Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Emma brought up her stint in jail and fashion ordeal as a mean to convey how much she'd been dragged down like no one else. Treating the two panels as thematically distinct entities just didn't feel right. *shrugs*

Still nothing on the "What about those other women I got senselessly killed?" front.
    She killed her sister in order to protect her students. Is there other woman she senselessly killed?

As for panel, I only have this one.

Where's the other one?

BANNED

I'm glad she killed those people. Next.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    She killed her sister in order to protect her students. Is there other woman she senselessly killed?
    Who said anything about the other women she senselessly killed herself?

Where's the other one?
    I just told you. The next panel is about how she's been dragged down like no one else. The prison fashion whining is all about set-up.

Imagine if you had a character whining about his/her powers and then saying FML in the next panel. You'd say these two panels were part of the same train of thought, right?

BANNED

Who wouldn't complain about prison clothes?

I just told you. The next panel is about how she's been dragged down like no one else. The prison fashion whining is all about set-up.

Imagine if you had a character whining about his/her powers and then saying FML in the next panel. You'd say these two panels were part of the same train of thought, right?
    No, it's not. It's a reference to continuity in Generation X. Let me go look for the issue. And it's true she has been dragged down.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-30-2014 at 12:24 PM.

BANNED

Orange is the new black.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No, it's not. It's a reference to continuity in Generation X. Let me go look for the issue. And it's true she has been dragged down.
    I can't help but be somewhat skeptical. Gillen couldn't even properly reference his own continuity. Emma didn't wear heels during UXM #9. She flat out tells Namor so.

I get that both scenes are about Emma being selfish and full of it, but that's kind of the point. Emma is selfish and full of it. Let's not turn it into something more.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 12-30-2014 at 12:34 PM.

BANNED

I can't help but be somewhat skeptical. Gillen couldn't even properly reference his own continuity. Emma didn't wear heels during UXM #9. She flat out tells Namor so.
    It's probably artist's fault that she didn't wear heels and Gillen didn't revision the issue before print.

I get that both scenes are about Emma being selfish and full of it, but that's kind of the point. Emma is selfish and full of it. Let's not turn it into something more.
    It was a storyline since Matt Fractions SFX of Cyclops taking Emma Frost for granted. Gillen actually had an idea of what he might have done if given a third year. Bendis just dropped that storyline.

BTW I've never been without heels = I've never not had access to heels, not I've never not worn heels. There is no continuity error there, she was still recovering from having her arm chopped off.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-30-2014 at 12:56 PM.

It's probably artist's fault that she didn't wear heels and Gillen didn't revision the issue before print.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    BTW I've never been without heels = I've never not had access to heels, not I've never not worn heels.
    Relax. I'm playing the fashion whining card for the lulz. Emma obviously cared more about pretending to be royalty than shoes.

The overall point is that Emma got a bunch of civilians killed so she could feel better about herself and haven't expressed much of a desire to make up for it. Sure, she's currently getting screwed over because Bendis isn't Kitty-fying her a la Jeen/Magik, but she's no martyr.

BANNED

Relax. I'm playing the fashion whining card for the lulz. Emma obviously cared more about pretending to be royalty than shoes.

The overall point is that Emma got a bunch of civilians killed so she could feel better about herself and haven't expressed much of a desire to make up for it. Sure, she's currently getting screwed over because Bendis isn't Kitty-fying her a la Jeen/Magik, but she's no martyr.
    It's not his job to punish/redeem Emma. She didn't do anything objectionable. His job is to advance her story, which he's not doing. Give her to another author.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    His job is to advance her story, which he's not doing.
    Out of morbid curiosity, how many x-characters' stories have significantly advanced in other books? Sure, we've got status quo changes (say, Bishop, Nightcrawler and HopeNet) and the odd character beat, but pretty much every single x-character is roughly the same heroic d-bag he/she used to be not so long ago.

Off the top of my head, the only name I can come up with is Legion and Inverted!Havok, really.

Give her to another author.
    Fair enough. The longer she stays, the bigger there's a chance of Bendis Kitty-fying her for the lulz anyway.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 12-30-2014 at 02:19 PM.

BANNED

Out of morbid curiosity, how many x-characters' stories have significantly advanced in other books? Sure, we've got status quo changes (say, Bishop, Nightcrawler and HopeNet) and the odd character beat, but pretty much every single x-character is roughly the same heroic d-bag he/she was back in late 2012.

Off the top of my head, the only name I can come up with is Legion and Inverted!Havok, really.

Fair enough. The longer she stays, the bigger there's a chance of Bendis Kitty-fying her for the lulz anyway.
    There are only four X-Men cast members in Uncanny, and two get development. Magik and Cyclops. Magneto has his own series. Then there's unneccessary focus on extras like Eva, Maria Hill and Dazzler.

There are only four X-Men cast members in Uncanny, and two get development. Magik and Cyclops. Magneto has his own series. Then there's unneccessary focus on extras like Eva, Maria Hill and Dazzler.
    Not quite sure what this has to do with other x-characters being given plenty of panel time in other books and yet their stories going nowhere. If we're going by the standards set by the rest of the x-line, Emma becoming a Jeen cheerleader is actual character development.

That being said, Hill getting so much panel time/dialogue is indeed all kinds of hilarious. Someone totally needs to make a count.