Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No way to contact admins

I cannot even recreate an icon and there is no link to contact an admin that actually functions anywhere. This is absolutely ridiculous. Those of us who spent time and energy creating real threads and had on going "civil" discourse should NOT be punished for the actions of a few vile creeps.

There's a questions/requests forum, and you can PM any admin as you would any poster.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    There's a questions/requests forum, and you can PM any admin as you would any poster.
    Who are the admins?

There's a "Report Post" button (the little triangle with an exclamation point) next to each post, under the poster's username. There's also a list of moderators and administrators here, although we're not fully staffed, yet. And if you just need a general point of contact, e-mail community@comicbookresources.com and all the admins will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Who are the admins?

The people with green names, and three of them are on-line as of this posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    There's a "Report Post" button (the little triangle with an exclamation point) next to each post, under the poster's username. There's also a list of moderators and administrators here, although we're not fully staffed, yet. And if you just need a general point of contact, e-mail community@comicbookresources.com and all the admins will see it.
    And if someone wanted to see how he could become a mod?

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    And if someone wanted to see how he could become a mod?
    Send us an e-mail telling us why you'd want to be a mod and what you'd bring to the table. We're still working out how we want to fill our vacancies, so I can't promise we'll get back to you right away, but we're happy to take any interested parties into consideration.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

We should make one huge thread for the bad stuff and question with the wipe and one for the good stuff said about the wipe. It would be easier that way.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Send us an e-mail telling us why you'd want to be a mod and what you'd bring to the table. We're still working out how we want to fill our vacancies, so I can't promise we'll get back to you right away, but we're happy to take any interested parties into consideration.
    Thanks I'll start thinking of what to say.

BANNED

I sent an Admin message when I was unable to log in, before I realized what had happened. I feel silly now. I won't be able to get my Silent Bob with a holy putter avatar back up until the weekend...I feel naked posting without it.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Send us an e-mail telling us why you'd want to be a mod and what you'd bring to the table.
    The words "rule my Fiefdom with an Adamantium Fist" come to mind.

Which is probably why I'm not going to be invited to join the mods any time soon.

Or maybe I will, if that's what the bosses want.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Moderating is a tuff gig. Even if you consider CBR to be your "home" website, the place you hang your internet stuff, moderating isn't a badge or award you push for because you think it might be fun. It's not just for the people who are on all the time. I found after becoming a moderator here, I was less likely to be able to participate in any of the debate threads without being accused of bias or taking sides, and eventually spent more time in PMs to people complaining than I did posting. It was when I realised that that I finally pulled back and surrendered the several boards I was modding to other people, and went into lurk status.

It's been a few years now since I posted with any regularity. I'll check the reboot place out and see what it starts turning into.

Quote Originally Posted by OzBat! View Post
    It's been a few years now since I posted with any regularity. I'll check the reboot place out and see what it starts turning into.
    LOL. . exactly my take on it too 'Bat!

good to see you here as well

Berrrrrrrrrrt! Yay!

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

The MunchKING brings back memories:

The words "rule my Fiefdom with an Adamantium Fist" come to mind.

Which is probably why I'm not going to be invited to join the mods any time soon.

Or maybe I will, if that's what the bosses want.
    When I modded Alvaro's Avengers board, I got to be the Iron Fist. I had a co-mod to play Velvet Glove. I just came in to put the hammer down ("Uh-oh, 'Dad's' pissed!").
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)