Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1124

Okay, this isn't exactly Throwback Thursday, but I figured I ought to explain things about the Belasco's Limbo Legion to those who weren't there before.

In Years One and Two, starting with Traitor Games eight and nine, Immortus recruited Soundwave and Vandal Savage to be the first members of his Limbo Legion, along with Omniwave (a future version of Soundwave). They would later recruit Bizarro, Mr. Bones, a warped version of Iron Man, and a brainwashed Sif. They were part of an ongoing subplot.

To combat them, the Rogue Watcher recruited (in addition to his nephew Donald) Darkwing Duck, Thorpool, Grimlock, Kitty Pryde, Goombella, Captain America, and Ares as part of the Rogue Team (later Rogue Avengers). The recruitment for both teams occurred at the end of several games. Eventually, this led to Traitor Game 20: Challenge of the Limbo Legion.

But along the way, there came Allebmoog. Allebmoog was an alternate timeline counterpart of Goombella from Belasco's Limbo. Allebmoog, unlike Goombella, took a wrong turn and got demonically influenced and turned evil. She first appeared in Traitor Game 8, re-appeared in Traitor Game 12, and applied for membership in the Limbo Legion during the First Annual Traitor Game Awards Show. However, they never called her back.

So of course, Allebmoog decided to form a Legion of her own. What follows is the first appearance of this other 'legion', from Danielle Moonstar's epilogue in Traitor Game 18: Reality Bites.

Chris Lang 07-30-2008 07:08 PM

Danielle Moonstar Epilogue Part 2: Surprise Guests

Danielle Moonstar Epilogue Part 2

Danielle Moonstar materialized near the woods behind Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. The stars shone above from a clear, late night sky.

Right where I was before I was taken to the Traitor Game, she mused to herself.

And she was not alone. Emerging from the mansion and approaching her were two figures she recognized.

One was Kitty Pryde, previously the youngest member of the X-Men and currently with the England-based Excalibur. Since the X-Men had returned, Kitty occasionally re-visited the mansion so her presence here was not entirely unexpected.

The other was someone Dani had only met through the Traitor Games. It was Goombella, the Goomba advisor some video gamers probably knew from the Paper Mario games. What is SHE doing here?, Dani thought to herself.

Kitty and Goombella both looked surprised to see Dani. "Dani?" Kitty asked. "Where have you been? The others have been looking for you all day!"

"Traitor Game." Dani replied. "What are you doing here?"

"We're gathering supplies, and information." Kitty said. "We need them for this secret mission."

"We're trying to catch those Limbo Legion guys." Goombella added. "We found out they're about to do something really gnarly. If this Book of Destiny is right, the Traitor Games might be all that stands in their way. I know, that sounds totally crazy, but it's what Destiny wrote in her book."

Dani tried to take in what they were saying. "Slow down, start from the beginning. What's this secret mission?"

"The Rogue Watcher's been recruiting a bunch of people to help track down and defeat the Limbo Legion." Kitty replied. "Remember when Goombella and I stayed behind to help out after the end of that Traitor Game in the Batcave? We got caught in the middle of a confrontation between them and the Limbo Legion, and they asked us to join them."

"It's a totally crazy story, and I don't think we can give you all the details but..."

Goombella was interrupted by an unexpected voice.

"Why are you losers, like, standing around chatting, when you COULD be involved in a totally gratuitous action sequence?" the voice proclaimed. "It's about time you actually met the Legion, y'know?"

All three of them turned to face the source of the voice. Dani could not believe what she was seeing.

"You?!?" Goombella exclaimed.

(To be continued in the next epilogue segment)

---
    (continued next post)
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 09-20-2015 at 07:08 PM.

(continuing the clip from Traitor Game 18: Reality Bites!)

Chris Lang 07-30-2008 07:11 PM

Dani's Epilogue Part 3: Limbo Legion? Not quite...

Danielle Moonstar Epilogue Part 3

Indeed, from the woods emerged the form of Allebmoog, aka Dark Goombella. Dani recalled the story of how Allebmoog came about. Several Traitor Gamers, like the X-Men and Illyana Rasputin before them, had become stuck in Belasco's Limbo. And some had stayed there long enough for alternate timeline versions of them to come into being. Allebmoog was an alternate timeline version of Goombella who had been corrupted by the evil influences of Belasco's limbo, and been granted augmented powers by Belasco's would-be successor N'astirh.

"I ... don't ... believe it!" Goombella exclaimed, staring in shock at her evil double. "What are YOU doing here?"

"I'm here to show everyone that the Limbo Legion and I totally mean business!" Allebmoog proclaimed. "And you know the time-honored way to show people how big and bad you are is to kick a bunch of good guys' butts! So the Limbo Legion and I are gonna do a lot of really gnarly stuff and beat you senseless, and then we'll burn down that X-Mansion for the 4745892343789th time!"

Other figures emerged from the woods. Dani was sure she had not seen any of these beings before, but she still recognized them.

"Those guys aren't the Limbo Legion!" Kitty exclaimed.

"Of course they are!" Allebmoog replied with an evil grin. "It's time for you to meet..."

"The Belasco's Limbo Legion!"

Allebmoog continued. "Y'see, I wanted to be part of Immortus's Limbo Legion with Soundwave and Vandal Savage and the rest, but they, like, never returned my phone calls. After getting totally frustrated, I decided 'hey! Maybe I'll call up my main man N'astirh and get a Limbo Legion of my own!'. Allow me to introduce you to them..."

"Meet the big transforming robot, Pessimus Prime!"

The giant robot resembling a legendary Autobot leader spoke, in a dreary tone that sounded much like Eeyore. "Don't trust the light at the end of the tunnel. It could be an oncoming truck."

Allebmoog continued. "And next we have the world's youngest necromancer, Posi Shelbyville!"

"What's wrong? Where are all those Japanese schoolgirls who worship the ground I walk on?" said the demon-twisted counterpart of Mahora Academy's youngest teacher.

Allebmoog went on. "Next, we have the now totally demonized and even more evil master of Anything Goes Martial Arts, Sadosai!"

The deformed counterpart of the infamous panty thief grinned evilly. "All your panties are belong to us!"

"Huh?" exclaimed Dani, Kitty, Goombella, Allebmoog, and the rest of the 'Legion' in unison.

"Never mind." Allebmoog continued. "And here's the big muscle on our team, the robot dinosaur Cheerful Key!"

"Me Cheerful Key gonna love burning your house down!"

"And last but not least, this team's brilliant lawyer Tuscon Wrong!" Allebmoog noted the strange blue-skinned young man in the strange suit, who merely nodded.

There was a moment of silence, which was quickly broken by Kitty. "You have GOT to be kidding! These guys are your Legion?"

"We're not going to lose to scrubs like them!" Goombella exclaimed.

"Objection!" shouted Tuscon Wrong.

Dani said nothing, eyeing the group cautiously.

Allebmoog laughed. "You'd totally better take us seriously! Get them, guys!"

With that, the strange group of evil counterparts advanced on the three of them.

(continued in the next epilogue segment)

(continuing the clip from Traitor Game 18: Reality Bites)

Chris Lang 07-30-2008 07:11 PM

Dani's Epilogue Part 4: A short fight

Almost instantly, Dani found herself faced with Sadosai, who stared at her lustfully. She suspected, however, that what would probably work on the real Happosai would work on his demonic counterpart from another timeline. She reached into his psyche, and pulled out his hearts' desire.

Instantly, illusions of brassieres and panties appeared before them. Sadosai made a desperate grab for each of them, appearing confused when he passed right through them.

Goombella quickly launched an attack on Allebmoog, while Kitty phased her way past Posi Shelbyville and Tuscon Wrong.

Dani signalled to Kitty, and Kitty leaped between Cheerful Key and the still distracted Sadosai. "You're not so tough!" Kitty taunted. "I bet you can't even breathe fire like the real Grimlock!"

"Oh yeah! Look at THIS!" With that, Cheerful Key exhaled a gout of flame, which passed harmlessly through the phased Kitty Pryde, and set the distracted Sadosai ablaze. Sadosai ran back and forth, screaming in pain, and collided with Posi Shelbyville, who was also set ablaze.

Allebmoog, meanwhile, reeling from Goombella's headbutt, shouted at Pessimus Prime. "Don't just sit there! Do something!"

"Don't pay any attention to me. No one ever does." Pessimus said, continuing to sit on a tree stump.

Dani was suddenly blindsided by Tuscon Wrong. "Take that!" the crazed demonic lawyer exclaimed. Dani easily grabbed him and tossed him aside.

Kitty, meanwhile, phased through Cheerful Key, disrupting his machinery. Cheerful Key's head began spinning around and breathing fire randomly. Kitty leaped toward Dani, grabbed her, and phased. Tuscon Wrong, meanwhile, was set ablaze.

Cheerful Key then accidentally breathed flame on Pessimus Prime, igniting his unused laser cannon. The cannon exploded, and the manic depressive alternate timeline Autobot fell to the ground. Cheerful Key, too, soon collapsed, in a shower of sparks.

Allebmoog looked at her fallen teammates in shock. Shock soon gave way to anger. "I can't believe you guys! You lost to THEM? They're not even all that powerful! You guys are, like, the worst evil counterparts EVER!"

Allebmoog began dousing the flames of those set ablaze. Then, a portal opened up, and the 'Belasco's Limbo Legion' were sucked through it. "Where did N'astirh find you guys anyway?" Allebmoog was saying as they disappeared through the portal. "I could've gone on totally cool missions with that Ava Moore Goblin Queen, but nooo, I had to get stuck with..." The rest of her rant went unheard as the portal closed behind her.

Dani, Kitty, and Goombella paused, to be sure their opponents were gone. "Okay," Dani said. "Where were we?"

"Yeah. It's a totally crazy story." Goombella said, as if that whole fight scene had never happened. "The Rogue Team has us working for them. I, like, give out the info, and Kitty fixes their computers and joins in on the action. But we really can't tell you too much. Some things have to be kept secret, y'know."

"Our leaders said it'd be best that way." Kitty added. "I'd like to bring all the X-Men in on this, but they said no. I don't even know why, but they told me to trust them on this one. And..."

"And?" Dani asked.

"Never mind." Kitty replied. "It's not important. I already told Ororo and Rogue what I've told you. We need you guys to stay around in this dimension in case anything happens. Don't tell any of the others what's really going on. We've said too much already."

A device beeped. "We've really got to go now." Goombella exclaimed. "The guys back at the HQ need us there right now!"

Kitty looked Dani in the eye. "Don't tell anyone about this. Not Peter, not Logan, not anyone. Can I trust you?"

Dani nodded. "You have my word."

With that, Kitty and Goombella vanished in a flash of light.

Dani stood there in silence. She wished there was more she could do to help Kitty and Goombella, and the Rogue Team. However, she realized that her place was with the New Mutants. With the school's future uncertain, they needed a field leader more than ever. And Dani would have to be there for them.

She headed off toward the mansion.

------------------------

And that's the first appearance of Belasco's Limbo Legion, a parody of not just the Limbo Legion, but of characters played by various Traitor Gamers in the Traitor Games (with the exception of Tuscon Wrong, as Phoenix Wright himself has not been played in a Traitor Game).

After that, Allebmoog appeared briefly during the big 'time distortion' battle in Traitor Game 20, but none of the Belasco's Limbo Legion showed up.

Tuscon Wrong showed up during the 'lawyers battle' in Traitor Game 22: Sweet Revenge, where he tormented Laurie Collins by presenting copies of the Kyle and Yost New X-Men (which did not exactly treat her good, but whose events didn't happen in the world that particular Laurie is from). After Laurie told him of how things were different in her world (in that world, M-Day only caused Wolverine to be depowered), Allebmoog came to fetch Tuscon Wrong to help her in the next Traitor Game.

