Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Worse of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Removing Lemire and Sorrentino from Green Lantern
    Sorrentino wanted to leave. I suppose DC should have chained him to the table?

Anyway, worst thing for me was not cancelling Earth-2 at #26. Everything that followed was bad, very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Seriously are you joking?
    Why should he? Some people prefer Aja's obsession towards minimalism (like the great Alex Toth used to be) and his panel by panel storytelling. I certainly do. I love how he tries to be so efficient as possible, with only the necessary amount of visual information in every page, and nothing superfluous in the way.

People who only read superhero comics tend to assume that the more details, the better the art is. No, being minimalist can be as difficult and exigent as cramming a lot of details.

Besides, how can Aja be indie? He's drawing like David Mazzuchelli used to do when he worked for the Big Two.
    Last edited by Diamond; 01-02-2015 at 05:59 AM.

BANNED

Ha, that's who he reminds me of. Been so long since I've seen anything from him the name slipped my mind. Not a fan of Aja either, but unlike Finch I'd never not buy a book because he was on art duties. Just neutral on him.

Fantastic Member

New Lobo. All I'm saying.

Wonder Woman's book returning to its historical norm of mediocrity.

Cancelling Swamp Thing.

Resurrection of Super Damian. The worst thing I've read since Joker's Daughter. Almost made me quit all Bat books again.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Sorrentino wanted to leave. I suppose DC should have chained him to the table?

Anyway, worst thing for me was not cancelling Earth-2 at #26. Everything that followed was bad, very bad.
    Damn straight and each issue of world's end just gets worse and worse... hopefully a reboot after Convergence
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    New Lobo. All I'm saying.
    Yeah, I sort of feel the same way. I got confused when in the interview before the new book they said they were killing off "faux-Bo" and then showed pictures of the new Lobo in the book. It took me a while to figure out that they were referring to the character that had been around for 30 years and actually had a fan following (whether because they liked the satire or took him at face value and enjoyed that) instead of the new guy.

The Earth 2 comics, Red Hood & The Outlaws, hawk Man and Wonder Girl. These experimental works just strayed WAY too far from their originals, ..and the experiments failed.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-03-2015 at 03:51 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

It's a hard question... looking back, counting everytime i said "goddammit this is so bad", 80% of the times it was because of mr. Venditti and his stupid GL crossovers.

I guess that's my first choice.

I wouldnt vote for E2WE because i always wanted a weekly E2 series. Sadly they wanted to connect it wih Future's End, so the story has no room to develop correctly. The book is bad indeed, but to me it's more of an editorial issue than a writing/art issue.

so... my list:

1. Venditti on GL.
    2. Soule leaving DC... that one hurt... badly.
    3. JRJR on Superman. I like him, but he has been terrible.
    4. Breth Booth on The Flash.
    5. Bringing the Arrow team (and Felicity) to GA.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE