Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1124

In honor of Easter, let's do a flashback to the Third Annual Traitor Game Awards to show this little skit I wrote for Easter. I think it's probably one of the weirdest things I've ever written for anything Traitor Game-related. The setting for the Awards Show that year was a convention being held at Mahora Academy. So the characters from previous Traitor Games occasionally had to deal with conventiongoers and a few cosplayers. All this still made more sense than the scene quoted below.

----------
    Flashback to Third Annual Traitor Game Awards.

"What was THAT all about?" Sofia asked.

"I don't know." Laurie replied. "It seemed so pointless."

"It's a running gag." Goombella explained. "You see, that version of Superman is based off of an Internet joke. And every year there's this totally unannounced made-up Skullie, which he steals. People are kind of expecting it after..."

Goombella never finished the sentence, for at that moment, there was a loud rumbling as the Kool-Aid Man burst through a wall.

"OH YEAH!" As the drink mascot showed the cosplayers issues of his first and only comic book, hoping to get some autographs, a large strangely colored rabbit appeared, carrying a basket.

"Happy Easter everyone!" The Easter Bunny proclaimed as he reached into his basket and tossed out chocolate eggs, chocolate bunnies, and other treats to the crowd.

One of the chocolate eggs landed on the ground, and broke. A chocolate chicken emerged from the egg, seemed to age to adulthood rapidly, and began strutting around the grounds of Mahora Academy as if it owned the place.

And then the chocolate chicken was grabbed by a giant snowman wearing what appeared to be an ice cream cone on its head. The chicken struggled to no avail, as the snowman opened its mouth and shoved the chocolate creature inside. And then the snowman's color began changing, from white to a combination between white and brown.

"Wait a minute!" Lia Nelson exclaimed. "That guy's, like, not made of snow at all! He's totally made out of vanilla ice cream!"

And at that moment, Vanilla Ice leaped into the room, followed by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. "Go Ninja, Go Ninja go! Go Ninja, go ninja go!"

As Vanilla Ice and the turtles danced along with some cosplayers dressed as 'ninja style dancers', Ryoga Hibiki entered the room.

"Where could I be NOW???" Ryoga shouted. "I was just at China, and I still couldn't find Jusenkyo even with a map."

It was at that point that a strange sprite seemingly made out of a metal wire appeared next to him.

"No springs, my friend! No springs!" Coily laughed.

Ryoga just growled in annoyance. Meanwhile, a strange young woman with long dark hair arrived. She was dressed in purple armor, and carried a giant boomerang on her back.

"My name is Sango Fett. Have any of you seen Naraku Solo?" she asked.

Before anyone could answer, there was a rumbling. From the ground emerged a giant gopher. The gopher picked up a guitar, and began to sing a horribly off-key rendition of "I've Been Working On the Railroad" before being chased away by a woodpecker who apparently mistook him for a tree.

Just then a strange bear walked silently past, wearing a sandwich board sign advertising some restaurant.

Then the vanilla and chocolate snowman collided with the gopher and the woodpecker, while the ninja dancers tripped them up.

And then a huge giant robot, like something out of an old 'mech' anime, came along, scooped up all the newcowers who had arrived since Goombella's explanation of the unannounced Skullie, and then flew off into the sky. The robot, and all of those crazy characters, were lost to sight.

The cosplayers and the Traitor Game guests stared for a while, and then got back to what they were doing before the series of bizarre events (even by Traitor Game Awards Show standards) happened.

Goombella nodded. "I think we know what THAT was."

As if on cue, a logo appeared in the air, and a voice from nowhere uttered the phrase in the logo.

"A BIG LIPPED ALLIGATOR MOMENT!"

The logo vanished as quickly as it came.

---------------
    Return to present day

In any case, I wish everyone in the Traitor Game community a Happy Easter.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 04-04-2015 at 11:02 PM.

And the final round has started.

http://community.comicbookresources....-brawl!/page19

Congrats to everyone who made it to the end!

As my idea is based off of the video game series Danganronpa, I'll explain a bit what that actually is.

It’s a “closed circle mystery” where the country’s best and brightest high schoolers have been trapped within their high school and forced to participate in a grisly killing game. It’s also a type of logical puzzle game that also features a strong action element, which has led to the creation of an all-new game genre we like to call “High-Speed Logic Action.”
    I'm sure the developers would call it an adventure-action game, but it plays more like a visual novel than anything. Fifteen students are trapped in a school and told the only way to leave is to commit a murder... and get away with it. The characters are given various motivations like being threatened to reveal their secrets, kill their loved ones, etc. Each chapter consists of an inevitable murder, and then the player basically plays a murder mystery to find the culprit. If the correct culprit is voted guilty, he is executed.

