Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Traitor Game Bullpen!

Welcome to The Traitor Game Bullpen!
    The Traitor Game: It's Like Clue... But With More Killing!

Now With Only 95% Recycled Material!

The Traitor Game is a role-playing strategy game involving characters from many different mediums and universes. Created in 2006 by The Purple Skull, it has grown and evolved with each game in many ways, including using themes, allowing more characters, gathering new people, and continually inspiring new ideas. And now the tradition continues onto this new CBR!

Here is where you can find out anything and everything you ever wanted to know about it, or add your own ideas and suggestions. Don't hesitate to ask a question; our regular players will no doubt swoop in and give you a prompt answer. We encourage all prospective players to come and participate!

We're also host to a work-in-progress Wiki of information, which we hope will become comprehensive in time. Particularly useful pages to help acclimate yourself to this role-playing game are...

A FAQ! And a NEW PLAYER GUIDE!

Stay tuned for upcoming games like...

THE TRAITOR GAME: REBIRTH!
    THE TRAITOR GAME: MARVELOUS WILD WEST!
    THE TRAITOR GAME: THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

Since the tragic loss of old threads in the wake of the new CBR, we are also in the process of archiving our old endeavors, listed here for posterity:

THE TRAITOR GAMES

• The Comic Universe Traitor Game! by The Purple Skull
    • The Comic Universe Traitor Game II by The Purple Skull
    • The Traitor Game III: Governmental Ties by Joe Acro
    • The Traitor Game IV: Payback Is A Dog Of The Female Gender by The Purple Skull
    • The Traitor Game V: "Rudolph the Red-nosed Traitor" by weirdopky
    • The Traitor Game VI: Back to Basics by The Purple Skull
    • The Traitor Game VII: A Galaxy Far, Far Away by Chris Lang
    • The Traitor Game VIII: How Low Can You Limbo? by Joe Acro
    • "Traitor Game IX: It's in The Cards" by tangentman
    • Traitor Game X: I'll Take Valhalla by Indigo Al
    • Traitor Game XI: The Plop Thickens by Superheroic
    • OYL - The Traitor Game XII: It's Good To Be Bad! by The Purple Skull
    • Traitor Game XIII: Fright Club by Donald M.
    • Traitor Game XIV: Legion... by Schornforce
    • The Traitor Game XV: Who Succeeds At the End of Time? by Joe Acro
    • Traitor Game XVI: Whom the Gods Would Destroy! by Superheroic & tangentman
    • Traitor Game XVII: We Apologize For the Inconvenience by Tommy
    • Traitor Game XVIII: Reality Bites! by Donald M.
    • The Traitor Game XIX: Custom Made for Calamity! by Deadpooligan
    • The Traitor Game XX: Challenge of the Limbo Legion! by Deadpooligan & Joe Acro
    • Traitor Game XXI: "Samhain is the Halloween Game?!" by Indigo Al & tangentman
    • Traitor Game XXII: Sweet Revenge! by Schornforce
    • Traitor Game XXIII: Dangling Ploplines! by Superheroic
    • Traitor Game XXIV: A Traitor's Life For Me by Chris Lang
    • The Traitor Game XXV: Crisis~! by The Purple Skull
    • Traitor Game 26: Traitors Just Wanna Have Fun! by OverMaster
    • Traitor Game 27: Welcome to my Nightmare! by Ben Morgan & Cthulhudrew
    • Traitor Game 28: Golden Days of Yore! by Indigo Al
    • Traitor Game 29... IN SPACE! by Tommy
    • Traitor.Game/XXX/Enrichment_Activity by GLaDOS
    • The Traitor Game XXXI: The Edge of Madness by OverMaster
    • Traitor Game XXXII - The Traitor Game of the Living Dead by Radioactive Zombie
    • The Traitor Game: Deadly Reunion by Deadpooligan & The Purple Skull
    • The Traitor Game: Under the Sea by Tommy
    • Traitor Game: Rude Awakening by Jeremi
    • Traitor Game: "The Fight to Save the Soul of The '70's"! by tangentman
    • The Traitor Game: Sweet As Can Be! by Jeremi
    • The Traitor Game: The Dark Reign of Kulan Gath by Joe Acro
    • Traitor Game: Clash of the Chaos Warriors by Jeremi
    • The Giant-Size Traitor Game: War of the Exiles! by Deadpooligan & The Purple Skull
    • Traitor Game: Where in the Multiverse is Carmen Sandiego? by Chris Lang
    • The Traitor Game: Traitormania! by Josh M.
    • Traitor Game: Restless in Rapture by Jeremi

TRAITOR TALES

• Traitor Tales: An Evening at Wayne Manor by OverMaster
    • Traitor Tales II: Welcome to Stark Industries by Jae Namkyoung
    • Traitor Tales III- Big in Japan! by OverMaster
    • Traitor Tales: Escape From Star City! by The Purple Skull
    • Traitor Tale 5 - How Larfleeze stole Christmas by Jeremi
    • Traitor Tales: Holliday Cheer! by tangentman
    • Traitor Game 32.5: T.A.L.E.D.O.K. by Deadpooligan
    • Traitor Tale 08: Crime Pays... In Blood! by OverMaster
    • Traitor Tale 8: Scream N' Shout. by Josh M.
    • Traitor Tale: Traitors Suck, Stakes are High! by Indigo Al

SELF-INDULGENT AWARDS SHOWS

• The First Annual Traitor Game Awards Show
    • The Second Annual Traitor Game Awards Show
    • The Third Annual Traitor Game Awards Show
    • The Fourth Annual Traitor Game Awards Show
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 05-13-2014 at 09:21 PM.

