Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Okay, this isn't exactly Throwback Thursday, but I figured I ought to explain things about the Belasco's Limbo Legion to those who weren't there before.

In Years One and Two, starting with Traitor Games eight and nine, Immortus recruited Soundwave and Vandal Savage to be the first members of his Limbo Legion, along with Omniwave (a future version of Soundwave). They would later recruit Bizarro, Mr. Bones, a warped version of Iron Man, and a brainwashed Sif. They were part of an ongoing subplot.

To combat them, the Rogue Watcher recruited (in addition to his nephew Donald) Darkwing Duck, Thorpool, Grimlock, Kitty Pryde, Goombella, Captain America, and Ares as part of the Rogue Team (later Rogue Avengers). The recruitment for both teams occurred at the end of several games. Eventually, this led to Traitor Game 20: Challenge of the Limbo Legion.

But along the way, there came Allebmoog. Allebmoog was an alternate timeline counterpart of Goombella from Belasco's Limbo. Allebmoog, unlike Goombella, took a wrong turn and got demonically influenced and turned evil. She first appeared in Traitor Game 8, re-appeared in Traitor Game 12, and applied for membership in the Limbo Legion during the First Annual Traitor Game Awards Show. However, they never called her back.

So of course, Allebmoog decided to form a Legion of her own. What follows is the first appearance of this other 'legion', from Danielle Moonstar's epilogue in Traitor Game 18: Reality Bites.

Chris Lang 07-30-2008 07:08 PM

Danielle Moonstar Epilogue Part 2: Surprise Guests

Danielle Moonstar Epilogue Part 2

Danielle Moonstar materialized near the woods behind Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. The stars shone above from a clear, late night sky.

Right where I was before I was taken to the Traitor Game, she mused to herself.

And she was not alone. Emerging from the mansion and approaching her were two figures she recognized.

One was Kitty Pryde, previously the youngest member of the X-Men and currently with the England-based Excalibur. Since the X-Men had returned, Kitty occasionally re-visited the mansion so her presence here was not entirely unexpected.

The other was someone Dani had only met through the Traitor Games. It was Goombella, the Goomba advisor some video gamers probably knew from the Paper Mario games. What is SHE doing here?, Dani thought to herself.

Kitty and Goombella both looked surprised to see Dani. "Dani?" Kitty asked. "Where have you been? The others have been looking for you all day!"

"Traitor Game." Dani replied. "What are you doing here?"

"We're gathering supplies, and information." Kitty said. "We need them for this secret mission."

"We're trying to catch those Limbo Legion guys." Goombella added. "We found out they're about to do something really gnarly. If this Book of Destiny is right, the Traitor Games might be all that stands in their way. I know, that sounds totally crazy, but it's what Destiny wrote in her book."

Dani tried to take in what they were saying. "Slow down, start from the beginning. What's this secret mission?"

"The Rogue Watcher's been recruiting a bunch of people to help track down and defeat the Limbo Legion." Kitty replied. "Remember when Goombella and I stayed behind to help out after the end of that Traitor Game in the Batcave? We got caught in the middle of a confrontation between them and the Limbo Legion, and they asked us to join them."

"It's a totally crazy story, and I don't think we can give you all the details but..."

Goombella was interrupted by an unexpected voice.

"Why are you losers, like, standing around chatting, when you COULD be involved in a totally gratuitous action sequence?" the voice proclaimed. "It's about time you actually met the Legion, y'know?"

All three of them turned to face the source of the voice. Dani could not believe what she was seeing.

"You?!?" Goombella exclaimed.

(To be continued in the next epilogue segment)

---
    (continued next post)
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 09-20-2015 at 07:08 PM.