The game's style is similar to the TGs and other games of this genre. Keep in mind that this will just be what I base the setting off of, and as there's no character theme, no knowledge of Danganronpa will be needed at all. A synopsis of the TG itself:

Welcome to Despair Academy, otherwise known as Hope's Peak's Auxiliary Campus, which looks less like a school and more like a castle of classic European design. Despite your odd surroundings, you're here to learn, and Hope's Peak is known to be a prestigious school where only the best of the best can study. It could be fun, if not for one odd detail-- You can't leave. You're not even sure how you got here! A strange bear-like robot informs you all that he'd like you to stay, but if you really want to leave... you simply have to kill. But that's not all, you have to get away with it as well! Certainly no one could be that desperate, right? You'll find another way out, right?

Traitor kills will be heavily plotted out behind the scenes in order to provide small 'murder mysteries'. Planned investigations, as well as trials, will occur. They'll be akin to, say, the movie 12 Angry Men. Majority votes will result in an execution, whether or not the individual voted is guilty or not! As for accepted characters, most any fandom characters would be fine, though character powers would be scaled down in power to be on equal footing with each other.

Basically, I'll be choosing the usual roles, but when the traitors choose to kill somebody, I will be contacting that person beforehand so that they and the traitors can actually plan out how the murder will go, so that clues can be placed for people to piece it together somewhat.
    Last edited by Atomyk; 04-12-2015 at 05:30 PM.

*Presses like button*

Good jerb.

Is Monokuma appearing in your game, Atomyk?

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Is Monokuma appearing in your game, Atomyk?
    Yep! He'll be our lovely host.

*clicks like on Atomyk's post*

Quote Originally Posted by Atomyk View Post
    Yep! He'll be our lovely host.
    Somehow, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Well, we're all discussing vague ideas for future Traitor Games. And in the meantime, I'd like to repost (somewhere, I'm not sure where) my pirate scenario as well as the Infinity Gems trilogy (Traitor Game 25: Crisis, Traitor Game 33: Deadly Reunion, and Traitor Game 40: War of the Exiles).

Of course, I'd also love to do a Traitor Game Awards Show at some point, but that depends on whether there's enough enthusiasm or interest. Lotta Hart has been to a certain spinoff's Award Show, and has returned to pass on some new ideas for awards to us.

I was thinking of having the fighting going for maybe Thursday or early Friday, depending how much people feel like fighting.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Well, we're all discussing vague ideas for future Traitor Games.
    I've added a lot more details to one of my Traitor Game Pitches (To the Death), if anyone's interested. I've came up with a theme, story, and host character.

As for the ideas discussed so far, I really like Atomyk's ideas, as well as the murder mysteries part. Also, as it's set at a school, a potential theme could be Teenage characters from any fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    I've added a lot more details to one of my Traitor Game Pitches (To the Death), if anyone's interested. I've came up with a theme, story, and host character.

As for the ideas discussed so far, I really like Atomyk's ideas, as well as the murder mysteries part. Also, as it's set at a school, a potential theme could be Teenage characters from any fandom.
    At least that theme is broad enough.

The problem is, I think we've overused themes. We've squandered the new player opportunity that Rebirth provided us by then proceeding with several 'themed' scenarios. At least three out of the last four Traitor Games have had narrow character choice themes, and that may have resulted in lower turnouts than we might have had otherwise (granted, there may have also been other factors at play as well). Granted, some of them (especially No Fate But What We Make) turned out pretty good anyway, but still what we'd like is a fairly good turnout of active players with lots of roleplaying possibilities.

Traitor Game L: Existential Crisis

An Epic Anniversary Extravaganza brought to you by Indigo Al and Joe Acro.

The story:
    In one multiverse, the Crisis on Infinite Earths is playing out differently. The Anti-Monitor's anti-matter wave is out of control, leaking into other multiverses. The Monitor has gathered a team from multiple worlds--the Wanderers--to gather artifacts of power from previous Traitor Games in an effort to safeguard the rest of reality. The Anti-Monitor realizes his plan and creates his own team--the Suicide Squad--to gather such artifacts to increase his power and his sphere of influence! So the Monitor has drafted more beings to thwart the Anti-Monitor's efforts within his home multiverse. But all this destruction and crisscrossing of reality has awoken long-dormant, ethereal Hypertime Hounds, creatures who now seek to steal the power from Monitor's forces and reclaim some control over reality.

It's a battle for control of all reality and for the safety of all reality, a stroll through various custom realities, and very much a walk down Traitor Game Memory Lane.

Roles:
    The Hounds play the roles of Traitors, jumping from player to player. Expect the return of other roles from games past. Many players will end up with some sort of role.