And now, for the first prompt to us all, veterans newly arrived and newbies alike... where do we go from here? What game would you like to see next the most?

My vote, if we're voting, goes to a possible Traitor Game "Reboot" style game, hosted by The Purple Skull as a full-fledged game, with the return of the simple three Traitors, two Agents, one Vigilante formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    And now, for the first prompt to us all, veterans newly arrived and newbies alike... where do we go from here? What game would you like to see next the most?
    Onward and upward!

...Eventually. For right now, I agree with starting with a reboot game, but I'd rather it be like a Traitor Game 101, with the basic two roles. I'd put it at 2 Traitors and 1 Agent, so the game can be a bit short, then Froggy can pick up his full-fledged Western game he was ready to run.

If we're going back to basics, 1 Traitor, no other roles. BAM! Simple, uncomplicated introductory game,

I'm cool with the reboot and then my game, simplicity at it's finest

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

I am really frustrated an angry right now because this day has been pretty awful, so I'm just going to say this one thing:

Stop asking me to play this game again. Stop calling me and asking me to join again, and stop asking me via Facebook.

I am retired. What part of that don't you guys get?

Stop asking me to play again, and the next time it happens, I'm blocking you on both Facebook and my phone.

Stop asking me to join the games again and let sleeping dogs lie.

And with that being said, this will be my one and only post here. Now please honor my request and leave me alone.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-20-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    I am really frustrated an angry right now because this day has been pretty awful, so I'm just going to say this one thing:

Stop asking me to play this game again. Stop calling me and asking me to join again, and stop asking me via Facebook.

I am retired. What part of that don't you guys get?

Stop asking me to play again, and the next time it happens, I'm blocking you on both Facebook and my phone.

Stop asking me to join the games again and let sleeping dogs lie.

And with that being said, this will be my one and only post here. Now please honor my request and leave me alone.
    Sorry that people were bothering you. Hope you feel better soon!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    To this end, I have a couple proposals. Firstly, we could have a role designated for this purpose: The Detective. Every round, the Detective asks the host a question about how the murder was committed. Secondly (and what I think is a more fun concept), a roulette reward system. 10% of the players can PM the host after the update, first come, first served. They have a 1 in 8 chance of getting the opportunity to examine the crime scene and ask a question about it. The other 7 chances would be other various rewards, hindrances, or simply nothing.

Uh... I'm all on board for new mechanic ideas, if you're confident that you can make it work.

Another item I want to ask is simply, do you think we can get away with a game where there are two kills every update instead of one?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    As for your other question, I believe DP & I did double kills each round during Deadly Reunion, but the game mechanics there were a little different.
    The only problem with having double kills each round is a fast game. A very fast game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind trying that again, only this time have it be team vs. team, where everyone knows each other on the same team and each person has their own role within the team.
    CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    5 bucks says Casey gets the role of towel boy in the team. lol
    *snaps towel*

I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    I myself have thought of a new game twist to eliminate both the problem of the dead and banished scenarios (which I always struggled with) and the hurt feelings at being the first eliminated. It's not innovative but it could add an interesting creative curve ball. Maybe I'll pitch a game and see if it works...

But y'know, I'm retired and all.....
    DO IT, MAN! DO IT WHEN WE GET OVERMASTER BACK! HELL, DON'T WAIT, TELL US NOW!

A banished/killed story can be fun and engaging... but it's tough to stay involved when you're out of the game proper. I am somewhat proud that Purp and I skirted the entire notion by just having replacement characters in War of the Exiles, though it's a moot argument as that game was focused almost entirely on a narrative. Sorry Joe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    [iA banished/killed story can be fun and engaging... but it's tough to stay involved when you're out of the game proper. I am somewhat proud that Purp and I skirted the entire notion by just having replacement characters in War of the Exiles, though it's a moot argument as that game was focused almost entirely on a narrative. Sorry Joe.
    My Traitor Game: The Show Must Go On (was that even the title?) Awards Show game covers that, by having players not being ousted. Well, except for Traitors who get fired, but I even have some (tentative) plans for them.

Crap. I just realized I have no record of that original post, and have to repitch it from scratch. Although it's not like I don't still know all the nuances of the proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    My Traitor Game: The Show Must Go On (was that even the title?) Awards Show game covers that, by having players not being ousted. Well, except for Traitors who get fired, but I even have some (tentative) plans for them.
    There is an awards show?

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    There is an awards show?
    Well, we used to do Awards Shows. We did them for the first four years worth of Traitor Games, but then we sort of fell behind and forgot about doing a fifth one. If we hadn't, we'd have done a fifth and sixth Awards show by now. But alas, no matter how good certain people's performances were or what awesome moments happened in the games since then, no one got any awards for those moments.

Much to the dismay of certain characters who were looking forward to accepting awards in the Traitor Game Award Show.

The cast for the western game looks interesting so far though I don't know most of the characters. But then I didn't know most of the characters in the rebirth game either so... can't wait to see it start!

Funny to realize that photos of my character are from the 80s. And they seem 80s quality as well, from what I've seen on the internets so far! This'll be like a throwback of sorts.

So for this game, is the schedule going to be the same as the last one (MWF)?