The next Traitor Game was Traitor Game 23: Dangling Ploplines. Goombella recruited some of her friends to help rescue Chairman Kaga, who'd been stranded in the Crime Syndicate's world since Traitor Game 8. However, Allebmoog intercepted her, with the help of a different incarnation of the Belasco's Limbo Legion. Of her followers, only Tuscon Wrong was retained (at the time, it was said that she had fired the others). Pessimus Prime, Posi Shelbyville, Sadosai, and Cheerful Key were replaced by Jimmy Prison, StopStop Yubari, and E. Suburu (warped versions of Johnny Cage, Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill, and E. Honda, respectively). The Belasco's Limbo Legion acted as the jailers for Goombella and her friends while Allebmoog became a player character in Traitor Game 23.

Of course, Goombella and friends escaped and joined in the final battle in Traitor Game 23. Allebmoog would show up here and there, but the Belasco's Limbo Legion as a whole wouldn't show up again until Traitor Game L: Existential Crisis. Here, I combined both incarnations of the Legion so that everyone who'd been a part of the Belasco's Limbo Legion before was a part of this one.

And now, of course, I've killed one of them off. You might think that since most of them are pretty shallow parodies, I could have easily killed almost any of them, but I had some good reasons for killing off the one I did.

spoilers:
    Sadosai was especially problematic, given that he was a demonic version of Happosai. Happosai, for those who don't know, is the perverted Master of Anything Goes Martial Arts from Ranma 1/2. He routinely grabs the breasts of female characters, and steals brassieres and panties from them. It's not unusual for him to be chased by mobs of angered girls who have been groped or had their panties stolen by him.

The problem with Sadosai is that I play the Belasco's Limbo Legion as comedic villains despite each of them being demonically tainted evil alternate timeline versions of established characters. But I couldn't really play up Sadosai's being 'demonic evil' and keep him funny. Logically, a demonic evil version of Happosai would cross lines the regular Happosai would never cross -- and that's not at all funny, and not something I am at all comfortable with. So of course Sadosai did not appear at all after that initial first appearance.

I decided to bring him and the rest of the Belasco's Limbo Legion back, figuring it made more sense for Allebmoog to give those she fired another chance so that her Legion (as pathetic as it is) would be bigger. However, I was stuck with how to write Sadosai comedically, as I already did the meme joke in his first appearance. When I decided to follow up on the whole 'they seek out their regular counterparts' thing and decided to have both Happosai and Sadosai fighting over Laurie ... that's when I knew Sadosai HAD to end up being a casualty of this 'Crisis'. At this point, given all the reasons I stated in the above paragraph, it made more sense to kill him off than it did to NOT kill him off.

I'm not someone who believes in killing off characters lightly. I usually can't bring myself to kill anyone off, in case I might want to use them again. But in Sadosai's case, I felt it was for the best that I kill him off here. His death not only adds drama to the Crisis, but it rids me of a problem character if I ever use the Belasco's Limbo Legion again after this.

Sadosai
    Created: 07-30-2008 07:11 PM
    Died: 09-15-2015, 04:09 PM
    end of spoilers

And that's probably more than you ever wanted to know about the Belasco's Limbo Legion.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 09-20-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Okay, it's about time we revived the Bullpen thread, to discuss the Traitor Games: Past, present, and future.

As I point out in my most recent wrapup posts, we've come a LONG way since the Traitor Games began. A lot has changed since 2006. Facebook, for example, had only just recently kicked MySpace's rear to become the Social Media Champion. But lately, most of our discussions have BEEN on Facebook with experienced players, and that's no way to attract newcomers.

And newcomers are what keep the Traitor Games going. A lot of the veterans don't have as much time on their hands as they used to. And new players help keep the games fresh, as well. So reviving the Bullpen is a good idea.

So as we gradually wrap up Traitor Game L: Existential Crisis (and I'm still waiting on Froggy to contribute more with Clark Sparks and the Wanderers, and clear up whether or not he wants his characters to help Linda with her epilogue), let's re-open the Bullpen and come up with ideas for new Traitor Game scenarios.

