Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Also a link between world's title is, as of now. (Still rough title d) The Tethers of Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirah View Post
    I vote a link between worlds.

Sorry I wasn't active all weekend I was in Disneyland.

Thank you for all the welcomes.
    Being in Disneyland is an acceptable reason to not post.

Still have to figure out which one to vote for myself, there's some good choices.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Being in Disneyland is an acceptable reason to not post.
    Good, I'm glad it is an acceptable reason.

So I hope this isn't against some community rule that I haven't heard about but I wanted to post the Sign-ups/Prologue for my game here. I'm doing this because I don't feel like my description captured the tone of the game very well. What follows is generally how the tone will be.

On worlds across the multiverse a bubble of electricity stands, seemingly mocking the natural laws of of the physics. From it a signal is emerging, a signal that carries the last plea's of a dying world. Anybody with a radio and a desire can hear a man's coming from it, the man sounds broken, like he was trying to carry the weight of the entire world but it had finally broken him.

"We've been fighting for a long time. The Machines have come closer and closer to wiping us out. Humanity despite us finally pulling together, is on the brink.
    We let our own arrogance fool us into thinking that we would always be at the top. But it wasn't true, it was never true, and now we're paying for the pride of our parents.
    In the end it doesn't really matter.
    The truth is that humanity is past the brink, Skynet has found a way to finally exterminate us. What the machines don't know is that we've found the same, a secret weapon that will destroy them without costing a single human life.
    M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction. Sometimes I think that's what happened to the world, it went mad. And us with it.
    I'm reminded of something the man who finished the Atom Bomb said, 'I am become Death. The Destroyer of worlds.'
    I need you-... I need you to become Death, the Destroyers of worlds, our world, theirs, both if you have too. You know you are. Find us, save us."

"This is John Connor. We're at the end of our fate."

The message shuts off, leaving the listeners with a choice. Do they become Death, or do they turn away and save themselves. The bubble stands there, a choice, possibly the last one.

And now for the obligatory suggestion list. (I'm writing this offline and will post it when I get to Internet, so sadly I will not be able to share links, simply google the name of the character and multiple pages will come up, wikipedia is functional but clicking on the name of the character from a forum devoted to the associated franchise will provide more accurate information in most cases)

Jeremi
    Mikasa (Attack on Titan)

Wedge Antilles
    Johnny Rico (Starship Troopers)/Corran Horn (Star Wars)/Wes Janson (Star Wars)

Mari
    Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)/Samantha Carter (Stargate SG1)/Jaina Solo (Star Wars)

Froggy
    Rick (Walking Dead)/Cameron Mitchell (Stargate SG1)

Akibahara
    Ender Wiggum (Ender's Game)/Shooter Guy (Miracle of Sound) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALd0ILisKvI

Chuuludrew
    Danno William's (Hawaii Five-O)

Josh
    Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Spartan 117
    Master Chief (Halo)

Note: If I didn't include you in the suggestions it doesn't mean that I don't want you in the game, it simply means I don't know you well enough to suggest a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    So I hope this isn't against some community rule that I haven't heard about but I wanted to post the Sign-ups/Prologue for my game here. I'm doing this because I don't feel like my description captured the tone of the game very well. What follows is generally how the tone will be.

On worlds across the multiverse a bubble of electricity stands, seemingly mocking the natural laws of of the physics. From it a signal is emerging, a signal that carries the last plea's of a dying world. Anybody with a radio and a desire can hear a man's coming from it, the man sounds broken, like he was trying to carry the weight of the entire world but it had finally broken him.

"We've been fighting for a long time. The Machines have come closer and closer to wiping us out. Humanity despite us finally pulling together, is on the brink.
    We let our own arrogance fool us into thinking that we would always be at the top. But it wasn't true, it was never true, and now we're paying for the pride of our parents.
    In the end it doesn't really matter.
    The truth is that humanity is past the brink, Skynet has found a way to finally exterminate us. What the machines don't know is that we've found the same, a secret weapon that will destroy them without costing a single human life.
    M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction. Sometimes I think that's what happened to the world, it went mad. And us with it.
    I'm reminded of something the man who finished the Atom Bomb said, 'I am become Death. The Destroyer of worlds.'
    I need you-... I need you to become Death, the Destroyers of worlds, our world, theirs, both if you have too. You know you are. Find us, save us."

