Default Scott 2015- Course of the Revolution?

Good night I follow the forum for some time but this is my first post, I'm Brazilian so I ask forgiveness for the bad English.

Since the end of AvX I sympathize a lot with Scott Summers and his revolution. Not that I see as a saint or that Steve Rogers is to blame for everything that happened but Scott had an interesting point of view.

After years fighting for the dream of Xavier and after countless sacrifices acceptance never came on the contrary even when they were on the verge of extinction still trying to exterminate them. As in real life humans can not overcome their differences are racial, religious or sexual well being would be no different in comics. I see a lot of that in my country and I know that is no different in the rest of the world so much sympathized with Scott for trying to change the world with AvX and after its revolution to help his people because no one else seems to want to do anything to change that.

Scott was created by Xavier but he also began to adopt some positions Magneto to ensure the survival of mutants in Utopia he saw both sides of the issue so I was curious about the direction that their revolution would take. At first I really believed they were on the right track saving mutants and training and preparing to fight and of course to send your message. But that's enough? It is the correct way? More importantly they no longer did that before with the difference that are now wanted?

From what I've been reading in early 2015 due to recent events the Scott team will start to question about their revolution and obviously Scott's attitudes which will somehow result in Nation X in a few months. Other words create a haven for mutants can live in safety but it has been not trying before and failed miserably?

I know that the writers can not and does not intend to solve the world's problems unless it results in a fight between heroes but fiction is a field that allows some freedom and I know that most would like to see this attempt. In fiction Star Trek for example the introduction of technology from the contact with aliens allowed radical changes in human society because it could not be the same with mutants?

Leaving aside the reality what do you think Scott should do to succeed where all failed? And if this is not possible at least achieve a satisfactory result in the minimum or a step further. Where do you think he missed and missed how to change it? Regardless of agree with him or not what they would do to make revolution possible or at least something significant? What do you think Bendis will do what direction it will give the revolution in 2015?

Personally I believe that having a nation is important but this is not enough you need to have the power to ensure their existence as well as approval and recognition from other nations. The biggest problem of the mutants is that they rely on themselves and not seek allies for fear of being betrayed. I believe that Scott did not need to convince everyone in the world but he needs human allies want to make any progress he has not used his fame and many consider it a revolutionary.

* Many mutants have incredible powers if they use it to solve problems the world will attract positive attention to them. Even if it irritates some leaders and dictators public opinion would be at his side not to mention that neither the Avengers are routinely involved in international issues. Scott thanks to Magik can change location quickly without getting caught, he has a mutant able to control machines, one with the power to heal people and one with the power to manipulate time imagine what it could do if it was used to make the better world?

If they could help or recognition of two or three countries would be enough to keep most of their enemies in check due to political relations may not impede super villains but no country or mutant anti groups would send sentinels. In the best case scenario they would have the protection and help of some powerful country in exchange for aid of mutants. Summarizing Scott and his revolution must go beyond a mutant revolution it needs to create a world revolution with the help of other humans at least is what I believe.

Well I'm sorry for the long post and I wish you all a happy new year and a better world.

First let me say, welcome to Cbr and kudos on your post.

Many will agree with you on Cyke's stance but the one thing that must be remembered is that Marvel works via status quo. That being people are jerks, Avengers are great, and mutants will always fail.

Cyke is trying to circumvent that and finally have mutants succeed with questionable, as the best word, methods and n doing so, shake up the status quo. That makes him a "villain".

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Good night I follow the forum for some time but this is my first post, I'm Brazilian so I ask forgiveness for the bad English.

Since the end of AvX I sympathize a lot with Scott Summers and his revolution. Not that I see as a saint or that Steve Rogers is to blame for everything that happened but Scott had an interesting point of view.

After years fighting for the dream of Xavier and after countless sacrifices acceptance never came on the contrary even when they were on the verge of extinction still trying to exterminate them. As in real life humans can not overcome their differences are racial, religious or sexual well being would be no different in comics. I see a lot of that in my country and I know that is no different in the rest of the world so much sympathized with Scott for trying to change the world with AvX and after its revolution to help his people because no one else seems to want to do anything to change that.

Scott was created by Xavier but he also began to adopt some positions Magneto to ensure the survival of mutants in Utopia he saw both sides of the issue so I was curious about the direction that their revolution would take. At first I really believed they were on the right track saving mutants and training and preparing to fight and of course to send your message. But that's enough? It is the correct way? More importantly they no longer did that before with the difference that are now wanted?

From what I've been reading in early 2015 due to recent events the Scott team will start to question about their revolution and obviously Scott's attitudes which will somehow result in Nation X in a few months. Other words create a haven for mutants can live in safety but it has been not trying before and failed miserably?

