Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Loeb, DeKnight & Cox Weigh in On "Daredevil"

Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb, "Daredevil" showrunner Steven S. DeKnight and series star Charlie Cox discussed the upcoming Marvel/Netflix series.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

I'm so interested to see how Daredevil fits into the whole MCU as well as see this fresh take on Daredevil. Honestly, how can you not be excited for a return of something familiar into a whole new world?

Glad they're going crime over superhero. I like the '70s crime influence list, too.

BANNED

Sure, sure Wilson Fisk is great BUT I want to see a hand-to-hand combat with DD's equal in martial arts and acrobatics

Gimme Shen Kuei, "The Cat" vs DD then

So looking forward to this series. I admit my excitement is seeing Vincent as Kingpin.

Amazing Member

I'm pretty sure that Wilson Fisk was in the last Daredevil movie alongside Bullseye no matter what they say.

Sounds like we might have a major difference between DC TV shows and MArvel Shows with the DC ones embracing the more comic book aspects and making them as fantastic and colourful as possible while Marvel seem to be going in the opposite direction and making them more realistic and grounded in reality, be interesting to see which works more among viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinjwoods View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Wilson Fisk was in the last Daredevil movie alongside Bullseye no matter what they say.

Sounds like we might have a major difference between DC TV shows and MArvel Shows with the DC ones embracing the more comic book aspects and making them as fantastic and colourful as possible while Marvel seem to be going in the opposite direction and making them more realistic and grounded in reality, be interesting to see which works more among viewers.
    I think the difference is people liked Kingpin while Collin Farrell's Bullseye came off as kind of an annoying wanker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinjwoods View Post

Not sure either approach is superior to the other.

More important are the artistic people involved and how they blend together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Glad they're going crime over superhero. I like the '70s crime influence list, too.
    Sounds just like what Joe Carnahan put together for Fox.

Yeah, a shame that wasn't able to go forward.

I want to get excited. I really do. However, Agents of SHIELD has done such a spectacular job of blending mediocrity with a very bland visual flair, that I can't be too hopeful for this show. Since it's on Netflix, maybe there will be leeway, where they can go places that shows cannot go on network TV and Steven DeKnight is someone I can definitely get behind as a show-runner, because of what he did with Spartacus.

I think Daredevil is absolutely perfect for TV and I hope they can accomplish great things, because the character really does deserve it. I'm going to stifle my optimism, though.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I want to get excited. I really do. However, Agents of SHIELD has done such a spectacular job of blending mediocrity with a very bland visual flair, that I can't be too hopeful for this show. Since it's on Netflix, maybe there will be leeway, where they can go places that shows cannot go on network TV and Steven DeKnight is someone I can definitely get behind as a show-runner, because of what he did with Spartacus.

I think Daredevil is absolutely perfect for TV and I hope they can accomplish great things, because the character really does deserve it. I'm going to stifle my optimism, though.
    Network tv isn't Agents of SHIELD's problem.

Daredevil seems so terrible for tv. I get that people see the crime angle of the comic and they think "well, that's great for tv", but his comics are also really stylistically interesting, and have big kung-fu fights scenes.

Spectacular Member

See, here's a big problem then - if you don't like AoS and you are wary of Daredevil, then the entire Netflix Defenders run is doomed to fail in your eyes. So is Agent Carter. Fact of the matter is each project should be given a chance to rise or fall on merit, not previous experience.

I admit a bias - I like AoS, always have, so my expectations are elevated when they may not deserve to be. But who is to say? I may be wrong. But I am content to wait until May and see for myself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mattperiolat View Post
    See, here's a big problem then - if you don't like AoS and you are wary of Daredevil, then the entire Netflix Defenders run is doomed to fail in your eyes. So is Agent Carter. Fact of the matter is each project should be given a chance to rise or fall on merit, not previous experience.

I admit a bias - I like AoS, always have, so my expectations are elevated when they may not deserve to be. But who is to say? I may be wrong. But I am content to wait until May and see for myself.
    Are you talking to me? Because no, just because Agents of SHIELD sucks, and I think Daredevil would work far better as a movie, doesn't mean any of the other things you said (which I said nothing of). Doesn't even mean Daredevil won't be good, just means there's a huge part of Daredevil that I don't think they could pull off in a show...or really even try and pull off.

so what newspaper does Ben work for? The Daily Globe? a real NYC newspaper?