Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Actually, thank you for making my point for me; Adrianne Palicki is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. When that show was being made the negative comments that flooded the internet weren't just about the concepts they were hearing about the show itself. A large amount, if not the majority of the nastiest comments were about Adrianne herself; "I thought Diana was supposed to be beautiful, this chick is ugly", "She's got gross fake boobs, that's not right for Diana", "She needs to get plastic surgery to get the moles removed from her face", "She's got a fat stomach", "She hasn't got a butt", "Her wig looks cheap" (even though it was her hair), "She looks like she has downs syndrome"...A few years later and no one really has anything bad to say about Adrianne and when actresses who should play the role are listed, she's almost always on the list...the difference, she's now a more known commodity to the fan boys and she has been seen kicking butt in "Red Dawn", "GI Joe" and "Agents of SHIELD"

Another example would be Katie Cassidy in "Arrow"; For the past 2 1/2 season people have railed against this character and this actress. HORRIBLE things have been said about her going so far as wanting to kill off the character of Dinah and keeping a adultress murderer (Sara) in the role of Black Canary. The day after Katie debuted as Black Canary (2 seconds in black leather and beating up 2 guys) and the worst comment I could find about Katie/Laurel was "Ya know, I didn't like the idea of Laurel becoming Black Canary but this might grow on me" and the majority of comments were more positive like; " Laurel was the best part of this episode." and still over-all, 4 weeks later, there still isn't much negative being said about her...Because she puts on black leather and hits people. That's the difference.

And yes, I did defend the Wonder Woman pilot...for the very reason you're pointing out now. Everyone was judging it (and Adrianne) without having seen it. Just as they're doing with Gal. After the pilot came out online, sure it had a lot of problems...Adrianne was not one of them. As for Gal, I can base my opinion of her on the fact that I've seen her act and though the "Fast and the Furious" movies aren't acting showcases for any of the actors in them (many of who are proven solid actors), what Gal is good at is reacting believably and realistically which any actor will tell you is one of the main things one has to do to be a good actor. 90% of acting is reacting. Combine this with the fact that she auditioned...They aren't going to risk billions of dollars on someone that they think might be able to be okay in the role...She did the best job. She'll be fine.
    I don't think you are reading my posts fully. It was more of a backhanded compliment when I said given only two choices, that being Gal Gadot and Adrianne Palicki that I would pick Adrianne. I thought she was a bad choice the first time and still don't think much of her portrayal of Wonder Woman in the pilot. So I am not sure why you think I am making a point in your favor. Also, Adrianne was a far more known commodity than Gal because of the Friday Nights Lights series. Just because she has been in some mainstream movies since doesn't all of a sudden make her everybodys fanboy wish list for Wonder Woman. Did anyone even see the Red Dawn remake? In Agents of Shield I do like her and the fact that it is more of her natural hair color versus the jet black she sported as Wonder Woman and in John Wick. It doesn't really seem to suit her looks to me.

And yes, I judged the Wonder Woman series before I saw it based on the leaked scripts that were proven to be right on the money when I did see the pilot. Also, it is a matter of opinion whether you thought Adrianne was the problem or not. Most people that reviewed the movie were either of the opinion that Adrianne was just ok, or that her performance fell flat and I would agree with the later. The snarling, bitchy take that Adrianne had wasn't the Wonder Woman that I identified with. Also, you are talking about Gal's acting in the Fast and the Furious, and that is why you think she will make a good Wonder Woman? That movie is in no way a benchmark of why one should expect great Thespians to come out of. I am sure she auditioned, but it doesn't sound like there were many contenders for the role. All I know is we had Olga Kurlenko, Gal Gadot and Elodie Yeung (spelling). But, we shall see if Gal will be fine for the job. But, hyperbole aside, they aren't risking billions on Gal. Just a 3 movie contract, and if the audience doesn't like what they see, they can recast. It's not like they gave her a huge monetary deal from what I have read.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    I don't think you are reading my posts fully. It was more of a backhanded compliment when I said given only two choices, that being Gal Gadot and Adrianne Palicki that I would pick Adrianne. I thought she was a bad choice the first time and still don't think much of her portrayal of Wonder Woman in the pilot. So I am not sure why you think I am making a point in your favor. Also, Adrianne was a far more known commodity than Gal because of the Friday Nights Lights series. Just because she has been in some mainstream movies since doesn't all of a sudden make her everybodys fanboy wish list for Wonder Woman. Did anyone even see the Red Dawn remake? In Agents of Shield I do like her and the fact that it is more of her natural hair color versus the jet black she sported as Wonder Woman and in John Wick. It doesn't really seem to suit her looks to me.

And yes, I judged the Wonder Woman series before I saw it based on the leaked scripts that were proven to be right on the money when I did see the pilot. Also, it is a matter of opinion whether you thought Adrianne was the problem or not. Most people that reviewed the movie were either of the opinion that Adrianne was just ok, or that her performance fell flat and I would agree with the later. The snarling, bitchy take that Adrianne had wasn't the Wonder Woman that I identified with. Also, you are talking about Gal's acting in the Fast and the Furious, and that is why you think she will make a good Wonder Woman? That movie is in no way a benchmark of why one should expect great Thespians to come out of. I am sure she auditioned, but it doesn't sound like there were many contenders for the role. All I know is we had Olga Kurlenko, Gal Gadot and Elodie Yeung (spelling). But, we shall see if Gal will be fine for the job. But, hyperbole aside, they aren't risking billions on Gal. Just a 3 movie contract, and if the audience doesn't like what they see, they can recast. It's not like they gave her a huge monetary deal from what I have read.
    ...Sure, okay.

All-New Member

What do you think Shona McGarty?