Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (The one I liked the most)
    2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (The one that's probably the best)
    3. X-men: Days of Future Past (Surprisingly good)

Spectacular Member

I voted Guardians because it was a really fun experience, but ouch ! I didn't think DOFP would be so low ... How come awesome Sentinel action, funny Quicksilver scene and great acting from McAvoy fall so far behind ???
    Still haven't seen Cap 2 ( as I liked only the first half of the first one, the "origins" part if you will ), but I'm hearing so many good things about it that I definitely will someday.

BANNED

Guardians with Cap2 coming in at a close second.
    Last edited by Mike82; 12-30-2014 at 06:44 AM.

BANNED

1) Guardians of the Galaxy- I thought this had so much potential to be Marvel's first major misstep, especially being their first true foray into the cosmic, but I thought it ended up a fun, updated, PG-13 live action MCU super-powered version of Heavy Metal and I loved every minute.
    1a) Captain America- updated, super powered version of the political thriller genre that finishes second for me by the slimmest margin possible.

3) Big Hero 6- big animated super hero fun.

GotG was incredibly fun and actually funny (unlike Thor 2), but Cap 2 wins it for me. In fact, it's my favorite superhero movie ever.

I came in expecting to vote for Guardians of the Galaxy (which I did), but damn if I didn't almost entirely forget about both Snowpiercer and X-Men: Days of Future Past. It was a really strong year for comic book movies. 300: Rise of an Empire and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles aside, obviously.

Only saw, or watched, Guardians Of The Galaxy, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

For me, even as a Spidey fan since 8 years old, would go like this:

1. X-Men: Days Of Future Past - amazing film, delighted to now have it on DVD, just magnificent writing, acting, incredibly emotional, more violent and profane than expected.

Can hardly wait for the Apocalypse. 10/10, all around.

2. Guardians Of The Galaxy - endlessly quoteable, compelling villain, mostly vibrant character, colourful, expansive world. Wished I'd enjoyed it more, but good all the same, would be 7/10 for me, experience wise, and things that could've been improved.

3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - harder to connect with, sink INTO. FANTASTIC humour, lot easier watch in some ways than first film. Very happy with villainy, though some more development for Harry would've been goor, or saving a bit for TASM3. Wonderful stuff here and there, but decent amount to wonder about, criticise. Opening, rushed villain - not Electro, and I'm fine with start with Alexsei, end with Rhino.

Unwise death, much like another said, same as with first film. Not necessary, and too rushed, but still, well done execution, VERY well done, and beautiful aftermath. Left wondering does Aunt May KNOW Peter's Spider-Man, like she probably did in Spider-Man 2?

Yet again, without this person, or that, or the other, who does Peter have, now, before anyone in any sequels, or spin-offs, like Mary Jane, Flash, Felicia, Randy, Betty, Carlie, John? Outside of May, is Peter not truly alone? If not for Spider-Man, would The Dialy Bugle, or college, really be enough reason to get up in the morning? Just feel even sorrier for this Peter. Least MacGuire had Mary Jane, Aunt May, Robbie, Gwen, Jonah, Betty, Uncle Ben, Harry. Here, I just don't know.

Could have been avoided.

7/10.

Snowpiercer might watch one day.

No interest in The Winter Soldier.

One day, maybe, for TMNT.

No to Rise Of An Empire, and will see about A Dame To Kill For.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Hands down Winter Soldier .. a total surprise of how well the movie was.. We knew it was coming out but we thought not to expect much .. but it well scripted and excellent storyline..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    DoFP was very well received critically and commercially but something about the movie didn't work for me.

DoFP was good but dull in places and for me was a step down from X-men:First Class.

Everyone here will probably disagree with me, but the focus on wolverine and mystique is what made the film drag more than usual. They are both boring uninteresting characters. Magneto is more interesting, xavier is more interesting, beast is more interesting, but never mind all that, let's focus more attention on wolf man and naked blue chick played by that A lister from hunger games.

It smacks of focusing on bigger stars at the expense of proper focus and story. Storm should have cut loose more in the future against those sentinels, even if they can adapt, she has some pretty varied powers, and the movie refused to showcase them. The mutants fighting in the future were far more compelling than anything wolvering or mystique did all film.

Now come at me. I know how much you all LOVE wolverine. Who's main power is to take beatings well, and scratch stuff like any regular human being with some claws stuck to his hands, the most mundane and uninspired type of power to be infatuated with. Ugh, I sometimes wish I had the sorts of beef jerky tastes so many others have, then I'd be as bewitched by the same clap they are bowled over by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Hands down Winter Soldier .. a total surprise of how well the movie was.. We knew it was coming out but we thought not to expect much .. but it well scripted and excellent storyline..
    I thought winter soldier was the best over all as well. That said, both guardians of the galaxy and xmen days of future past had better set piece scenes. The ending fight of guardians was great to watch, and quicksilver was extremely interesting to see on screen (much more so than mystique and claw boy wolverine - they are NOT interesting compared to other mutants people !!!!!!!! )

Mighty Member

Winter soldier edging out GOTG.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I thought winter soldier was the best over all as well. That said, both guardians of the galaxy and xmen days of future past had better set piece scenes. The ending fight of guardians was great to watch, and quicksilver was extremely interesting to see on screen (much more so than mystique and claw boy wolverine - they are NOT interesting compared to other mutants people !!!!!!!! )
    I think this is a huge part of why I didn't see Days of Future Past even though I really liked First Class. I probably won't see Apocalypse either if it looks to be Wolverine heavy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier
    Yep. Actually, I thought was the greatest comic book movie I've ever seen.

Loved Guardians though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Everyone here will probably disagree with me, but the focus on wolverine and mystique is what made the film drag more than usual. They are both boring uninteresting characters. Magneto is more interesting, xavier is more interesting, beast is more interesting, but never mind all that, let's focus more attention on wolf man and naked blue chick played by that A lister from hunger games.

It smacks of focusing on bigger stars at the expense of proper focus and story. Storm should have cut loose more in the future against those sentinels, even if they can adapt, she has some pretty varied powers, and the movie refused to showcase them. The mutants fighting in the future were far more compelling than anything wolvering or mystique did all film.

Now come at me. I know how much you all LOVE wolverine. Who's main power is to take beatings well, and scratch stuff like any regular human being with some claws stuck to his hands, the most mundane and uninspired type of power to be infatuated with. Ugh, I sometimes wish I had the sorts of beef jerky tastes so many others have, then I'd be as bewitched by the same clap they are bowled over by.
    Wolverine's my favourite X Man and I love Jackman in that role, but even he couldn't stop DoFP from being a big disappointment for me. It wasn't really DoFP: The Movie, it was really the Continuing Adventures of Charles, Erik and Raven. First Class was great but I think those characters' story was complete in that film.

Even Singer said that the story wasn't the fight to save the future, but Mystique's soul. And she was so unlikeable I didn't care whether they saved her or not, unlike Bucky Barnes who was sympathetic from the moment he said the words 'I knew him'. Despite having less than half the screen time Mystique enjoyed.
    Whatever you do, don't mention you dislike this film on the X boards, though, unless you're prepared for an avalanche of contempt and fury!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Amazing Spiderman 2 was trash and Marvel should be embarrassed to have released it.
    Marvel didn't release it, or produce it, or have anything to do with it. It's all Sony. With all that's been said about where the movie rights to Marvel's characters reside, I can't that believe anybody - much less someone posting on a comic book site - would blame (or even praise) Marvel for anything to do with a Spidey movie.