Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Default What's your favorite single issue or story of Wonder Woman?

Alright, what is your favorite single issue (or OGN) of Wonder Woman and/or your favorite storyline featuring Wonder Woman. It can be from one of her series', or it can be from another series that features Wonder Woman.

My Single issue:
    This one is tough for me, as there are several single issue stories I really like.

Wonder Woman Annual 1 (1987?) - featuring several different creators.

Two runner-ups:
    Wonder Woman (Second series) 76
    Hiketeia (OGN)

Storyline:
    The Bronze Doors - Wonder Woman (second series) 215-217

OK, how about you??
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

BANNED

I like both those choices immensely. However mine are the death of Myndi Mayer because it was genuinely shocking, while Stoned is my favorite story arc, followed closely by Challenge of the Gods.

Not a Brony. -_-

I enjoyed Messner-Loebs' final arc from about 88 to 100 of the second series. Liked Diana losing her position as ambassador but continued to stay in Man's world with a different look. An intriguing story arc with a hot new artist (at the time) really made the book compelling. And then....bleah...Byrne's three year run. Just never liked his ideas.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Marston's "Villainy, Inc."
    Messner-Loebs's "Space Pyrates"
    The first year or so of the Perez run.
    "DC Comics Presents: Superman vs. Wonder Woman"
    Jimenez's "A Day in the Life"

I'll think of more.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_H View Post
    I enjoyed Messner-Loebs' final arc from about 88 to 100 of the second series. Liked Diana losing her position as ambassador but continued to stay in Man's world with a different look. An intriguing story arc with a hot new artist (at the time) really made the book compelling. And then....bleah...Byrne's three year run. Just never liked his ideas.
    QFT! That run was awesome and i'm glad I have those two arc in trades! Byrne's run was a serious step backwards, as I've said before he often made Wonder Woman a guest star in her own book! He was more concerned about using Wonder Woman as backdoor way to write the DC chracters he really wanted to write such as The Demon, The New Gods and The Justice Society.

BANNED

I like the queen of fables issue, it was really fun!!!

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_H View Post
    I really enjoyed the Messner-Loebs and Deodato run as well. I still revisit those stories from time to time! Great characters and interactions.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Although I didn't like the whole mod de-powered era, it did have my favorite WW story.
    1_73ffff780488632cdd1870196c8541a7.jpg
    I just loved the odd juxtaposition of Fafhard and the Grey Mouser along with Catwoman. It also showed Diana is the smartest person in the comic which was nice.

A close 2nd would be the Jimenez Day in the Life with Lois Lane.

Extraordinary Member

The Space Pyrates and Challenge of The Gods both stand out.

Also Gods of Gotham.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Don't know the writer or issue number, but has anyone read the Pre-Crisis story where an actress plays Wonder Woman in a film but she dies from some illness and is buried on Paradise Island?

The first Silver Swan arc with Captain Wonder was great too, as was Wonder Woman 300.

BANNED

Maybe...

or...

or something else I'm forgetting...