BANNED

Default Is everything in continuity now? SPOILERS FOR HEROES IN CRISIS

So after the scene with Lagoon Boy rememing the Titan massacre with Power Boy and other characters
    Is everything back?
    Or is some stuff just slipping through?

Did Cyborg used to be a Titan?

Or did s Cyborg used to be a titan, and not Nu52 Cyborg?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    So after the scene with Lagoon Boy rememing the Titan massacre with Power Boy and other characters
    Is everything back?

The current approach to continuity is "if it serves the plot, or has enough goodwill with the fandom, it happened." They're playing continuity a bit more fast and loose, which is probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The current approach to continuity is "if it serves the plot, or has enough goodwill with the fandom, it happened." They're playing continuity a bit more fast and loose, which is probably for the best.
    Pretty much what this guy said, you're better off just going with the flow. Don't rack your brain

It's basically DC saying why should you care, they don't.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I chalk it up to just bad writing. I really hate that approach since it is what Marvel has been doing for a long time now and it just makes a mess. It is not hard to do a little research on characters with the internet so any writer that doesn't is just lazy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I chalk it up to just bad writing. I really hate that approach since it is what Marvel has been doing for a long time now and it just makes a mess. It is not hard to do a little research on characters with the internet so any writer that doesn't is just lazy.
    Agreed. I think it shows that the writers just don’t think it’s worth putting any effort into their stories. Continuity apparently just makes their jobs too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Pretty much what this guy said, you're better off just going with the flow. Don't rack your brain
    I think that an approach to fiction writing (especially science fiction-related and fantasy-related writing) which is based on the philosophy of "don't think about it too much"...

Well, I'll just say that that rarely produces to kind of stories, and the kind of characters, and the kind of narrative setting ("shared universe" or whatever you want to call it) that I like the best.

I've been reading science fiction, fantasy, and comics for many years, and I especially enjoy stories - when they purport to be interconnected in a variety of ways - that are good on their own, but also repay attentive, thoughtful reading on a long-term basis.

And every time DC gives itself a chance to clean up their mess and do some solid world-building, I come back to see how they'll handle it this time. And they almost invariably create a new mess, starting in a mater of months.

This may mean I should stop coming back to DC comics. But old habits are hard to break.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Heroes in Crisis is a nightmare.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Heroes in Crisis is a nightmare.
    Maybe literally. Imagine if it ends with Wally West bolting awake in the middle of the night, sweating, and then wiping his brow and concluding, "Thank goodness it was only a nightmare!"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Maybe literally. Imagine if it ends with Wally West bolting awake in the middle of the night, sweating, and then wiping his brow and concluding, "Thank goodness it was only a nightmare!"

Brilliant.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Honestly, that would be more than welcome compared to whatever misery is assuredly forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    I think that an approach to fiction writing (especially science fiction-related and fantasy-related writing) which is based on the philosophy of "don't think about it too much"...

Well, I'll just say that that rarely produces to kind of stories, and the kind of characters, and the kind of narrative setting ("shared universe" or whatever you want to call it) that I like the best.

I've been reading science fiction, fantasy, and comics for many years, and I especially enjoy stories - when they purport to be interconnected in a variety of ways - that are good on their own, but also repay attentive, thoughtful reading on a long-term basis.

And every time DC gives itself a chance to clean up their mess and do some solid world-building, I come back to see how they'll handle it this time. And they almost invariably create a new mess, starting in a mater of months.

This may mean I should stop coming back to DC comics. But old habits are hard to break.
    I maintain DCs 3 biggest issues regarding continuity is The Jsa, the Legion and Batman sidekicks.

And then he picks up the robe and the mask and goes to have breakfast in the common room?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    Is everything back?

As many things in Rebirth, you can say that somewhat similar to the Titan massacre in Pre-Flashpoint continuity happened in the past of the current continuity, but it isn't equal.

So, it's pretty unlikely that Cyborg was a Titan in this version of Titans massacre.

PS: It also doesn't help that King like to reference Pre-Flashpoint continuity, but he doesn't work on include this in the new continuity.
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-02-2018 at 05:36 AM.

DC continuity is a mess and it's only gotten worse since the new 52 (ironic, since it seemed like an attempt to clean things up). Not even the editors know what counts and what doesn't anymore, so the best we can do is just not think too much about it.