Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

He's not online.

Maybe we should talk here, since, you know? Things went bad between us. You're always welcomed here. You're a member of the traitor game family.

Well, I'm going to ask if he's interested in The Murder Game. Hell, Chris, you should give it a shot. Test the waters out on Iwaku.

We've got 112 members and growing strong. Wouldn't hurt!

I guess no talking huh?

I've suggested to others that they should try your games. The total non action, it's not everyone's cup of team. They should still give it a sip, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I guess no talking huh?

I've suggested to others that they should try your games. The total non action, it's not everyone's cup of team. They should still give it a sip, imo.
    Thanks Josh! <3 But of course, you understand how I run the Murder Games. Very autocratic, yet very successful!

Quote Originally Posted by Akibahara View Post
    Well, I'm going to ask if he's interested in The Murder Game. Hell, Chris, you should give it a shot. Test the waters out on Iwaku.

We've got 112 members and growing strong. Wouldn't hurt!
    Well, I have been thinking of giving it a look-see when I have the time. It sounds like there are a few good RPGers there. But in any case, I'm not sure if we've ever really counted 'members' here. People come and go all the time, but it doesn't really bother us. If you ask me, the number of members isn't really important as long as we get some good quality role-players and participants.

Besides, I wouldn't want to host a single Traitor Game that had over 100 players. A little over 20 players in one game is enough. 40 or more would be a lot to keep track of.

Oh I know. Still think it's going to back fire on you. I see bright future, but I still think it should be a group effort. Like we are. Hence why some people are not okay with that.

I personally would like to mend fences. Both our groups can help each other, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Well, I have been thinking of giving it a look-see when I have the time. It sounds like there are a few good RPGers there. But in any case, I'm not sure if we've ever really counted 'members' here. People come and go all the time, but it doesn't really bother us. If you ask me, the number of members isn't really important as long as we get some good quality role-players and participants.

Besides, I wouldn't want to host a single Traitor Game that had over 100 players. A little over 20 players in one game is enough. 40 or more would be a lot to keep track of.
    The first Murder Game: "Murder: The Ties that Bind" was based off of Garth Ennis' Crossed. It features 50 players, and yes, it -was- incredibly fast-paced. However, it's considered "the best" Murder Game to date due to it's intricate storyline, heavy character relationships and intermingling between our ten rounds. It could be extremely fun, but it requires a -ton- of free time if you're willing to spare it. Anywho, yeah, we're planning to host sign-ups for a 'The World Ends With You' Murder Game in approximately a few days. Give it a try?

We're having our game soon, would you do the same?

I'd like to clarify something I said. I think you're going to fail, doesn't mean I want you to, Aki. I hope your groups gets to mg 50 like we're close to here.
    Last edited by Josh; 01-10-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akibahara View Post
    The first Murder Game: "Murder: The Ties that Bind" was based off of Garth Ennis' Crossed. It features 50 players, and yes, it -was- incredibly fast-paced. However, it's considered "the best" Murder Game to date due to it's intricate storyline, heavy character relationships and intermingling between our ten rounds. It could be extremely fun, but it requires a -ton- of free time if you're willing to spare it. Anywho, yeah, we're planning to host sign-ups for a 'The World Ends With You' Murder Game in approximately a few days. Give it a try?
    I'll take a look if I can find the time.

As far as 'incredibly fast-paced' goes, well personally I think we have to strive for a happy medium as far as pacing is concerned. Too fast and you risk players not being able to keep up. Too slow and you risk players getting bored unless there's a lot of roleplay and character interaction going on to keep things lively between updates.

Of course sometimes outside factors can get in the way. Real life and such can slow the pace sometimes. But in any case, we should at least try to reach that happy medium as far as pacing is concerned. We may or may not succeed, but we should at least try.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I'll take a look if I can find the time.

As far as 'incredibly fast-paced' goes, well personally I think we have to strive for a happy medium as far as pacing is concerned. Too fast and you risk players not being able to keep up. Too slow and you risk players getting bored unless there's a lot of roleplay and character interaction going on to keep things lively between updates.

Of course sometimes outside factors can get in the way. Real life and such can slow the pace sometimes. But in any case, we should at least try to reach that happy medium as far as pacing is concerned. We may or may not succeed, but we should at least try.
    Well, we usually do reach a happy medium after the introductory rounds consisting of The Prologue, Round One, Round Two, and a slower 'Round Three.' The inactives are weeded out during this duration, people discover their 'Murder mates,' and relationships begin to bear into fruition. After that, unless a very, very good round occurs -- we discover our happy medium.

Oh yeah, a bunch of people dropped the RP or only posted sporadically by the end of the game. Now we have just the people who can keep up with it.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

So, should we vote?
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Norwood View Post
    Oh yeah, a bunch of people dropped the RP or only posted sporadically by the end of the game. Now we have just the people who can keep up with it.
    We get inactives sometimes here at the Traitor Games, too. And sometimes it will happen even in a reasonably-paced game. All we can do is to try our best to keep people interested and playing, and try not to go TOO fast so that they can't keep up. But sometimes real life gets in the way, and such. It can't always be helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    So, should we vote?
    That depends. Does anyone else want to propose a scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Norwood View Post
    Yeah, that problem never goes away, bud.