Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default The Villains of the DCU Appreciation thread.

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm surprised no one has ever thought of this thread before. Well here it is a thread dedicated to the characters that give Superheroes their purpose.

top ten villains.
    1. Vandel Savage
    2. Joker
    3. Darkseid
    4. Lex Luthor
    5. Black Manta
    6. Deathstroke
    7. Dr. Destiny
    8. Antoine Arcane
    9. Sinestro
    10. Killer Frost

BANNED

my all time favorites, The Rouges.

I've alls believed that what really separates the truly iconic heroes from the just okay heroes is that the icons have good rogues galleries that are well known.

Darkseid shall always be the face of DCU evil:

Even if Nu52 has been shitty to him.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Darkseid shall always be the face of DCU evil:

Even if Nu52 has been shitty to him.
    I agree but he's overused so much that I feel that he has lost some of the grandeur that he should have.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

It doesn't get much more brutal than Atrocitus.

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

which one do you prefer?

I prefer the tigra look with clothes.

Which villians would you like to see the league go up against in the movie. In my gut I think they are leading up to a legion of doom style show down. But I'd geek out if Starro is the villan.

Starro would make for a great first villain for JL movie. Darkseid is ok also. Can also use crime syndicate : ultraman, owlman, superwoman, quick, power ring, sea king, grid. For injustice league : lex, blockbuster, cheetah, weather wizard, dr polaris, black manta, deathstroke, etc.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 01-03-2015 at 10:38 PM.

Fantastic Member

a team of super villian as the threat that brings the JL together sounds sweet that way we can save darkseid/new gods for the second JL movie, but if they do starro 1st that be cool too

It's no secrete that of the present cast of League members Cyborg has the fewest villains. What kind of villains should Cyborg have? I think the most obvious way to go is to give him as bunch of tech based villains, but what if they went in the opposite direction? What if Cyborg became a tech hero that fight mystical threats?