Character requirement:
    None. But you do need to choose two characters. When your first one gets eliminated and goes to help the Wanderers, your second character takes their place. However, if you choose a custom DC creation, we'll allow you to suggest either a TG artifact for the Wanderers to hunt or a custom world for the current game to travel through.

Basically, we're throwing as much "Traitor Game" as we can into one game--or rather two games, since everyone gets to essentially play twice.

How's that sound for a 50th game spectacular?

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

The story:
    In one multiverse, the Crisis on Infinite Earths is playing out differently. The Anti-Monitor's anti-matter wave is out of control, leaking into other multiverses. The Monitor has gathered a team from multiple worlds--the Wanderers--to gather artifacts of power from previous Traitor Games in an effort to safeguard the rest of reality. The Anti-Monitor realizes his plan and creates his own team--the Suicide Squad--to gather such artifacts to increase his power and his sphere of influence! So the Monitor has drafted more beings to thwart the Anti-Monitor's efforts within his home multiverse. But all this destruction and crisscrossing of reality has awoken long-dormant, ethereal Hypertime Hounds, creatures who now seek to steal the power from Monitor's forces and reclaim some control over reality.

It's a battle for control of all reality and for the safety of all reality, a stroll through various custom realities, and very much a walk down Traitor Game Memory Lane.

Roles:
    The Hounds play the roles of Traitors, jumping from player to player. Expect the return of other roles from games past. Many players will end up with some sort of role.

Character requirement:
    None. But you do need to choose two characters. When your first one gets eliminated and goes to help the Wanderers, your second character takes their place. However, if you choose a custom DC creation, we'll allow you to suggest either a TG artifact for the Wanderers to hunt or a custom world for the current game to travel through.

Basically, we're throwing as much "Traitor Game" as we can into one game--or rather two games, since everyone gets to essentially play twice.

That sounds absolutely amazing! I'd definitely play that.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

If i got time I'll try to play it, I feel like I'm in a warp or something.

Jenni Ognats aka The Flash of the 30th Century, Superdemon, Hellblazer, Batman III (Kamandi), Mercury from Amalgam comics, lots of choices yo
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

The story:

Roles:

Character requirement:

Sounds pretty interesting. And since we're referencing past games, I think I'd like to go ahead with my plan to re-post the 'Infinity Gems' trilogy as a backup feature for 'Brawl'. Maybe some of what happens in those games will be referenced in this one.

For reference, the Infinity Gems trilogy consists of the following games:

Traitor Game 25: Crisis. Dr. Doom and a group of other villains called 'The Masters' gather together. However, can they trust each other with the Infinity Gems? Which of them will side with the scenario's true Big Bad, the sorceress Morgan Le Fey? A group of characters from all over the Multiverse gathers together to help restore order. (I'm not sure, but I think this was also wolvie616's first game, as he played young Obi-Wan from an alternate Star Wars universe in this one).

Traitor Game 33: Deadly Reunion: A most unconventional scenario for several reasons. There are three host characters: The Grandmaster, Arcade, and the Calculator. Each has recruited teams of people from various places in the Multiverse. And each of them has hired two Traitors -- one for each of their opposing teams. Once again, the Infinity Gems are at stake. While a few of the player characters were from actual previous Traitor Games (such as wolvie616's Obi-Wan and Radioactive Zombie's Talon), many of them came from Traitor Games that never actually were. For example, Franziska von Karma was the Inquisitor in a never-actually-seen scenario involving Norman Osborn, the Amazon Quartet hosted a bizarre showbiz themed scenario (from what we've been told since it never actually happened), and Indigo Al's Nikki Wood came from an alternate universe version of a scenario that DID actually happen (Traitor Game 27: Welcome to My Nightmare). But the end result, however, was a scenario that was (in my opinion anyway) definitely enjoyable on its own merits as a Traitor Game.

Traitor Game 40: War of the Exiles: Thanos has gathered together the Infinity Gems, and the Exiles rush to stop Thanos and his Weapon X team. With the fate of the entire Multiverse at stake, the Exiles recruit new Exiles from various alternate Marvel variants to help save reality (and several variants of the Marvel universe along the way) and eventually stop Thanos. Unfortunately, Malice of Weapon X is possessing people and murdering the new Exiles one by one, so replacement Exiles who are immunized against Malice's possession are also called in. It all led to a spectacular epic finale where the Exiles, joined by other dimension-traveling heroes, battle Thanos for the fate of the Multiverse. A well-crafted scenario, with the hosts' affection for the inspiring source material pretty obvious.

Anyway, I think those might be good games for me to re-post soon.