"This is John Connor. We're at the end of our fate."

The message shuts off, leaving the listeners with a choice. Do they become Death, or do they turn away and save themselves. The bubble stands there, a choice, possibly the last one.

And now for the obligatory suggestion list. (I'm writing this offline and will post it when I get to Internet, so sadly I will not be able to share links, simply google the name of the character and multiple pages will come up, wikipedia is functional but clicking on the name of the character from a forum devoted to the associated franchise will provide more accurate information in most cases)

Jeremi
    Mikasa (Attack on Titan)

Wedge Antilles

Mari
    Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)/Samantha Carter (Stargate SG1)/Jaina Solo (Star Wars)

Froggy
    Rick (Walking Dead)/Cameron Mitchell (Stargate SG1)

Akibahara
    Ender Wiggum (Ender's Game)/Shooter Guy (Miracle of Sound) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALd0ILisKvI

Chuuludrew
    Danno William's (Hawaii Five-O)

Josh
    Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Spartan 117
    Master Chief (Halo)

Note: If I didn't include you in the suggestions it doesn't mean that I don't want you in the game, it simply means I don't know you well enough to suggest a character.
    I would give you a 'Love' rating for portraying me as Ender Wiggin... but then I remembered what website I'm on.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

This is a fantastic Prologue. I especially like the 'become death' dilemma. I hope this game wins the vote.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

The list, with the proposals, for quick reference:

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy
    Family Feud-Drew and I came up with this idea. The Maximoff/Lensherr and Summers families are brought to the estate of Charles Xavier for a family reunion or event tying the two clans together, when someone is murdered! Only requirement is that you play a member of one of these clans.

---

Welcome to the Jungle! An all anthromorphic game where the players are on Kamandi's world and the host is Dr. Moreau or the high evolutionary, deciding what creature should ascend to god hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuro
    2022. The War with the Machines has reached a deadlock. The Resistance...armed with EMPS. The Machines have created have created dirty bombs with no electrical fallout. Both sides stand to lose every thing. M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction.
    Skynet contacts John Connor to play a game of Traitors, Infiltrators and Resisters. The stakes...the destruction of the Machines or the enslavement of Humanity.
    Champions and Traitors culled from all across time and dimensions. Let The End Begin

Traitor Game: No Fate But What We Make

So basically its set in the Post-Apocalyptic Future that we saw in Terminator Salvation. If you're not familiar with the series don't worry, it isn't that complicated and you'll completely know what's going on after a few minutes.
    Familiar characters do reappear such as Arnie, Cameron from the TV show even Ol Sara Connor makes an appearance.

Characters will be soldier themed. Anthromorphics aren't encouraged as its a darker more serious game. But if you feel the character is appropriate post it anyways. Just make sure it fits .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi
    Smash til you drop, Bros (working title)
    Your eyes flutter open and you find yourself among a group, some familiar faces both others draw a blank. You seem to be on a small earth like orb that is floating somewhere out in space, at least if the view around you is indication. Suddenly a calm and soothing voice beacons to you. A tall regally dressed woman introducing herself as princess Rosalina. She would beseech the gathered group to help her on a daunting task. A screen flickers to life and reveals an image with seven emeralds. Rosalina tells you that these are called the Chaos Emeralds and they have been scattered by an unknown assilant to different worlds. Did Rosalina mention that there are multiple universes out in the cosmos? No? Well she did now. You get a device that will help you pin point where these emeralds are and you will use these warp portals that look suspiciously like green pipes to get there. Good or bad you must all work together in finding the emeralds because otherwise doom awaits all your worlds. Little do you know however that some among your group are already working with the mysterious would be thief, be it by their own free will or mental tampering and they will use any means to get their hands on the emeralds, even murder. So now you don't only have the problem to finding these emeralds you also have individuals that are trying to stab you in the back, literally.