And of course, help explain to newcomers what the Games are about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    let's re-open the Bullpen and come up with ideas for new Traitor Game scenarios.
    I think it'd be fun to have another game full of original characters. Though I understand that that might seem daunting to a newcomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I think it'd be fun to have another game full of original characters. Though I understand that that might seem daunting to a newcomer.
    We've only done an all-original characters scenario once, and then not since 2008. We might want to consider another one in the near future. I know a few others have mentioned the possibility.

Yooo I even got one as my avatar!
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Okay, so the Traitor Games have been on hiatus for a while as we rest, and come up with new ideas.

An original characters scenario has been talked about for a while. But now there's talk of a very different sort of 'Traitor Game' scenario, with original characters and a few public domain ones, with more of a 'novel' type structure. It'd have many of the elements of the Traitor Games, but it'd be done differently. Joe Acro and Indigo Al have come up with a few ideas, which they might discuss here or elsewhere.

Anyway, the Bullpen should be open for discussion of the Traitor Games, past, present, and possible future.

I got two or three ideas for characters honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I got two or three ideas for characters honestly
    I generally like to have characters who fit into the scenarios. As the ideas become more solid and it becomes clear what kind of scenario it is, then I'll decide what sort of character to play.

Of course, if this is an OC scenario we're talking about, I'll have to come up with the character's name, backstory, and so on myself.

Here's basically how "Traitor Game: The Novel" works. Everyone creates an original character (possibly more than one, depending on the number of people involved). Al suggested we might also use public domain characters. Together, we come up with a scenario we like. (Me and Al worked on one, but I want this to be collaborative.) Ideally, we could agree/compromise to include the things we think are most essential to a good, interesting, fun game.

I feel like we'd have to forego prologues--jump straight into the story and fill in backstories as we go, either via flashback or conversation. Instead of acting autonomously, if there's something you want your character to do that effects other characters or the setting, you throw your ideas out there and we offer a general sense of approval, possibly helping with the details. Al suggested, and I think this is a good idea, that over the course of the game we visit each of the worlds of the characters involved.

I did write up a draft for the story idea, but I'm willing to modify it:

In the future, a group of scientist experiment with a source of cosmic energy that fell from the stars. They hope to use it to reach those stars--to finally push the boundaries on space travel. But they need to know exactly what kind of energy they're using. If it will be powering man-made flights and handled by human hands, they need to know how to effects man. They start, as scientists always do, with mice. At first, they think the energy is too much, as even small quantities seem to kill the test subjects. But then they test it again. The dead become living. And what these reanimated can do! Using more and more of this energy, the dead gain more and more strength and skill.

One scientist, defying others orders, takes it upon himself to attempt a human trial. He takes a cadaver and creates... the GilgaM.E.S.H., the Made of Energy Super Human that he hopes to be the first super hero--the saving grace for all.

But the scientist is wrong. It becomes readily apparent that GilgaM.E.S.H., who has a simple mind like that of a child, cannot handle the responsibility of saving mankind from itself. He doesn't understand right from wrong, doesn't understand emotion, doesn't understand free will. He cannot differentiate between small crimes and big ones, white lies and betrayals, quarrels and wars, and especially when people don't mean what they say. Mankind is something he doesn't understand. It is not like him. And so he gets to that dangerous point where he decides that since it is different and nonsensical, it must be destroyed.

Thankfully for mankind, an alien group of Universal Protectors arrive. The cosmic energy landed on Earth by accident, a shard of a conflict they had with a powerful spacefaring being. They want to set things right. With their power, and with one among them making a sacrifice for the necessary life force, they banish GilgaM.E.S.H. outside of reality.

