Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I find that message boards don't allow for the kind of subtle nuances that happen in everyday conversation. Everything is bombastic at all times! (It's kind of like comic books that way. )

Since this is a Spider-Man board, I feel it's okay to use Spider-Man as an example. Spider-Man and all related characters belong to Marvel. And Marvel can do what they want with them. If they want to give Silk her own book, they can. If it takes off, that's great. If it doesn't, that's unfortunate. I don't see the need to go into the tired cliches of "Marvel is jamming this character down our throats!"

Sometimes you just never know what's going to take off.

dan...

Daann......

DAAAANNNNN........

The boards are calling you back Dan.

You can't resist....

must... post... responses....

must... check... for... replies..!

You know the tempatation is coming! Resistance is futile, Dan. You must assimilate.

You must check for blantant falsehoods. You will see...people spreading lies about you on the internet. You must defend! You must set the record straight!

We WILL have you back... again.

BANNED

I don't understand the purpose of this post/thread. If the OP wants to address falsehoods why does he not do so on the MB in question or send an e-mail to the person who wrote what he objects to. Further is the OP actually stating that because fans like to do a little speculation and, yes opinions, about the direction of a book or the character then they are dealing in fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I don't understand the purpose of this post/thread. If the OP wants to address falsehoods why does he not do so on the MB in question or send an e-mail to the person who wrote what he objects to. Further is the OP actually stating that because fans like to do a little speculation and, yes opinions, about the direction of a book or the character then they are dealing in fiction?

my take is that “the op” has attempted to reason in the past to his frustration. he’s just reached an epiphany about the nature of message boards (which is really just people’s nature everywhere) and wants to share. yeah, it’s a parting shot but it’s not wholly unjustified.

and it’s not that there’s a problem with speculation, but unreasonable speculation presented as fact. facts that are meant to incite us to put bags on our heads and grab pitchforks.