Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Black Widow Jumps Into Action In New "Age Of Ultron" Promo Art

Additional full-body images of Vision and Ultron round out the new set of promotional artwork.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

Battle sticks?! No! That's Mockingbird's thing. Natasha has guns and gadgets and gauntlets with electro-blasts and the whole grappling-hook-rope thing going on. This is just greedy.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    Battle sticks?! No! That's Mockingbird's thing. Natasha has guns and gadgets and gauntlets with electro-blasts and the whole grappling-hook-rope thing going on. This is just greedy.
    But these are electric baton which stings her opponents. So they have been Natasha'ed out.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

Bullet's aren't doing jack against Ultron drones, nor her tiny wrist stingers. These upgrades are a response to the escalating threat levels.

Mild-mannered journalist

I applaud them giving it the old college try redesigning Vision, but it's a fundamentally silly design. (Why is his "skin" red, beyond the easy availability of primary color inks?) I would have preferred them starting over from scratch for him, maybe with a design that tied him more to both Stark and Ultron.

Ultimate Member

Because Stark and Banner both apparently are involved with his design. Hence red and green.

BANNED

Is it my imagination or do an unfortunate number of the hero costumes in this film have ... I don't know how to describe them so I'm just going to say "futuristic-looking lines" in an attempt to make them look "real". Vision and Black Widow both do and I think Captain America has some too.

Extraordinary Member

Widow is too fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    Is it my imagination or do an unfortunate number of the hero costumes in this film have ... I don't know how to describe them so I'm just going to say "futuristic-looking lines" in an attempt to make them look "real". Vision and Black Widow both do and I think Captain America has some too.
    A lot of them have it but I wouldn't say it's unfortunate. It's an attempt to give the material a more textured look so it doesn't come off like pajamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Yarbrough View Post
    I applaud them giving it the old college try redesigning Vision, but it's a fundamentally silly design. (Why is his "skin" red, beyond the easy availability of primary color inks?) I would have preferred them starting over from scratch for him, maybe with a design that tied him more to both Stark and Ultron.
    "Tell you what. Throw a little hotrod red in there."
    Last edited by Holt; 12-31-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Yarbrough View Post
    Can't a synthezoid just be red, green and sport a yellow cape without people getting up in his hard drives about it?

We androids just want to look appropriately heroic and approachable. We do not like kids running away from us in terror. We are not government agents or covert operatives so we don't colour ourselves in black and we also want no associations or comparisons with the 2014 Robocop movie or Batman.

We androids also believe that Brother Vision's appearances properly homages his creators and projects an appropriately ethereal feel showing an android that is both a human and a machine.

He is not a model for the next month's MacWorld magazine cover.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Not really WOW-ed by any of those designs. Ultron looks alright, but I don't like the idea of it's mouth moving while it talks, so there's that. Not sure I see the point of "glowing" kneepads for Widow. Her Avengers outfit was cool and they could have just stuck with them. Captain America (not pictured) is probably the best looking one from this movie, from what I've seen.

I'll wait to see what Vision looks like live, as the live version of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver both look really stupid.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Seeing Black Widow wielding batons makes me wonder if Mockingbird isn't going to make the jump to the big screen after all. I guess she could still show up later and make a comment about Natasha jocking her style.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Can't a synthezoid just be red, green and sport a yellow cape without people getting up in his hard drives about it?

We androids just want to look appropriately heroic and approachable. We do not like kids running away from us in terror. We are not government agents or covert operatives so we don't colour ourselves in black and we also want no associations or comparisons with the 2014 Robocop movie or Batman.

We androids also believe that Brother Vision's appearances properly homages his creators and projects an appropriately ethereal feel showing an android that is both a human and a machine.

He is not a model for the next month's MacWorld magazine cover.
    Dont know but Green is the Hulks Color and Red and Gold is Iron Man

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Hideous. What's with giving BW even more paramilitary-esque footwear? She had on wedge heeled knee high boots in the Captain America movies and was able to retain some femininity thanks to that.

Now? Zzzzzz.

Ultimate Member

Yes because the non-powered ex-spy turned superhero who's all about practicality and is fighting a genocidal robot is really going to be all that concerned with looking "feminine."