Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
    If you REALLY like Point Blank and Sleeper, I'd also have to recommend the Alan Moore's Complete WildC.A.T.s TPB, even though it isn't a crime/noir comic. Believe it or not, Moore introduced one of the main characters of Sleeper in his mid-'90s WildC.A.T.s run, which is better than it had any right to be, and featured some gorgeous Travis Charest art.
    Now now, if you want to recommend Wildcats comics, you need to recommend Joe Casey's run, which has its black-op moments.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    If you find it, grab Torpedo, by Enrique Sánchez Abulí and Jordi Bernet. I know IDW published some HCs but I don't know if they are available.

But it's worth tracking the series. Better than the Brubaker/Phillips stuff in my opinion.
    There's going to be a complete collection of Torpedo from IDW coming out in 2015.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Vertigo Crime, actually. The best was Milligan and Romberger's The Bronx Kill. The rest were a mixed bag. I really like Andy Diggle's Ratcatcher, but that's more of a thriller than your usual crime comic.
    I remember asking if you had read Area 10 and you said no. Did you ever get around reading it?
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    There's going to be a complete collection of Torpedo from IDW coming out in 2015.
    Nice! I was planning on buying the Spanish Omnibus as a late Christmas present for myself for being such a good person, but I might get that collection instead if it is cheaper (the Omnibus is 60 €).

Btw, I bought Dash Shaw's Doctors based on your recommendation in that Thanksgiving thread. I enjoyed it.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

If you find it, grab Torpedo, by Enrique Sánchez Abulí and Jordi Bernet. I know IDW published some HCs but I don't know if they are available.

But it's worth tracking the series. Better than the Brubaker/Phillips stuff in my opinion.
    Actually, IDW put out a larger edition last summer. It's pricier, but it's worth it.

Now now, if you want to recommend Wildcats comics, you need to recommend Joe Casey's run, which has its black-op moments.
    Oh, I loved Casey's Wildcats. Grifter (from Point Blank and Sleeper) is featured prominently, and you get more nice Sean Phillips artwork. Anyone collecting it would want to pick up the Vicious Circles, Serial Boxes, and Battery Park TPBs that make up most of Wildcats Volume 2 (which are out of print, but you can always find them for cheap). If you like those, follow it up with Casey's Wildcats 3.0 Year One and Year Two TPBs.

The whole run was pretty revolutionary against traditional superhero comics, including the big, bright X-Men ripoffs that Wildcats started out as in the early '90s. One character realized they were accomplishing nothing by wearing costumes and constantly fighting people, so he set off to use his resources to really change the world for the better, using Grifter as his enforcer to get things done. But of course, some people didn't want anyone changing the world for the better...

Nice! I was planning on buying the Spanish Omnibus as a late Christmas present for myself for being such a good person, but I might get that collection instead if it is cheaper (the Omnibus is 60 €).
    Wouldn't it be better to read it in its original language?
    Btw, I bought Dash Shaw's Doctors based on your recommendation in that Thanksgiving thread. I enjoyed it.
    Nice to hear!
    Actually, IDW put out a larger edition last summer. It's pricier, but it's worth it.
    But Amazon lists for nex July?
    http://www.amazon.com/Torpedo-Collec...=torpedo+comic
    BB

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Wouldn't it be better to read it in its original language?

Nice to hear!

But Amazon lists for nex July?
    http://www.amazon.com/Torpedo-Collec...=torpedo+comic
    It was supposed to be released last summer but was postponed to the summer of 2015. But there are also 5 paperbacks out already
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I remember asking if you had read Area 10 and you said no. Did you ever get around reading it?
    No, I still haven't. Need to get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It was supposed to be released last summer but was postponed to the summer of 2015. But there are also 5 paperbacks out already
    Oh, I cancelled my order the week before it was supposed to be released because I was light on cash that week, so I had assumed it was released. Going to pre-order it again right now.

No, I still haven't. Need to get around to it.
    I haven't read it myself yet but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it if you ever do read it.
    BB

Awesome suggestions people! My wallet thanks you all hahaha
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..