Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1124

Apparently, signups have started, but it's kept a closely guarded secret, as no one's posted it in the Bullpen.

So if you read the Bullpen by viewing your subscribed threads or search the threads you've posted, as opposed to going to the Community forum, you're clearly going to be out of the loop.

Link to the signup thread is here...

http://community.comicbookresources....ame-L-Sign-Ups

Many Bothans died to give us this information.

(It's a geeky reference joke, for those who are wondering).

And no, I don't really know what a Bothan is either. Especially since Expanded Universe materials are of questionable canonicity.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 05-24-2015 at 11:54 PM.

WeirdoPky

So, I randomly reminisced about my user name since it was the same name I used for AIM back in the day, and the traitor games came to mind. Saw the wiki entry. Can't believe it's still going, but glad you guys are keeping it up. These games were a lot of fun. I'm still baffled that I was allowed after only playing in like one game, to be the host, but I remember enjoying it all the same. Hope all of you from back in the day who stuck around are doing well, and hope everyone since 2007/8 are enjoying it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdoPky View Post
    So, I randomly reminisced about my user name since it was the same name I used for AIM back in the day, and the traitor games came to mind. Saw the wiki entry. Can't believe it's still going, but glad you guys are keeping it up. These games were a lot of fun. I'm still baffled that I was allowed after only playing in like one game, to be the host, but I remember enjoying it all the same. Hope all of you from back in the day who stuck around are doing well, and hope everyone since 2007/8 are enjoying it as well.
    Well, we're keeping things going. And if you're in a nostalgic mood, I've re-posted the one and only game you hosted, Traitor Game V, along with its two immediate sequels, in my user blog at the Traitor Game Wiki.

Personally, Dr. Cox was my favorite of the characters you played. Loved how you played off of Dick Dastardly, and it was a pleasure re-presenting it in the Wiki.

Hey man, nice to have you drop by! Hope you're doing well
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Thanks for stopping by! It was all good times, man. I hope you're doing well also.

The game has started folks!

I'll try and finish my pictures and post tomorrow!

Hi, Weirdopky! (If you're still lurking about)

Hi. I'm not going to be participating in this event. My "partner" more or less isn't interested anymore, so I'm not quite as interested in turn.
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Hi. I'm not going to be participating in this event. My "partner" more or less isn't interested anymore, so I'm not quite as interested in turn.
    Ahh okay, this is a surprise but I understand man. Thanks for letting us know though.

Would it matter if you played as a different character? It'd be a shame to lose you because of someone else.

Uhh, as I told Froggy I've been up for around sixteen hours (or something incredibly long like that). I'll let you know when I've picked through my to play roster and made a decision.

But yeah, quite possibly I'd still be interested.
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

Ah, the Talking Blob. It's been a while since I last saw him.

This isn't the first time the Talking Blob has made a cameo in a Traitor Game. Waay back in Traitor Game 13: Fright Club, the big finale to our first Halloween scenario had all the players facing off against demons and monsters summoned by Chthon. Mina Murray and Anita Blake worked together to slay the Darkhold Dwarf in a brutal battle, but the rest of the demons were still at large and they needed more allies. Fortunately, the Reaper's Scythe had some special magical powers that would summon some more of them...

Here's a clip...

------------------------
    From Traitor Game XIII: Fright Club

"We need all the allies we can get in this confrontation..."

As Mina spoke, the Scythe glowed, and a bolt from it struck a magazine that had fallen from Bolton's pocket.

The magazine glowed brightly. Mina saw the title of the magazine just before the pages opened. CRACKED.

The magazine seemed to expand in size, becoming as large as a mansion's front door. Out of the pages stepped several figures. One was a blonde woman with the same hairstyle as Elvira. Another was a fair-haired young man in janitor's overall's carrying a mop. A third looked like some sort of figure from the American Old West. And the fourth was not even human ... it was a living gelatinous blob.

"This is Nanny Dickering, coming to you live from the Crypt Keeper's mansion ... what's left of it." the blonde woman with the Elvira hairstyle began. "We seem to be in the middle of a major world-threatening confrontation."

The janitor just stood silently and cringed, while the cowboy began firing his guns at the demons to no effect. "I don't think those are going to work, Sagebrush."

The blob approached several advancing demons. A mouth formed on the blob, and it devoured ten or more demons in one gulp. "So long suckers!" it exclaimed.

Mina was stunned. That blob can talk?

She decided that it was for the best that the newcomers appeared to be on their side. "That was a lucky accident. Hopefully, this will make up for the loss of Mr. Bolton." Mina mused.

OOC: This gratuitous cameo inspired by a discussion on the Discussion thread.

------------
    Not to be outdone, Chthon summoned an image of Alfred E. Neuman to counter them. And then this happened.

--------
    Chris Lang 11-11-2007 12:03 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    As the others staggered under the three-way assault of Tesh, Hoff and G, Chthon looked upon these newcomers and threw up his hands!

"What, me worry?"

The air behind him shimmered, revealing a malevolent face which beamed stupefying waves of pure idiocy upon the champions of good.

"I cannot be stopped! I! Cannot! Be! Stopped! The sacrifice has made me too powerful! The forces I can call upon are endless! Give up now and I promise your ends will be swift!"
    Nanny Dickering screamed. "Not you again! You had me kidnapped back in the first Cracked movie! Of course we couldn't use your name in the magazine or we'd get sued, but that shadow was a dead giveaway! Sylvester, get rid of that thing!"

Sylvester the janitor rushed toward the face of his arch-rival, only to be halted in his tracks by the waves of idiocy. He fell to the ground, immobilized.

Mina, meanwhile, decided it was best to keep her distance from the Talking Blob. Like the zombie Spider-Man, the Blob had an insatiable hunger. It was devouring demons left and right, all the while bellowing out one-liners. "This one needs more salt." it said after eating its fiftieth victim.

Mina rushed to the rest of the Cracked contingent. "Maybe this Scythe will dispell that illusion."

She swung the scythe at the image of the idiot. A bolt of energy emerged, striking the image down...

----------
    After that, all the weird cameo characters were abruptly banished back to their home dimensions as the final confrontation with Chthon began and Elvira had to take drastic action to save the day. So yeah, a lot of Mood Whiplash there.

The Talking Blob would not be seen again in a Traitor Game for nearly eight years. I loved being able to work him into the Monster Island scenario.

I apologize for a lack of a timetable, and how that's thrown a few of you off. We'd initially wanted to do the traditional MWF updates, but due to having to navigate each world, including allowing for interactions and giving everyone the chance to include their own bits of creativity, we hesitated on providing a schedule because we didn't want people to feel constrained/rushed. We just updated as things seem to ran their course. That's made voting tricky, I'm sure. But after two rounds, it seems like we're moving at a round a week, so I've set a voting deadline for next Saturday by 9:00 PM EST.

I hope that helps everyone.

Chris summoned me, saying that Traitor Game Alumni were invited to take part in the final battle. Well, I'm here.

Edit: I just looked at my roleplay list again. I don't think I should be taking on another one.
    Last edited by Thuro Pendragon; 09-05-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Chris summoned me, saying that Traitor Game Alumni were invited to take part in the final battle. Well, I'm here.

Edit: I just looked at my roleplay list again. I don't think I should be taking on another one.
    We'd love to have you, even if it's just a cameo.

But yes, I understand. After doing two RPs at once last month or so (Traitor Game L and the UMG), I couldn't really see myself doing three or more at once. It'd be just crazy.

Right now, I'm giving Traitor Game L all my RP energies. I feel I need to in order to help with this final battle, and I've got other things going on in my life as well.