Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I honestly dont know what they're thinking by making this character live in the wilderness of Manitoba, where, with Marvel time, it's going to be winter forever.
    The 5 year plot with Matt Fraction and Kieron Gillen of Cyclops taking her for granted was dropped when Bendis took over. She was terribly annoyed about having to live on a rock in the Nation X issues. And thought Utopia was dumb that it painted a giant target on their backs but still funded Cyclops ideas because she genuinely loved him. While to Cyclops the mission was everything. He cared about Emma just not as much as she cared about him. And she paid the price in AvX even though her idea in the earlier issues was to give Hope the choice rather then forcibly take her off the planet (Steve Rogers) or make her feel obliged to take the Phoenix (Cyclops).

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-30-2014 at 09:07 AM.

No one knew that Emma had Wakanda destroyed, and they still don't. Cyclops is the one who got her caught in the first place.
    But they sure as hell know about all the stuff she did to the Avengers, like burning and almost killing Hawkeye (AvX 7), or stuff like going into a murder spree, with stuff that would get reported to the police, like murdering a man in front of his family (AvX 9) and as much as you like ignoring canon, even Emma says that she is losing control of her actions in AvX 9, when only Namor had been defeated, when Scott "attacks" Emma in AvX 11 he is not even seen at first, it's directly the Phoenix who is attacking Emma

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    But they sure as hell know about all the stuff she did to the Avengers, like burning and almost killing Hawkeye (AvX 7), or stuff like going into a murder spree, with stuff that would get reported to the police, like murdering a man in front of his family (AvX 9) and as much as you like ignoring canon, even Emma says that she is losing control of her actions in AvX 9, when only Namor had been defeated, when Scott "attacks" Emma in AvX 11 he is not even seen at first, it's directly the Phoenix who is attacking Emma
    If Frost wanted Hawkeye dead he would have been dead. The Avengers are also aware of what Hawkeye did.

And Uncanny X-Men expands on why Cyclops used such a violent manner to take the Phoenix from her. And despite what some idiot on this forum might tell you, it is not the safest way to disarm someone. As the person might go into bronchospasm like the case earlier on this year.

Frost also had the opportunity to turn off every one of the Avengers minds and kill them but didn't.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-30-2014 at 09:32 AM.

BANNED

i never said she wasn't losing control. I said that Cyclops got them caught.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    If Frost wanted Hawkeye dead he would have been dead. The Avengers are also aware of what Hawkeye did.
    And I don't doubt that, she even mentions it, that's even one of the first scens that show that they are losing control of the Phoenix, I was just mentioning why her being in jail is not because of Cyclops

And Uncanny X-Men expands on why Cyclops used such a violent manner to take the Phoenix from her. And despite what some idiot on this forum might tell you, it is not the safest way to disarm someone. As the person might go into bronchospasm like the case earlier on this year.
    That scene also shows that neither Scott nor Emma were in control anymore, Emma even wanted to destroy the Earth, and we can all agree that Emma doesn't want that

Frost also had the opportunity to turn off every one of the Avengers minds and kill them but didn't.[/img]
    Everyone of the P5 had that opportunitty, because they all had TK/TP, they just didn't do that because of reasons (?), the damn thing was written horribly

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Sorry, but Magik is not a feminist icon like Storm or Emma.
    I respectfully disagree my 32 year old sister has been claiming her to be the most introresting and empowering girl superhero fo 20 years and I can see it 2.

But back on track with thread. I'm all for a return to Frost Corp she could take on Stark,Aim Sunspot,Selene,SHIELD Setinals, business and a kick ass team of Firestar,Penance,Warpath,Surge,Empath,Cookos,Magma . If she has to have a romantic intrest during these adventures I choose Namor over Scott for her.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 12-30-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Lawl. Wakandan women might have something to say about Emma Frost's peculiar brand of feminism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Lawl. Wakandan women might have something to say about Emma Frost's peculiar brand of feminism.
    Emma did what she had to do to release the cure for breast cancer. Without Vibranium, they have to sell something to be able to afford to rebuild.

Emma did what she had to do to release the cure for breast cancer.
    Scan of Emma giving a damn about that particular plot point, please. Heck, I'm still waiting for a scan hinting at Emma giving a damn about Transonic in the wake of the attack on Wakanda, lol.

BANNED

Scan of Emma giving a damn about that particular plot point, please. Heck, I'm still waiting for a scan hinting at Emma giving a damn about Transonic in the wake of the attack on Wakanda, lol.
    I don't have a scan. But I don't have scans of Emma pooping, and, nevertheless, I know she does it.

We've had panels devoted to Emma whining about prison fashion. And yet absolutely nothing on the "What about those other women I got senselessly killed?" front. It looks bad.

BANNED

Yes, she needs to get off her lazy bum and get a new job.

This painting nails, striking a pose or comforting Cyclops is reflecting badly on her vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I really doubt any 50 year olds sleep like that
    Is that a hint of ageism?

Emma is actually the anti-Claremazon.
    Correct.

Which is why Claremont hates her so much despite creating her. She's like Atum but for Claremazons.
    No, he doesn't. She's his favourite creation.

BANNED

We've had panels devoted to Emma whining about prison fashion. And yet absolutely nothing on the "What about those other women I got senselessly killed?" front. It looks bad.
    No, we didn't have panels of whining about prison fashion. Just one panel of commenting prison fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    No, we didn't have panels of whining about prison fashion. Just one panel of commenting prison fashion.
    Emma brought up her stint in jail and fashion ordeal as a mean to convey how much she'd been dragged down like no one else. Treating the two panels as thematically distinct entities just didn't feel right. *shrugs*

Still nothing on the "What about those other women I got senselessly killed?" front.

BANNED

Emma brought up her stint in jail and fashion ordeal as a mean to convey how much she'd been dragged down like no one else. Treating the two panels as thematically distinct entities just didn't feel right. *shrugs*

Still nothing on the "What about those other women I got senselessly killed?" front.
    What's your point? That she does bad things to women? So what? That's what businesswomen sometimes have to do.