Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
Here's basically how "Traitor Game: The Novel" works. Everyone creates an original character (possibly more than one, depending on the number of people involved). Al suggested we might also use public domain characters. Together, we come up with a scenario we like. (Me and Al worked on one, but I want this to be collaborative.) Ideally, we could agree/compromise to include the things we think are most essential to a good, interesting, fun game.

I feel like we'd have to forego prologues--jump straight into the story and fill in backstories as we go, either via flashback or conversation. Instead of acting autonomously, if there's something you want your character to do that effects other characters or the setting, you throw your ideas out there and we offer a general sense of approval, possibly helping with the details. Al suggested, and I think this is a good idea, that over the course of the game we visit each of the worlds of the characters involved.
Clarify, please. Should these discussions be carried out in character, out of character, or both? For example, will it be the player or the character who says, "I'd like to do this; what do you think?" Will anyone have the right to veto someone else's idea? If we combine the TG and the Bullpen, as I believe someone suggested (on Facebook?) there may be a lot of switching back and forth between IC and OOC. IMHO that could become a bit confusing.