from the start that he was in for a fifteen issue arc. At least Marvel let him finish his story despite the sales.

I've been really enjoying this book, it's the only Avengers book I care about at this point. Actually, the only team book. Art and story are great, looking forward to the finale.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Same here, though I also like X Force.