Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    From Sam Jackson, the originally model Ultimate Nick fury after him but without his permission, thats how he secured the Role for Nick Fury.
    See I was under the distinct impression that Marvel asked before they made the ultimate Nick Fury look like Jackson, then the movies came and they used his version because it was just more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    See I was under the distinct impression that Marvel asked before they made the ultimate Nick Fury look like Jackson, then the movies came and they used his version because it was just more convenient.
    Nope they didn't get his permission until like years later, but he didn't make a big deal out of it since he saw the opportunity to play the role.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Because:

1) The world is a sexist place.
    2) Most executives are clueless.

Those are realities. We can - and should - complain about the suckage of said realities, ask for corrections in both historical and current issues and strive to do better if in position.

But realistically, expecting sucky things to suddenly stop sucking is a recipe for disappointment. Some things take time. If said things are dependent on old, white spoiled man risking their money, they usually take more time. And yes, this does suck, and no, you're not wrong in complaining about it, but I'm glad we at least seem to be moving in a good direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    The fact that Wonder Woman is getting a solo movie is already a surprise, considering WB's previous stance on the matter.

We all want more diversity in all forms - color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation - but let's just be realistic and accept that it won't happen overnight. It would be great if it would, but it won't.

The first Avengers movie had only Black Widow on the team - and no black person on the actual field team, despite Nick Fury being the top dog. We'll get Wanda now, Carol Danvers a lit bit already.

Yes, one female (and one black guy) is pretty terrible, but things are turning around for the better, even if at an slower pace than the ideal.
    There's some truth to this. Hollywood is a place with odd values. And many times there's concerns about not having too many minorities or women in a project so it doesn't seem like a "black" film or a "chick" film because it might not sell as well. Heck, Young Justice got cancelled cuz too many girls watched the show. I don't agree with it, but it's an attitude that exists among some execs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Wrong. Cyborg has had far more appearances than any of those characters beyond comics. Plus, he has been a known quantity on television for 30 years and counting.

EDIT: Cyborg actually has about 40 more appearances in television/movies/video games than Static Shock, John Stewart, and Vixen combined. Having said that, since he was the star of his own program (unlike the others), I would weight Static Shock's individual appearances a little more. Still, it's not enough to surpass Vic's presence in the mass media (especially since the latter is the only one starring in his own program right now). Besides, Milestone characters are off limits at the present time, anyway.
    I don't think that's true.

Static is getting a live-action web series:

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/524700430140731392

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    I don't think that's true.

Static is getting a live-action web series:

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/524700430140731392
    First I heard of that. Maybe DC's problems with Milestone have been cleared up then?

BTW, I know it's off topic (it's okay if it doesn't go too far ), but does anybody know if the live-action iZombie series is still a go? My teenage niece is dying to see it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    First I heard of that. Maybe DC's problems with Milestone have been cleared up then?

BTW, I know it's off topic (it's okay if it doesn't go too far ), but does anybody know if the live-action iZombie series is still a go? My teenage niece is dying to see it.
    Yes I think it premieres in Spring.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    If people are that obsessed with racial diversity why they are not obsessed with gender diversity ?

Sorry if I sound too feminist for some people. I am just trying to be an humanist here. Sorry for the english too. English is not my native language.
    One brings out complaints and the other doesn't (although it should at times).

90% of the complaints aimed at the upcoming Fantastic Four film is aimed at ONE person (Michael B. Jordan). Even more than Doctor Doom the blogger.

We can toss out an all female Justice League of WW, Supergirl, Vixen, Zantanna, Harley, Catwoman, Huntress & Power Girl. You won't hear a single complaint.

Now if we tossed out a Justice League of Black Lighting, Aqualad, Malcolm Duncan, Batwing & John Stewart-every troll on the Internet will come out running to go off.

In other words everyone has an issue with it's a male of color. There is always an excuse. There is always belittling and insulting comments.

You don't see that as much with the females. Although you should. I don't need Justice League to get a Vixen film. Nor Huntress. Nor Wonder Woman. Those films SHOULD have already been made especially after Hunger Games & Frozen called both Marvel & DC to task.

Static should have been flying around on the screen before the King of the Death show up in Captain America 3. Same with Jaime Reyes.

Studios need to get off this only white males go to stuff complex. How many times do they have to be proven wrong? How many folks are losing their jobs at Warner Brothers thanks to Ryan Reynolds and other white males who keep getting laying box office bombs?

I don't care if it's big screen or straight to DVD but things need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    there is the dark team, the united team, the main one. JL3000 is on the future with clones. I prefer the way avengers are organized on marvel, something more united.
    reserve members doesn't count if they don't show up.

I thought it was another thing, sorry.
    Yes, and they are all Justice League.

Justice League isn't one team...it includes JLU, JLD and JL3000 (At least, that's how I think of them. Of course, JL3000 is an exception).

But, the three teams - JL, JLU (JLA) and JLD have worked together (and against each other), in Trinity War.

I think they should just introduce the big 7 now, and then bring in new members.

Can they introduce a 10 or 12 member team? Sure, they can. They have done that sort of movies with LOTR and HP, introducing a vast number of characters right away.

But, the importance and screen time of these characters have to be taken into account. In JL, each member should equally be important (and that's how DC portrays them, at least in my opinion)...we don't need Hawkeye treatment for these characters.

JLD, I think is balanced - they have many more female members (then again, the team has been rotating now and then...so, I am not sure how things are right now..only a few members have stayed from the beginning)
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member

What about a new Tomorrow Woman?

Faith is another possible candidate but she should probably join the Doom Patrol...they need women too.

Maxima was another powerhouse.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

If people are looking for diversity, the JL movie could just use the animated series Lineup:
    Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    John Stewart GL
    Hawkgirl
    In fact, I'd say that John is the most famous GL in the general public's eyes. When the 2011 movie came out, people were wondering why GL had switched race!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Is the first Justice League film still supposed to be a two-parter? What if they do the tired old "Big 7" thing for the first film and then add 2-3 more characters in part 2? That way we can have a diverse lineup for the first whole story and no one gets the "Hawkeye treatment".
    Last edited by The_Greatest_Username; 12-31-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

We can toss out an all female Justice League of WW, Supergirl, Vixen, Zantanna, Harley, Catwoman, Huntress & Power Girl. You won't hear a single complaint.
    Oh, I guarantee you you'll hear all kinds of complaints with that line up. "Tumblr feminists are forcing their social justice agenda down our throats! This is an attack against hetro men!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Oh, I guarantee you you'll hear all kinds of complaints with that line up. "Tumblr feminists are forcing their social justice agenda down our throats! This is an attack against hetro men!"
    Oh you'd better believe it. Heck on this very thread we already have posters talking about "WB not cow towing to social/progressive agenda's" or some such nonsense. And that's just because people dare to suggest that maybe, just maybe, WW DOESN'T have to be the ONLY female on the team at he beginning. That we don't HAVE to just have the "token female." That just because Avengers did it DOESN'T mean that JL HAS to. And that the JL doesn't NEED to be such a sausage-fest at the beginning.

If something that mundane gets people whining about "social progressive agendas" then an all-female team would make their heads explode.

Historically there's always been one female founding member.

Wonder Woman (pre-Crisis)
    Black Canary (Post-Crisis)
    Wonder Woman, again (Post-Infinite Crisis)
    Wonder Woman (New52)

So I don't really see a problem with it.
    However... if one must be added, I would add either Black Canary (for being a founding member Post-Crisis, as well as historically being the first female to join) or Hawkwoman (due to her popularity from the cartoons).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

When Marvel did an all female X-Men, there wasn't any complaints. So I can't really see an all female Justice League causing an uproar, I'd love to see it happen.