Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default The Vision Gets Biblical In New "Uncanny Avengers" Teaser

The newest teaser for Rick Remender and Daniel Acuna's "Uncanny Avengers" relaunch prominently features the synthozoid hero.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

My favourite promo so far as far as the art is concerned.

Amazing Member

Glad that Vision is getting more play (inevitable, given his role in the upcoming movie). But am I the only one who finds this "unity squad" awfully light on X-characters? Rogue and Sabretooth, obviously. But then you've got five Avengers, and Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are apparently not even mutants anymore. So I feel like the point of this book is kind of waffling.

Looks interesting, but why does Marvel have to keep restarting series over at #1 so much now?
    It's hard to believe books used to get into the #300-#400 mark when you see this insane renumbering system that is in place now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by notable View Post
    Glad that Vision is getting more play (inevitable, given his role in the upcoming movie). But am I the only one who finds this "unity squad" awfully light on X-characters? Rogue and Sabretooth, obviously. But then you've got five Avengers, and Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are apparently not even mutants anymore. So I feel like the point of this book is kind of waffling.
    No one in marvel has said Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are not mutants, the story has even happened yet all we know is magneto isn't the farther.

My first response to that teaser was, "Or she's Lilith and doesn't give a s**t".

But still, it's a cool teaser.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    No one in marvel has said Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are not mutants, the story has even happened yet all we know is magneto isn't the farther.
    IMPLIED Magneto isn't their father. I'm not convinced, not where magic was involved, not where Doom was involved, and not with someone who was not in her right mind (remember the LAST TIME she wasn't?), and not with someone who has been manipulated and possessed by powerful entities like Chthon and Immortus in the past.

BANNED

I really dislike that costume for Vision. Hope it gets tweak at some point during the run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    IMPLIED Magneto isn't their father. I'm not convinced, not where magic was involved, not where Doom was involved, and not with someone who was not in her right mind (remember the LAST TIME she wasn't?), and not with someone who has been manipulated and possessed by powerful entities like Chthon and Immortus in the past.
    Good point, it is implied we do not know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    For all we know Magneto could be another robot duplicate, clone, skrull agent under deep cover, stranded character from a parallel Universe or magical construct created by Wanda's powers.

Only thing we have hinted are that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are not Magneto's kids so they should still be Mutants. Though this one has a more Avengers cast than X-Men... in the old team, we had Havok, Wolverine, Rogue, Scarlet Witch and Sunfire. Of those five Mutants, four are typically associated with the X-Men. With the new line-up, that's down to two namely Rogue and Sabretooth. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have always been more Avengers than X-Men. So, whilst number wise, X-Men members are down in the current team, its kind of more diverse I think with the addition of Vision and Brother Voodoo.

Best UA promo art yet .

The only part of Vision's new costume I'm iffy on is the big collar...

BANNED

It's clearly not an X-book anymore. There's a reason these threads aren't (thankfully) posted on the X-boards anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    My guess is that they'll be half inhuman and half mutant. It's a smarter compromise than just making them inhuman alone. In addition, it would explain their appearances in House of M and No More Humans better than retconing them.

What happened to Sunfire?