Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    What are the odds that movie Black Bolt could appear in his ultimate form?

While I find it a clever take, I much prefer the 616 version, and the way it dripswith classic Kirbyness.

But Marvel Studios has done great things in Guardians with practical effects, so this version isn't ruled out.

They need to stay far away from Ultimate Medusa though.
    I don't like Bolt wearing a dress.

Niffleheim

That is a royal garb lol!

Wow! where was this thread hiding? Now that BB has become Uncanny I hope the thread gets more action.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

<3 Blackbolt.

"All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

"All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post

I love the last drawing of Bolt and Medusa. Marvel needs more married couples.

BANNED

When is Bolt's new book coming out? I'm really looking forward to Ahura coming back, too.

Fantastic Member

Some preview shots for Uncanny Inhumans #0. Looks mighty fine: http://www.newsarama.com/23629-black...irst-look.html

As to when the book comes out: #0 comes out in April, but there was no #1 for May. Concerns me that they're going to push it back to Post-SW.

BANNED

I was just saying on another thread, the way they made it the backup to the ANAD Avengers FCBD special suggests it's first order of business after Battleworld is undone.

BANNED

I hope they shine a spotlight on how UTTERLY POWERFUL Black Bolt is.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Came across this fan art for Vin Diesel as Black Bolt and, honestly, it kinda gave me chills!

What do you guys think?

CBFOEnuUwAAzbBP.jpg

Personally, although I really like Vin Diesel, I don't think he fits the role.
    He'll be 52 when the film is released (assuming he is cast) and god knows how old by the time the sequels come out.

I'd much rather see someone a little bit younger, who can bring a phenomenal performance even with minimal dialogue. Someone like Matt Bomber, who's a great actor and could work very well with using only his eyes to express emotion. That'd be my choice.

Blackagar is hands-down my favorite superhero and I hope whoever gets cast has a great script to work with and gives it their all!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Came across this fan art for Vin Diesel as Black Bolt and, honestly, it kinda gave me chills!

What do you guys think?

CBFOEnuUwAAzbBP.jpg

Personally, although I really like Vin Diesel, I don't think he fits the role.
    He'll be 52 when the film is released (assuming he is cast) and god knows how old by the time the sequels come out.

I'd much rather see someone a little bit younger, who can bring a phenomenal performance even with minimal dialogue. Someone like Matt Bomber, who's a great actor and could work very well with using only his eyes to express emotion. That'd be my choice.

Blackagar is hands-down my favorite superhero and I hope whoever gets cast has a great script to work with and gives it their all!
    I agree it might be better to go for a younger actor
    We need better comics

BANNED

For me it depends on how they are going to portray Black Bolt in the movie for which actor I would want. It would be a shame to have a big name actor like Vin Diesel in a movie where his character is left not speaking a majority of the film. I also don't see him as interested in playing such a role outside of possibly voice work for the shouting parts of his powers.

BANNED

That's a good picture, but I imagine the filmmakers will take the new more armoresque costume from Uncanny Inhumans for the movie. It fits with the less spandexy aesthetic of the other MCU heroes.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    That's a good picture, but I imagine the filmmakers will take the new more armoresque costume from Uncanny Inhumans for the movie. It fits with the less spandexy aesthetic of the other MCU heroes.
    I would thinkc the almost spandexy look would work well, on film, with certain Inhumans, considering their cultural difference and the leap in "technology" between them and humans.

I like the armor look too though, and ultimately I'd be fine if that's the route they take.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

I'm not really into the idea of Vin Diesel, though it seems like I'm in the minority. I think Joe Manganiello would be great as Black Bolt!