Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Is it too soon to ask for some information on the next game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Is it too soon to ask for some information on the next game?
    Froggy is hosting and it's Western-themed, so I presume Western characters (or characters who were around during the time of the old west, maybe) are preferred/required.

I figure I'll start the sign ups on Saturday or Monday

One of those two days

But yeah the theme is western characters or characters from that era in history/characters who fit that theme, so any space cowboys are legit
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

I assume shows and property that feel western like are still allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    But yeah the theme is western characters or characters from that era in history/characters who fit that theme, so any space cowboys are legit
    What is the western era, in terms of years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    What is the western era, in terms of years?
    I assume Froggy is referring to the closing of the frontier era of American history so that would be roughly the 19th century, but mostly the late 1800's after the Civil War.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post

Can I call dibs on Hal Jordan?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I assume Froggy is referring to the closing of the frontier era of American history so that would be roughly the 19th century, but mostly the late 1800's after the Civil War.
    That said, there is still room for a lot of interpretation as to what might, thematically fit. It doesn't need to be only cowboys and indians, for instance. Chinese and Japanese immigrants came to America in sizable numbers, largely to work on the railroads. African-Americans in various capacities. There were the frontiersmen who cut a swathe through the new states, the newspapermen who were part journalist, part salesmen trying to bring in settlers to the new towns that sprang up. The Spanish West of California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico (or at least what those parts were before they became US states).

Above and beyond that, there are all sorts of other thematic fits. Specifically, I'm thinking of some recent things like Takashi Miike's "Sukiyaki Western Django", or The Good, the Bad, the Weird.

I'm not sure if some sci-fi pictures like Firefly/Serenity fit Froggy's theme, though they are kind of based on/around the same thing. Outland was a great movie- High Noon in space- though it's probably more sci-fi, less western and doesn't work. The third Back to the Future film took place in the Old West, too.

In short, I think there's probably a lot of leeway. If anyone needs any help with ideas, feel free to ask me here or on FB. The American West is a fairly close passion of mine.

Incredible Member

As for myself, I'm very tempted to retry playing as American Spirit, maybe doing him justice this time. I'm not one that's big on reprisals, though, so possibly not. My other current option I'm favoring is the Redstone Kid. I may try something very off the wall, though.

Maybe I'll play as the Living Totem.

I'll probably end up playing Hugo Stiglitz, from the Quentin Tarantino spaghetti western film, Inglorious Basterds.

Froggy, would you be able to state more specifically the type characters allowed in the next game?

Or should I say here which ones I may want to use and you can say it's allowed or not allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    As for myself, I'm very tempted to retry playing as American Spirit, maybe doing him justice this time. I'm not one that's big on reprisals, though, so possibly not. My other current option I'm favoring is the Redstone Kid. I may try something very off the wall, though.

Maybe I'll play as the Living Totem.
    Woo! The Living Totem! That would be very cool.

And here I was thinking I was the only person that enjoyed that mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by Akibahara View Post
    I'll probably end up playing Hugo Stiglitz, from the Quentin Tarantino spaghetti western film, Inglorious Basterds.
    You are thinking of Dr. King Schultz from Django Unchained.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    You are thinking of Dr. King Schultz from Django Unchained.
    Ah-ha, Quentin directed both films - but Hugo Stiglitz is from Inglorious Basterds, not exactly "Western" per se, in a 'Wild West' sense, but considered an "Italian styled" Western. Another example is 'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.'

Buuuuuuut...

Dr. King Schultz is another good candidate for this Traitor Game.

My first thought was possibly Kyle Reese (Terminator) sent to the wrong year. Then...

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    I'm not sure if some sci-fi pictures like Firefly/Serenity fit Froggy's theme, though they are kind of based on/around the same thing. Outland was a great movie- High Noon in space- though it's probably more sci-fi, less western and doesn't work. The third Back to the Future film took place in the Old West, too.
    ...Great Scott! Upon reading this, the idea of Doctor Emmett Brown stuck in the wild Hill Valley sounds like... <fun?> precisely!