I know that the writers can not and does not intend to solve the world's problems unless it results in a fight between heroes but fiction is a field that allows some freedom and I know that most would like to see this attempt. In fiction Star Trek for example the introduction of technology from the contact with aliens allowed radical changes in human society because it could not be the same with mutants?

Leaving aside the reality what do you think Scott should do to succeed where all failed? And if this is not possible at least achieve a satisfactory result in the minimum or a step further. Where do you think he missed and missed how to change it? Regardless of agree with him or not what they would do to make revolution possible or at least something significant? What do you think Bendis will do what direction it will give the revolution in 2015?

Personally I believe that having a nation is important but this is not enough you need to have the power to ensure their existence as well as approval and recognition from other nations. The biggest problem of the mutants is that they rely on themselves and not seek allies for fear of being betrayed. I believe that Scott did not need to convince everyone in the world but he needs human allies want to make any progress he has not used his fame and many consider it a revolutionary.

* Many mutants have incredible powers if they use it to solve problems the world will attract positive attention to them. Even if it irritates some leaders and dictators public opinion would be at his side not to mention that neither the Avengers are routinely involved in international issues. Scott thanks to Magik can change location quickly without getting caught, he has a mutant able to control machines, one with the power to heal people and one with the power to manipulate time imagine what it could do if it was used to make the better world?

If they could help or recognition of two or three countries would be enough to keep most of their enemies in check due to political relations may not impede super villains but no country or mutant anti groups would send sentinels. In the best case scenario they would have the protection and help of some powerful country in exchange for aid of mutants. Summarizing Scott and his revolution must go beyond a mutant revolution it needs to create a world revolution with the help of other humans at least is what I believe.

Well I'm sorry for the long post and I wish you all a happy new year and a better world.
    Excellent points. And welcome to CBR. Hope you survive the experience.

I think Bendis has already planted the seeds of discord among Cyclops' students. We have characters like Triag openly questioning what they're doing and Magneto criticizing Cyclops for the man he's become. I think in 2015, this is going to force Cyclops to make a critical decision as to how he's going to conduct his revolution. I think you're right. He does need human allies. Early on in the series, he even reached out to some of them. But that fell to the wayside once the story about Xavier's will came into play. I hope that changes. I think it really needs to change. Cyclops has to know on some levels that fighting humanity is a losing battle. He also has to know that he needs people to love and respect mutants in addition to fearing them. Perhaps the coming Trial of Hank McCoy and Secret Wars will help him reassess what he's doing. I think Brian Michael Bendis wants to play the long game with him in that he want's Cyclops' redemption to be gradual. Maybe 2015 can take a bigger step. Imagine if he were to save Hank or help the X-men during Secret Wars, despite their hatred of him. It would get harder and harder to hate him and resent him. It'll take a long time, but I think it's a story worth telling.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Ultimate Member

Of course Scott is going to fail one of these days, otherwise there's no drama or anything like that. So he'll probably have his wish for a short time before it all hits the fan. After all Scott won't get the push from Marvel that he's currently getting forever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Of course Scott is going to fail one of these days, otherwise there's no drama or anything like that. So he'll probably have his wish for a short time before it all hits the fan. After all Scott won't get the push from Marvel that he's currently getting forever.
    The only reason Cyclops is getting a push since like forever is because he's irrelevant in the movies, and in marvel flawed logic that means he wont push fox movies

I'd like a whole lot less of the Avenger vs. X-Men stuff. I'm tired of heroes fighting. I imagine, in the Marvel Universe (616,) there will always be Mutant prejudice but, would like it toned down a bit. They are powerful people. Not victims. Fight for your rights yes. Ultra-hate no.

Scott is a good leader. I wish the X-Men were less split though. I would like a few people to forgive and forget among them. Let them fight with the villains. Give our heroes a break.

I think he and his (inverted) brother on the same side could be interesting. Throw in Cable after X-Force ends and the "Summers Revolution" could be a lot of fun with Scott, Alex, Nathan, Emma, Illyana, and the newbies. Maybe Dr. Nemesis too.

Thanks for the welcome.

* Well I'm also tired of fights between heroes but that became a sales strategy. Only we left trying to get some useful thing these stories.

* It seems that many do not believe that Scott has some success due to factors such as the status quo and the position of the mutants in movie theaters anyway have hope that something positive or different can happen. I do not doubt that Scott runs failing again still could be something amazing to read it if they work properly.

* Fiction allows people think of things that would normally be impossible so wanted to hear from you if they were in his place.

* About Havoc will be interesting but I felt sorry for him because he lost a lot trying to bridge the gap between humans and mutants during Uncanny Avengers.