Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Is this upcoming book canon ?
    No. That's why we're kind of hoping that this book will be Diana's big chance at an All-Star-level story. It's pretty much the same kind of story as All-Star and TDKR.

Heck, since we already know Morrison's book will feature civilized Amazons with advanced technology and a Wonder Woman with compassion and diplomacy, I'm kind of hoping that at least parts of this book become canon at some point. Assuming, of course, that Morrison can present these concepts to us in a way that doesn't cause our heads to explode.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    No. That's why we're kind of hoping that this book will be Diana's big chance at an All-Star-level story. It's pretty much the same kind of story as All-Star and TDKR.

Heck, since we already know Morrison's book will feature civilized Amazons with advanced technology and a Wonder Woman with compassion and diplomacy, I'm kind of hoping that at least parts of this book become canon at some point. Assuming, of course, that Morrison can present these concepts to us in a way that doesn't cause our heads to explode.
    They cause our heads to explode with awesomeness
    I doubt it will be a commercial hit, WW isn't all that popular and Morrison's popularity has been waning, but I'm sure it'll be the book that is going to inspire future WW writers.
    And if it sucks... At least the art will be something to behold.

Honestly, her best representation of this sort since the Golden Age has probably been less in the comics than on TV (the first season, not seasons 2-3). I'm thinking primarily of the Fasuta Grables episode and the Roy Rogers episode -- in each I see the core of WW, and how her greatest power is the power to inspire others. The wisdom of her appeals to Fausta, and her empathetic connection to the mute boy who is inspired to speak in order to save her -- these are the story hinges that make it possible for her strength and other powers to save the day.

Of course, since I hate the Taco Whiz elements and the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad art, I'm on the fence about whether or not to recommend the series of issues in volume II in which Diana faces off against Ares Buchanan and Donna Milton/Circe ... but there you see a lot of the core of WW.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    Of course, since I hate the Taco Whiz elements and the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad art, I'm on the fence about whether or not to recommend the series of issues in volume II in which Diana faces off against Ares Buchanan and Donna Milton/Circe ... but there you see a lot of the core of WW.
    I love the Moder art and I'm fine with Taco Whiz, so I second this recommendation. I definitely think some elements of this series could be rewritten for a movie. Messner-Loebs was the best interpretation of Wonder Woman after Marston.