Incredible Member

Default Two very important questions

1) So, am I to assume that *all* previous threads and posts and information pertaining to our accounts have been lost completely?

2) What happened to the Rumbles thread, I can't seem to find it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    1) So, am I to assume that *all* previous threads and posts and information pertaining to our accounts have been lost completely?
    http://oldforums.comicbookresources.com/

The stuff is still there for, I think, the next 12 hours or so (until Noon Pacific Time, at any rate). Then, it'll be gone for good, except for what people manage to save.

Which of them?

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post

1) As of the moment of this reply. The oldforums.comicbookresources.com have been taken offline. Yes, all previous posts, PM's etc are no longer accessible.

2) If you are asking about the current location of Rumbles: http://community.comicbookresources....c-Book-Rumbles

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    1) As of the moment of this reply. The oldforums.comicbookresources.com have been taken offline. Yes, all previous posts, PM's etc are no longer accessible.

2) If you are asking about the current location of Rumbles: http://community.comicbookresources....c-Book-Rumbles
    "These old forums will be available only until Wednesday, May 14th at Noon Pacific time. At that point they will be taken offline completely. There are many who are trying to index these forums before they go offline -- this creates additional load on the server and affects the performance of the main community. As result, we will be taking these old forums offline at random intervals for up to an hour at a time to help reduce the stress on the server and allow the new community members to post."

What happened to "Noon Pacific time", that's still 2 and a half hours away? I know some people were basing their archiving on that deadline.

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    "These old forums will be available only until Wednesday, May 14th at Noon Pacific time. At that point they will be taken offline completely. There are many who are trying to index these forums before they go offline -- this creates additional load on the server and affects the performance of the main community. As result, we will be taking these old forums offline at random intervals for up to an hour at a time to help reduce the stress on the server and allow the new community members to post."

What happened to "Noon Pacific time", that's still 2 and a half hours away? I know some people were basing their archiving on that deadline.
    They had two weeks to archive. This morning the archiving people were doing was messing up this community big time, not allowing anyone to post for up to three hours, so the decision was made to take them offline early. Sorry for the inconvenience, but the new community takes precedence and we did give everyone two weeks to get anything they wanted off the old forums.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams