Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Like You, Sam Raimi Thinks "Spider-Man 3" Is 'Awful'

The filmmaker acknowledges that the final chapter in his Spider-Man trilogy "just didn't work very well," calling it "awful."

Full article here.

Dance Peter Dance

Is "I didn't really believe in all the characters" code for "God, I really didn't want to use Venom"?

BANNED

Venom wasn't the only problem with the movie. Far from it.

I think Raimi's being too hard on himself. It's not like he made "The Amazing Spider-Man 2."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Venom wasn't the only problem with the movie. Far from it.
    Yes it was. take out Venom and everything related to it and you have a decent movie.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

After Venom was forced on him you could tell Rami just was not into the project anymore, and when your director is not into it that is the kind of product you get. On top of that the script was just garbage. Tying Sandman to Uncle Ben's murder and the whole thing with Harry as Green Goblin were almost as bad as dancing Pete. Everyone should have been embarassed by the end result of that film. From Rami to the stars to the writer to the suits who thought they knew best. Every last one of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Yes it was. take out Venom and everything related to it and you have a decent movie.
    Well that's easy to say when it was such a big part of the movie that it wouldn't work without that plot point. But just for posterity:

-Sandman kills Uncle Men.
    -Whiny misunderstood murderer who goes over the edge and destroys everything, but it's okay because Peter forgave him. And then he flies away.
    -Peter once again looking like the biggest wimp in the world crying over MJ, who incidentally sucks this whole movie.
    -Harry's butler just randomly telling him at the perfect time that he's known for years that his father died because of his own gliders wounds.
    -shoehorning Gwen in the film

And regardless, even if he didn't like Venom, there is no reason why everything related to him had to be so shitty. It was his choice to make emo dancing Peter Parker. As opposed to the way every other interpretation of Venom did it. He's the one who casted Topher Grace. He's the one that decided to build up a villain for a whole film just to off him in the same scene where he actually did anything.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry but! I still like it.

BANNED

Buy the dance is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Sorry but! I still like it.
    I like it better than the first Spider-Man, which I find really unwatchable. For me, it goes:

Spider-Man 2
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 3
    Amazing Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Not "like me", TJ Dietsch. It's either second or third on my list of favourite Spider-Man films and I didn't think it was bad at all. Too many people are far too happy to dismiss a film because they didn't like a dancing scene or "emo Peter".

I actually find that Spider-Man 3 works really well when you ignore all the scenes featuring Venom, Sandman, Harry Obsorne, Spider-Man, Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy!

BANNED

I enjoyed the scenes between Peter and Harry. Mary Jane started to get a little tiresome but that's mostly because the random badazz Peter rocking the black goo that just happened to find him out of nowhere at the beginning of the movie just decided to wreck the wreck the rest of it.