Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Forget the "Revolution." Emma Frost Needs a Job.

Today I had a meeting at the Ontario Securities Commission, and wore a pinstripe suit to it. I felt that I looked damn good. Strong. Professional. Competent. And then I thought of what a pathetic failure Emma Frost has become. I thought of how terrible Bendis's rendition of her is, and what a surprise that had been to me when his run began. Of all the characters I thought he'd excel at, I thought it would be Emma. He proved himself on her during House of M.

And it's because she had some pride in herself. Some confidence. She had a job, and she looked damn good.

None of this trying to "empower" herself while wearing cheap looking lingerie or strutting around in the SS Frederick's of Hollywood getup she's wearing now. Magik can dress like a BDSM SS officer and get away with it because she's just a silly damaged kid with abuse issues.

Emma Frost is supposedly a grown woman. And she needs to go out and get a job and find her missing sense of self-worth.

BANNED

Someone needs to tell her that's not how most job interviews go.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

BANNED

She should not be playing second fiddle to Goldballs, Benjamin and Tempus.

She can start by leaving Bendis for good. He's like the emotionally abusive boyfriend that keeps her down by telling her she'll never amount to anything and no one else will ever love her.

She needs to find someone that will love her for the strong, independent woman that she is and write her accordingly. I want the image in the OP to be her new official outfit.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Emma's had several jobs over the years. A nose job, a dye job, a boob job, et cetera...

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    That's the third time I saw that pose and one of them was from FF. Is that the go to funny pose for Marvel?

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I really doubt any 50 year olds sleep like that

She should stay away from Bendis, who seems to gradually ruin her with marginalizing her terribly for years.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Agree with OP

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

HYDRA would hire her in a heartbeat.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

For some reason in the corner of my eye I read the title as "Forget the Revolution: Emma Frost Needs a Nose Job." This sort of thing happens to me a lot on here. I think CBR is causing dimentia.

I agree that Emma needs a new character directive. She seems to be wallpaper now.

As long as they don't make her a villain again I'm happy to see a new look and personality. We don't need another complex three dimensional character. Given the Mystique treatment imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

Back to basics. Prostitution (or at least making men think they're getting what they want) obviously got Emma places in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post

Uhm ... Okay, I love that art. Kind of pose you wish to wake up to find the GF in the morning with. But I guess to some of you its for all the wrong reasons right? IDK... I don't care. I am unashamed.

Anyway, Emma has a err... history. She has more in common with some one that could live at the Playboy Mansion rather than be found working Wallstreet (in a respectable fashion anyway.) I can sympathize, but frankly I am not sure you should be looking at her as a role model but rather as a super heroine in a comic book. These characters aren't meant to represent real life or paint some picture of success, they are meant to be of interest on the page and entertaining. Good, respectable, people often people fail at both. You could accuse her stint in education as an attempt at going out and getting a real job but... Well, she might have ended up in jail considering. Sometimes a character on screen can do a good job of representing who not to be too.

You want a role model? Fine, look around in real life. From the sounds of it you might be a good role model for some needing kid. But these comics are just fun B-like film entertainment and not a good source for life planning.

Yeah, I find Emma entertaining. For all the wrong reasons I guess. lol. I am a good person anyway. Forgive me.
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 12-30-2014 at 01:36 AM.