Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1124

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Alright folks. Game's over. There will be a special epilogue later. And anyone that wants to interact with the NPC's can still do so. But all important plot points finished. I'd suggest you write your epilogues if you plan on doing that. And thanks too everyone who participated.
    I pretty much know what the last line of my epilogue is going to be (much like another player who played Pinky and the Brain a few years ago). I'm just waiting to see what the other players do before doing my epilogue.

Not sure if he's right. But it does seem fairly relevant to the upcoming game Jeremi is going to be hosting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_2O...7509C9&index=4
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

Makes sense to me. He did legit almost die after making melee

Every now and then, we make reference jokes in the Traitor Games. And sometimes, no one seems to notice. Maybe it's because the reference is a bit too obscure.

For example, you might refer to a specific episode of a television series (as opposed to the series' characters or setting in general), as I did in this post waay back in 'Custom Made for Calamity' (the first and so far only all-Original Characters Traitor Game we've done).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEgo
    "Well alright my fine furry friend," SuperEgo said as all the Spolps turned into SpolpEgos. "Deadpooligan, we are banishing Bennett Steele!"
    Terry and his Agent of Spolp (aka 'Terri Spolplin') observed the situation. "Looks like we've got enough. Not that he wasn't going to be voted out anyway." Terry commented.

"Spolp! Spolp! He bad! Very bad!" chimed in the Agent of Spolp.

"You got that right." Terry commented. "But he'll pay. All that's missing is an angry mob and a spirited gospel-sounding rendition of 'No Hiding Place Down Here'."

OOC: If I were in charge, I'd be awarding prizes to anyone who gets that reference. :smile:
    No one got the reference, alas. Probably for the reasons I just mentioned. In any case, that came from a situation where we'd pretty much found out the last Traitor's identity (but he'd used the 'Spolp' game mechanic to gain immunity in the previous round and avoid being voted off), in case you were wondering about the context.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 03-06-2015 at 02:11 PM.

I make obscure pop culture references all that people never seem to get. Especially with John Crichton.
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

I make obscure pop culture references all that people never seem to get. Especially with John Crichton.
    I'm not familiar with John Crichton, though I sometimes wonder if an ex-cop turned SHIELD agent (such as Terry) would have enough time on their hands to watch enough 90's sci-fi series to make references to a specific episode of one (such as in the scene quoted above). Though I'm sure it's possible, so I didn't think it was too wrong to have my OC make the reference in that context.

The show in question was pretty popular in its day, often considered 'the darker and edgier and more morally ambiguous alternative to Star Trek with a series-long story/character arc', but nowadays I don't find many people talking about it much. I think I kind of knew the reference was obscure when I posted it, hence my OOC line at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I'm not familiar with John Crichton, though I sometimes wonder if an ex-cop turned SHIELD agent (such as Terry) would have enough time on their hands to watch enough 90's sci-fi series to make references to a specific episode of one (such as in the scene quoted above). Though I'm sure it's possible, so I didn't think it was too wrong to have my OC make the reference in that context.

The show in question was pretty popular in its day, often considered 'the darker and edgier and more morally ambiguous alternative to Star Trek with a series-long story/character arc', but nowadays I don't find many people talking about it much. I think I kind of knew the reference was obscure when I posted it, hence my OOC line at the end.
    Which line? Traitormania was a bad time for me with the internet. I had to catch up on a lot of posts with my phone (which means I missed a lot of stuff).

Which line? Traitormania was a bad time for me with the internet. I had to catch up on a lot of posts with my phone (which means I missed a lot of stuff).
    I was referring to the line "OOC: If I were in charge, I'd be awarding prizes to anyone who gets that reference. :smile:", in the post I quoted above.

And no one DID say they got the reference. I suppose it WAS too obscure.

Of course, my changing my avatar to Lia Nelson, the 'Tangent' Flash with the slogan 'Let's light it up' is a deliberate reference to AJ Lee's entrance music (which, taken literally, suits Lia Nelson and her light-based powers).

As far as the sequel to Traitormania goes (sequel in the sense that it was a sequel to the Bray Wyatt story in 'Traitormania'), there were times when I wasn't active all that much, either. But I ended up being more active in the endgame.

(though I still have to fill in those reserves for the wrapup of the 'framing story' with Shannon Ford and Terry Franklin).

I'm probably only going to be somewhat active in the Smash Bros. game. I'm so much an outsider with Nintendo games I'll just be like

the whole game.

Okay guys. Why was there no announcement that the sign-ups were up? Let alone the game? I've just been waiting here for someone to say something in the bullpen like is custom.

Okay guys. Why was there no announcement that the sign-ups were up? Let alone the game? I've just been waiting here for someone to say something in the bullpen like is custom.
    Because the bullpen was three pages back and the actual sign-up thread was on the front page for the entire week?

If you still want to join you can go right ahead btw, it's only the first round after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Because the bullpen was three pages back and the actual sign-up thread was on the front page for the entire week?

If you still want to join you can go right ahead btw, it's only the first round after all.
    Not everyone accesses the Bullpen by going to the Community Forum page. Some access it from the Advanced Search function, or through their list of subscribed threads. So I think it's important to link to the signups within the Bullpen thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Not everyone accesses the Bullpen by going to the Community Forum page. Some access it from the Advanced Search function, or through their list of subscribed threads. So I think it's important to link to the signups within the Bullpen thread.
    Duly noted, but if someone was curious to see if sign-ups was going on I'd imagine they'd come to check in the Community forum proper as well.

I figure I should post this here since it's an idea I have for the current TG regarding rounds and such.

Those that played in Restless in Rapture might remember that I had big updates and vote updates, which I was thinking of incorporating into this TG as well.

Basically what that means is that when the majority of the group (say 60-70%) have voted there's a vote update that reveals if they've caught a traitor or not and when a kill is done.

A big update is when the group switch between locations. Though that's not to say a voting update can't happen at the same time as a big update but this would allow for a bit more exploration in the locations and not feel like I'm pushing people along on rail to the next place.

Classes and stuff have ended for the next month so I will try to be more active and GM more to make it more inclusive for everyone. Obviously this isn't a one way street since I can't GM with out a semi active group, so if you find an opportunity to post no matter how little it is I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Also anyone that has a role could you please clear up your PM box so that messages can be received?

Thanks in advance.