Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Is he not a doctor anymore? Did he falsify his diploma?

Because Remender likes Voodoo?
    I kind of like Brother Voodoo anyways since it's 2 brothers.

He is still a doctor, always has been. However, I guess they just like Brother better.
    Mooper Films

Astonishing Member

Great art by Acuna as usual.
    One of the upcoming new comic books i am looking forward more.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Got to Say the Tease Phrase:

"Come. There is Dead to Be Avenged."

This Phrase really Perked my Curiosity in what it could mean?!

I hope this is not just another randomly used phrase, but means something Much More in what might develop out of UA Vol. 2 with Brother Voodoo Now apart of the Unity Team!

Indeed I was already Excited for Brother Voodoo being on the team, both as an Upcoming Character for me, as well as RR's history with enjoying to write him as well as RR wanting him on the Original UA Vol. 1 team back in 2012.

But Now Adding Teases like this just makes me Much more Curios about his Role on the team and in the book!

Really Glad He is Here!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    It's just so chunky looking. Like the artist, inker and colorist all hate each other and are trying to blot out the finer points of each.
    That is a comment on about 63% of Marvel's art these days. Nothing but a rush job to get too many titles out too fast.How about the water color effect on recent issues of Uncanny X-Men with blank backgrounds? If you don't care to put out a quality book then stop publishing and get into another line of work.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mooper Films View Post
    He is still a doctor, always has been. However, I guess they just like Brother better.
    Marvel is trying to cash in on the recent Blaxploitation revival,but Dynamite got there first with Shaft. Besides the last ongoing that I'm aware of tanked at 5 issues. Marvel and DC fans do not support black Superheroes. The last Voodoo run was building toward his ascension to Sorcerer Supreme and the sidelining of Strange and what could have been a major magic event. But sadly we'll never know because Marvel would rather fill a book with lame characters like Scarlet Witch,Vision,and Rogue to tie in with the next movie. That's all the fans will buy.
    Last edited by alton; 12-30-2014 at 12:38 PM.

The low sales of the Voodoo series I'd say was due to low orders by retailers. I was working at my LCS when it came out and I remember the first few issues would get sold out fast along with other places in NYC. Then I'd see people posting on this forum and other forums saying their LCS didn't order any at all or ordered very low numbers. What most people don't know that it isn't always fans that causes low initial sales but actually stores and retailers.

... so basically, Drumm would have to be the "new Dr. Strange" in order to actually get early retailer support.. figures..

Glad he's back, although I did prefer the dreads over the afro...

Not really looking to picking this up, as I really dislike Acuña's art and I've pretty much lost all faith in Remender by now.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Marvel is trying to cash in on the recent Blaxploitation revival,but Dynamite got there first with Shaft. Besides the last ongoing that I'm aware of tanked at 5 issues. Marvel and DC fans do not support black Superheroes. The last Voodoo run was building toward his ascension to Sorcerer Supreme and the sidelining of Strange and what could have been a major magic event. But sadly we'll never know because Marvel would rather fill a book with lame characters like Scarlet Witch,Vision,and Rogue to tie in with the next movie. That's all the fans will buy.
    There's a blaxploitation revival? i just think "Brother" is a dated term, unless, of course, you're talking about the Property brothers.