Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: She-Hulk, #11

In "She-Hulk" #11 by Charles Soule and Javier Pulido, Titania breaks into She-Hulk's and moves their epic rematch into the Palisades, where an unforeseen intervention both rescues Jennifer and gives her crucial insight into the Blue File.

Full review here.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

The fight with Titania was pointless but at least they finally found out who's the mastermind.

What a great issue. Titania AND Volcana! When was the last time Volcana appeared... though she did seem a little more villainy than I remember her. Getting to the meat of the series now. Too bad it's ending, it really is the best thing Marvel has going right now.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    What a great issue. Titania AND Volcana! When was the last time Volcana appeared... though she did seem a little more villainy than I remember her. Getting to the meat of the series now. Too bad it's ending, it really is the best thing Marvel has going right now.
    There are times when you have to be "that guy", and this is mine: yeah, Volcana was way, WAY out of character in this. The role she played would've been better off filled by Absorbing Man, or some other established villain who could .

I may have to take some of the blame here, because I tweeted at Soule last year after he did this interview, and I basically said, hey, why not use Volcana in your Titania story? He favorited my tweet, and well, here we are. I had assumed that he had a handle on what is fun/unique about Volcana, namely that she's a villain's NICE friend (and Molecule Man's ex) who just happened to get caught up with the villains in Secret Wars. In most of her post-SW appearances, she hasn't been a generic supervillain at all, let alone someone who would try to incinerate Patsy Walker; she's saved people from getting killed by Moonstone, she thought it was really f**ked up when MM was going to kill Klaw, etc. This is a nice writeup of her character through '91. There was one dodgy moment during that Avengers Unplugged issue, but that was kind of a silly story where everyone was a little OOC. Ugh, she would've been better off remaining in comics limbo than being mishandled like this (I think this is her first non-flashback appearance since the '90s).

Amazing Member

This will be remembered as a marvelous take on She-Hulk. As we have all learned of late, great comics (Guardians of the Galaxy) can become great movies. I've held on to my copies of GOTG as an investment, and I plan to hold on to my copies of this version of She-Hulk, especially the issues I got signed by Mr. Soule.

BANNED

The good die young. This series is AWESOME.