Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I'm one of those who never played before, and though I don't have experience with the other games to compare, it has been easy to get playing and quite fun (except for the part where I/Emma get killed by botox! )

If the success of an introduction is based upon whether the new entries would play again... for me I would say it's a success.
    POISONOUS botox! Plus Deadpool spit in it, so that just makes it even deadlier! But I'm glad you're enjoying the overall game and even more glad you'll stick around for the next games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    \On another note, the current Traitor Game is a great introduction for those who've never played before. And unravelling the events that led to the current Battleworld has been interesting, and it seems that the Battleworld subplot is spilling over into the main story. I'll try my best to keep up, but I'm going to be moving this weekend, which means I may be a few days without Internet connection. Just wanted to let you know.
    Yup, it looks like things are starting to overlap. Wonder what's up with that?
    GLORIOUS!

Didn't find my old pitch, so decided to write it up from scratch.

TG – Bloodsport edition

One day you find something in your mail. It’s an invitation to a fighting tournament located some place called Madripoor. Once you arrive where the invitation has sent you realize how big this truly was. Fighters from all around the multiverse have been gathered to crown the strongest of all worlds. Hosted by the enigmatic Mister X your whims are catered to and a luxurious hotel right next to the fighting arena with everything you could ever imagine at your disposal. During the preliminaries however one of the contestants is found brutally beaten to an inch of their life. They quickly realize that among the contestants are individuals aiming to ruin it at all costs. Mister X decided that this should be investigated from within and allow the contestants to try and find the traitors in their midst. Who would seek to disrupt this tournament…and why?

Character requirements – Character has to be a fighter of some sort. Fighting game characters greatly encouraged, might have an insentive.

Roles: Possibly three traitors, two agents and a vigilante.

Mechanics: Since it’s a fighting tournament, there’s going to be a tournament, but haven’t really decided how to work it in since I think a coin flip robs away from the system a bit, though not sure how to make it fair otherwise or un power game-y.
    Any thoughts? Questions regarding it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    TG – Bloodsport edition
    Soundtrack provided by Stan Bush.
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Didn't find my old pitch, so decided to write it up from scratch.

Any thoughts? Questions regarding it?
    The traitor game is all about voting, right? Every player NOT in that match votes for the matches. The closer the vote, the more meaty the match has to be written up, Maybe give extra OTHER votes to people who are good at picking winners, or who win a round. (or maybe another bene like an extra vote change)

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    POISONOUS botox! Plus Deadpool spit in it, so that just makes it even deadlier! But I'm glad you're enjoying the overall game and even more glad you'll stick around for the next games.
    Emma might spit back at him

I know there's still a game still playing at the moment, but I thought I'd ask when's the next one probably going to take place?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    I know there's still a game still playing at the moment, but I thought I'd ask when's the next one probably going to take place?
    In the past.

Because it's probably going to be Froggy's Western game.

But seriously, though, we've still got two Traitors to locate, so assuming all goes well, the game will probably go for another 2 weeks, then a week or two of downtime as we re-energize and sort out what the next game will be for certain. Mid-End of July?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    But seriously, though, we've still got two Traitors to locate, so assuming all goes well, the game will probably go for another 2 weeks, then a week or two of downtime as we re-energize and sort out what the next game will be for certain. Mid-End of July?
    Sounds about right. In the meantime, I hope you're enjoying the game Wedge (if you've been keeping up). Again, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask it here.
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "yeahhhh, not today, not ever!" is all I'd say before removing my visor, the room covered in a red light as I let my optic beams go full force to pin the thing down, shooting it up towards the lights on the roof to burn it against my beams

Fun fact: Cyclops reacts the same way when the IRS comes by.
    GLORIOUS!

Incredible Member

Fun fact: Cyclops reacts the same way when the IRS comes by.
    And when he gets overly stimulated. O.o

Or when those kids dont stay off his lawn
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    In the past.

Because it's probably going to be Froggy's Western game.

Thanks! It looks like I should be able to participate on a reasonably regular basis on that timeframe.

Sounds about right. In the meantime, I hope you're enjoying the game Wedge (if you've been keeping up). Again, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask it here.
    Thanks again, I've been following along on the current game when I can. I kind of got the hang of it so hopefully when I start as a newbie I can put those observations to actual use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post

Thanks again, I've been following along on the current game when I can. I kind of got the hang of it so hopefully when I start as a newbie I can put those observations to actual use.
    I played without any experience or observing previous games, so you should be good!

A proposal idea:

The place is Eternal Springs, a quaint town in the country. You've lived here as long as you can remember. The population is small, but everyone has their own job to do. You know all the faces. You thought you knew all their secrets.

You wake up. You do your normal routine. Around noon, you, like everyone else in town, receives a notice. The mayor is holding an emergency town meeting. Death struck the town last night, in the most horrific of manner. A shadow of danger hangs over the town. You must unite with your fellow townsfolk to root out those responsible before they kill again. And again. But you can't shake the feeling this isn't you, this isn't your town, and this isn't your life...

Traitor Game Q: Eternal Springs.

Basically, you pick whoever you like, they're made to believe they're living a different life, and a Traitor Game ensues wherein everyone has a role. Each round, people regain more and more of their memories.

For those that were there, it's kinda like Traitor Game XXX, but if Traitor Game XXX had been a Traitor Game.

I have a difficult time imagining how your idea would work. The game host would reveal information about the players, to the players?