Character requirements - Must play a character from a Nintendo, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man or Metal Gear Solid franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman
    Land of the Dead: The Underworld doesn't like being tricked by its occupants. These people have lived before, but someone is very keen to see them return to their graves.
    Character requirements: Any character who has been killed and ressurected.

Best of Enemies: Character requirements-Players must choose a character who is an enemy of another players character.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al
    TRAITOR GAME: QUEST FOR THE HEROES' FOUNT

Heroes of science. Heroes of magic. They are the superhumans of this world. The former gained their incredible powers when the mysterious Bobby Gilgamesh tapped them on the shoulder and gave them the choice to sip from the Cup of the Heroes' Fount. The latter experienced "missing time" or alien abductions, and awoke with genetic alterations to give them superpowers.

The Cup has gone missing. Your character arrives in a remote warehouse where Bobby Gilgamesh is found beaten and wounded. He implores your help, because the cup can be weaponized to spark an apocalypse. And whether your character is from this world or another one entirely, all realities are in peril. And this world's forces of evil are set to stop you from succeeding.

Original characters or adapted public domain characters only.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616
    TRAITOR GAME: A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS!

ATTENTION: ONLY YOU CAN SAVE THE SOULS OF THE MULTIVERSE! In this thrilling edition of the Traitor Games, Two of the multiverses' most enigmatic rogues, Zaheer of Legend of Korra Infamy, and A Strange and Enigmatic character from the world of Dragon Age have joined forces in a scheme that puts the spirit of every living thing at risk! As a result, Tenzin and Wynne have called upon the best the multiverse has to offer to track down and defeat these two villains, and save the spiritual centers of the multiverse! Will they succeed in tracking down these rapscallions?! Will the Traitor Game be successful? Will I ever manage to get an on screen appearance again?! Find out in the Next exciting edition of the Traitor Games!

Suggested characters include spiritual characters, kings and queens and nobility, and leaders of men. Major plot beats will be secret for now because why spoil the fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro
    Traitor Game XLVIII(?): A Matter of Time Wolves

Setup: Dr. Ann Fritz created a time machine. But no matter how much she tried, she couldn't send things to her own past. She would send objects ever so slightly into the past, and it would just be gone. By analyzing the after-effects, she ultimately determined these objects were being lost to the multiverse. She spent years determining how to prevent this from happening--how to truly go back in time. She also worked to make sure that when something was sent, she could bring it back--there was no point in being trapped.

Finally, the day is upon us. She has succeeded in finishing her time machine. To celebrate this occasion, she sent out messages throughout the multiverse requesting representatives for an audience. Who wants to see this happen? Or, who is willing to come on the behalf of others? The message cards she sent bring them to her. Once everyone is ready, she pulls the switch, and off they go! Into the great unknown!

...But it is not that easy. What she doesn't know is that there are those among the audience who have been sent to learn her secrets. They will learn what they need to and kill everyone there. What she doesn't know is that hidden in the timestream are ethereal wolf-like creatures that feed on time travelers. These Time Wolves possess three members of the crowd as they traveler, feast on another audience member, and then change who they possess. Silent and undetected, they will hop from body to body until they run out of meals.

Who are the Hitmen? Whom are the Wolves possessing? What special traits might the rest of the crowd have? What does this all mean for poor Dr. Fritz? It's a time-traveling adventure wrought with peril! What are you waiting for?

I'm torn between Welcome the the Jungle and No Fate But What We Make.

Jeremi
    Mikasa (Attack on Titan)
    Only one I could see myself playing from AoE would probably be Hange Zoë.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 01-13-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Wedge Antilles
    Sadly I've never watched Starship Troopers, and haven't read enough to come upon a Corran Horn.

Wes Janson though? Now that is intriguing.

Thuro, I appreciate the suggestions! But don't know any of those characters

I see the TGs have stirred once more.

Hello everyone, I am your friendly neighborhood bear.

Atomyk! Nice to see you man! Bear-y nice!

I'd give you a like but alas.

I'm here to rock some socks and play some games.