Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Sorry I haven't been active in the game much this week, guys. Haven't had much computer access, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I'm not Chris, but that is interesting... halloween themed characters? Is the timing right for having another like that?
    Could be! Akibahara mentioned his idea for hosting one a few pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    There were two Halloween games that we held in previous years (unless I'm forgetting a third?), which did by and large make use of horror-themed characters. The second one ran into some shenanigans towards the end involving one of the players, but otherwise it was a very fun game. Of course, I'm a little biased, because it was one in which another player (hamboy) and I ended up playing the two halves of a Jekyll and Hyde inspired character, which was a roleplaying treat for me.
    There were three, yeah: Game XIII, run by Al and Donald M.; Game XXI, run by Al and tangentman; and Game XXVII, run by yourself and Ben Morgan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    There were three, yeah: Game XIII, run by Al and Donald M.; Game XXI, run by Al and tangentman; and Game XXVII, run by yourself and Ben Morgan.
    Uhhh... durhurhurrrrr.

Of course, I'd (obviously) forgotten. Truth be told, that was more Ben's game than mine, I just helped out a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Uhhh... durhurhurrrrr.

Of course, I'd (obviously) forgotten. Truth be told, that was more Ben's game than mine, I just helped out a little.
    I remember that one fondly.

I played Vamp!

There was also my all-vampire Traitor Tale

So the general the general consensus is that we're going to do a halloween themed one?

I'm not sure I know what falls under the Halloween theme. Anyone that can be dressed up as for Halloween? Scary characters?

I'm not sure I know what falls under the Halloween theme. Anyone that can be dressed up as for Halloween? Scary characters?
    Either fit, IMO.

Ghosts, skeletons, monsters, slasher killers, etc. all fit. Monster hunters like Vampire Hunter D, Buffy, Van Helsing, Blade, etc. are also fair game. Witches, goblins, trolls, and other folklore creatures spring to mind too.

When was the last time a Post-Apocalyptic game was made?

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    When was the last time a Post-Apocalyptic game was made?
    The closest to that would be a zombie game we had a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Either fit, IMO.

Ghosts, skeletons, monsters, slasher killers, etc. all fit. Monster hunters like Vampire Hunter D, Buffy, Van Helsing, Blade, etc. are also fair game. Witches, goblins, trolls, and other folklore creatures spring to mind too.
    Yes. I suppose Mina Murray from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen might fall under the 'monster hunter' category, as I played her in the first scenario.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 08-15-2014 at 06:44 AM.

I figure if my game's going next that I'd re-post the pitch for it.

TG – Bloodsport edition

One day you find something in your mail. It’s an invitation to a fighting tournament located some place called Madripoor. Once you arrive where the invitation has sent you realize how big this truly was. Fighters from all around the multiverse have been gathered to crown the strongest of all worlds. Hosted by the enigmatic Mister X your whims are catered to and a luxurious hotel right next to the fighting arena with everything you could ever imagine at your disposal. During the preliminaries however one of the contestants is found brutally beaten to an inch of their life. They quickly realize that among the contestants are individuals aiming to ruin it at all costs. Mister X decided that this should be investigated from within and allow the contestants to try and find the traitors in their midst. Who would seek to disrupt this tournament…and why?

Character requirements – Character has to be a fighter of some sort. Fighting game characters greatly encouraged, might have an incentive.

Roles: Possibly three traitors, two agents and a vigilante.

Mechanics: Since it’s a fighting tournament, there’s going to be a tournament, but haven’t really decided how to work it in since I think a coin flip robs away from the system a bit, though not sure how to make it fair otherwise or un power game-y.
    To add to that.

The incentive would be an extra vote change and an extra vote to be used once in game.

The fighting game mechanics would work by me picking three people at random from the players who aren't part of the particular fight that vote on the outcome and the fighters get to then rp out that result.

I will more than likely also use character slots as far as the big fighting game titles go, so we don't end up with like a TG full of Street Fighter characters or whatever.

Speaking of which, I'd love if it would end up a full fighting game roster but I know that's not going to happen but I hope that those that are familiar with different fighting games would consider such a character to rp.

Oh and another idea I had instead of doing a regular prologue at the start the players would write out a qualifying match between your character pick and another fighter of your choosing.

I think that's about it for now. If people actually want help and suggestions for characters from fighting games I'd be glad to help!
    Last edited by Jeremi; 08-15-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    The incentive would be an extra vote change and an extra vote to be used once in game.

The fighting game mechanics would work by me picking three people at random from the players who aren't part of the particular fight that vote on the outcome and the fighters get to then rp out that result.

I will more than likely also use character slots as far as the big fighting game titles go, so we don't end up with like a TG full of Street Fighter characters or whatever.

Speaking of which, I'd love if it would end up a full fighting game roster but I know that's not going to happen but I hope that those that are familiar with different fighting games would consider such a character to rp.
    Well, a few years ago, I listed 'Fighting Game characters' on my list of Characters I'll Most Likely Never Play in a Traitor Game'. The main reason being I'm not familiar enough with most of them to play them.

Anyway, I'm sure this scenario will result in the return of a running gag The Purple Skull used some years ago.

In the game I'm proposing (which I don't know if I'll run or if you guys will want to play it), there would be no requirement for a Halloween character. (Which is weird because I had been strict about that before). You could play whatever character you want to send to the Underworld to confront the Big Darkness (see Swamp Thing 48-50, Alan Moore run). Meanwhile there will be a seance at the mansion of Baron Winters. And I may either match you up with a magician/witch/sorcerer/psychic/medium of my own choosing, or I may let you pick that character. But when your character in the Underworld either gets "killed" or voted out, they will remain in the game, they won't feel the effects of the killing. But, your corresponding character in the seance will spontaneously combust!

This will solve my dead/banished scenario pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I think that's about it for now. If people actually want help and suggestions for characters from fighting games I'd be glad to help!
    Would you accept an original character?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Well, a few years ago, I listed 'Fighting Game characters' on my list of Characters I'll Most Likely Never Play in a Traitor Game'. The main reason being I'm not familiar enough with most of them to play them.

Anyway, I'm sure this scenario will result in the return of a running gag The Purple Skull used some years ago.
    Like I said, while I'd love to see as many fighting game characters as possible I know that's not going to happen, though any fighter is welcome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    Would you accept an original character?
    I'm always a but iffy with OCs in the TGs, but maybe.

Why not dust off some old Master of Kung-Fu with some righteous Shang-Chi?
    Last edited by Jeremi; 08-15-2014 at 11:31 AM.