...But outside of reality, GilgaM.E.S.H. sees other realms, other universes. He uses his cosmic power to fashion a home for himself, in this space between spaces, using as guidelines the structures of the world he knew and the worlds he now sees. He also sees many feats that are considered heroic, and feats that are considered evil, and some that are considered both depending on who you ask. He decides to continue in his mission, to learn what it takes to truly be a hero, to better understand how humankind thinks. He crafts a game, a game that will pit the participants against each other and against unknown forces, so that he can learn how people react to each other, how they forge relationships, how they justify their actions, in these most extreme of situations.

In a twist to be revealed later in the game, the Universal Protector who sacrificed himself actually lives on deep within gilgaM.E.S.H.'s consciousness and influences the game--primarily by saving those killed from truly being dead.

I'd be down for this, would a duo be okay?

Here's basically how "Traitor Game: The Novel" works. Everyone creates an original character (possibly more than one, depending on the number of people involved). Al suggested we might also use public domain characters. Together, we come up with a scenario we like. (Me and Al worked on one, but I want this to be collaborative.) Ideally, we could agree/compromise to include the things we think are most essential to a good, interesting, fun game.

I feel like we'd have to forego prologues--jump straight into the story and fill in backstories as we go, either via flashback or conversation. Instead of acting autonomously, if there's something you want your character to do that effects other characters or the setting, you throw your ideas out there and we offer a general sense of approval, possibly helping with the details. Al suggested, and I think this is a good idea, that over the course of the game we visit each of the worlds of the characters involved.

I did write up a draft for the story idea, but I'm willing to modify it:

In the future, a group of scientist experiment with a source of cosmic energy that fell from the stars. They hope to use it to reach those stars--to finally push the boundaries on space travel. But they need to know exactly what kind of energy they're using. If it will be powering man-made flights and handled by human hands, they need to know how to effects man. They start, as scientists always do, with mice. At first, they think the energy is too much, as even small quantities seem to kill the test subjects. But then they test it again. The dead become living. And what these reanimated can do! Using more and more of this energy, the dead gain more and more strength and skill.

One scientist, defying others orders, takes it upon himself to attempt a human trial. He takes a cadaver and creates... the GilgaM.E.S.H., the Made of Energy Super Human that he hopes to be the first super hero--the saving grace for all.

But the scientist is wrong. It becomes readily apparent that GilgaM.E.S.H., who has a simple mind like that of a child, cannot handle the responsibility of saving mankind from itself. He doesn't understand right from wrong, doesn't understand emotion, doesn't understand free will. He cannot differentiate between small crimes and big ones, white lies and betrayals, quarrels and wars, and especially when people don't mean what they say. Mankind is something he doesn't understand. It is not like him. And so he gets to that dangerous point where he decides that since it is different and nonsensical, it must be destroyed.

Thankfully for mankind, an alien group of Universal Protectors arrive. The cosmic energy landed on Earth by accident, a shard of a conflict they had with a powerful spacefaring being. They want to set things right. With their power, and with one among them making a sacrifice for the necessary life force, they banish GilgaM.E.S.H. outside of reality.

...But outside of reality, GilgaM.E.S.H. sees other realms, other universes. He uses his cosmic power to fashion a home for himself, in this space between spaces, using as guidelines the structures of the world he knew and the worlds he now sees. He also sees many feats that are considered heroic, and feats that are considered evil, and some that are considered both depending on who you ask. He decides to continue in his mission, to learn what it takes to truly be a hero, to better understand how humankind thinks. He crafts a game, a game that will pit the participants against each other and against unknown forces, so that he can learn how people react to each other, how they forge relationships, how they justify their actions, in these most extreme of situations.

In a twist to be revealed later in the game, the Universal Protector who sacrificed himself actually lives on deep within gilgaM.E.S.H.'s consciousness and influences the game--primarily by saving those killed from truly being dead.
    Interesting premise. Hopefully we can find a good way to pull it off.

Of course, I'm wondering what sort of character I'd play. An investigator of some sort seems tempting, but last time we did an OC scenario I played a cop turned SHIELD agent, so I might want to go with something different this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I'd be down for this, would a duo be okay?
    I don't see why not. Do we count them as one unit? Like, if they get chosen to be a Traitor, is it both, or only one?