Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tim Roth Says Abomination Was Considered For Age Of Ultron

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-age...tion-tim-roth/

Fairly interesting piece of news, on The Incredible Hulk villain revealing how his character was considered for a return, in this April/Mays' Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

Left wondering what that would've meant, for the remnants of SHIELD, the Avengers, Ultron, Hydra etc.

Would the Abomination have still been in captivity, or freed, thanks to Hydra, or Baron Strucker?

And, would, as I predict, his old face, with a new face and an altered visage, his old foe, the Hulk, have tussled his him? That would've been a fun battle, another rematch, and all that. See what the animation, CGI/motion capture would've been like for the Abomination, and how Bruce would've dealt with the threat, especially with his advances since then?

As well as with the Avengers to back him up.

Either way, I'm all up for a new Hulk film, with Mark Ruffalo and Lou Ferrigno, with the Leader, or the Abomination, Red Hulk, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Zzazax, all that.

BANNED

I want Tim Roth and Tim Blake Nelson to return! I LOVED Nelson as Samuel Sterns. He was a bad guy that I actually sympathized with. I was like, yeah, he's totally right - why not perform deadly experiments on countless people for the unlikely chance that it won't result in a homicidal super villain being created. He was doing it for SCIENCE! There aren't many things that I want more in the MCU than for Nelson to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I want Tim Roth and Tim Blake Nelson to return! I LOVED Nelson as Samuel Sterns. He was a bad guy that I actually sympathized with. I was like, yeah, he's totally right - why not perform deadly experiments on countless people for the unlikely chance that it won't result in a homicidal super villain being created. He was doing it for SCIENCE! There aren't many things that I want more in the MCU than for Nelson to return.
    If Nelson didn't come back as the Leader, would him playing the Mole Man in The Fantastic Four this August satisfy?

I wouldn't be against the Leader as a new villain for the Hulk. Not his Dad, the General, or the Abomination.

A new, Gamma irradiated villain, who's been set up, or that we've met before. Someone who can't match brawn with the Hulk, but who can match brain with Bruce, if not outmatch him.

Not sure if I'd want the same actor, but happy enough for same actor back as Thunderbolt Ross. They have Talbot thanks to AOS, but could recast Doc Samson, Betty, and maybe Sterns and Blonsky,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    If Nelson didn't come back as the Leader, would him playing the Mole Man in The Fantastic Four this August satisfy?

I wouldn't be against the Leader as a new villain for the Hulk. Not his Dad, the General, or the Abomination.

A new, Gamma irradiated villain, who's been set up, or that we've met before. Someone who can't match brawn with the Hulk, but who can match brain with Bruce, if not outmatch him.

Not sure if I'd want the same actor, but happy enough for same actor back as Thunderbolt Ross. They have Talbot thanks to AOS, but could recast Doc Samson, Betty, and maybe Sterns and Blonsky,
    Fantastic Four? Coming when? Is that some kind of pizza combination or fast food combo? I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about and I think I'd like to keep it that way. </feigning ignorance>

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Fantastic Four? Coming when? Is that some kind of pizza combination or fast food combo? I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about and I think I'd like to keep it that way. </feigning ignorance>
    Ha ha, aww yeah, I get that.

Out of the three Marvel films this year, AOU and Ant-Man are the main two I'd want on DVD, though I suppose that could change, and that I'll pop in and see TFF, along with AAOU and AM.

I love Tim Roth but man, he couldn't have picked a worse character to play in the MCU.

Too special effects heavy to make a tv appearance and too big of a threat that you would have to give him substantial screen time in any movie appearance.

Here's hoping for an appearance in Cap 3 since that one is basically Avengers 2.5. If the rumors of Banner going into space after Avengers 2 is true, it would be interesting to see the heroes take on a Hulk level threat without the big man himself around.

Last edited by John Venus; 01-01-2015 at 06:18 AM.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I want to see some Hulk villains in Avengers 2 and beyond. There are a lot of Hulk villains to choose from. The old TV show never had them; the Ang Lee movie gave us an odd hybrid. Hulk's foes deserve a chance to menace the team, and to give the Hulk a decent fight. Loki the ragdoll isn't good enough.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-01-2015 at 06:55 AM.

I wish this had happened but I can see why they changed their mind. AOU is already filled to the brim with characters so they probably couldn't have fit him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want to see some Hulk villains in Avengers 2 and beyond. There are a lot of Hulk villains to choose from. The old TV show never had them; the Ang Lee movie gave us an odd hybrid. Hulk's foes deserve a chance to menace the team, and to give the Hulk a decent fight. Loki the ragdoll isn't good enough.
    That's what the Hulkbuster is for.

BANNED

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-age...tion-tim-roth/

Fairly interesting piece of news, on The Incredible Hulk villain revealing how his character was considered for a return, in this April/Mays' Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

Left wondering what that would've meant, for the remnants of SHIELD, the Avengers, Ultron, Hydra etc.

Would the Abomination have still been in captivity, or freed, thanks to Hydra, or Baron Strucker?

And, would, as I predict, his old face, with a new face and an altered visage, his old foe, the Hulk, have tussled his him? That would've been a fun battle, another rematch, and all that. See what the animation, CGI/motion capture would've been like for the Abomination, and how Bruce would've dealt with the threat, especially with his advances since then?

As well as with the Avengers to back him up.

Either way, I'm all up for a new Hulk film, with Mark Ruffalo and Lou Ferrigno, with the Leader, or the Abomination, Red Hulk, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Zzazax, all that.
    That doesn't really say he was considered for Age of Ultron. He says that way back when there was talk of him showing up in Avangers 2...which I'm guessing means back when he was in talks for the Hulk movie, the second Avengers movie was going to be more like Ultimates 2, or at least that part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    That doesn't really say he was considered for Age of Ultron. He says that way back when there was talk of him showing up in Avangers 2...which I'm guessing means back when he was in talks for the Hulk movie, the second Avengers movie was going to be more like Ultimates 2, or at least that part of it.
    He clearly says 'maybe in Avengers 2' so at one point they were considering to put him in the movie. Way back when could have easily meant 2012 or 2013.

And where did you hear that the second movie was going to be like Ultimates 2? Whedon has constantly pointed out that even as he worked on Avengers 1, he already had the idea of Ultron being the second movies villain brewing in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He clearly says 'maybe in Avengers 2' so at one point they were considering to put him in the movie. Way back when could have easily meant 2012 or 2013.

And where did you hear that the second movie was going to be like Ultimates 2? Whedon has constantly pointed out that even as he worked on Avengers 1, he already had the idea of Ultron being the second movies villain brewing in his head.
    Thanks, John. Appreciate that. Yeah, my honest Gamma paws up right now, I for the most part didn't read the article, just skimmed a bit, from Roth, and the title, and thought 'Hmm, considered for AOU. Better throw that up then'.

I hope, regardless of whether it is, or is not, true, and whether or not it actually came to fruition, when we could possibly have a secret Blonksy/Abomination cameo, sure, it was a nice bit of reading, and speculation therein.

Thanks, John. Appreciate that. Yeah, my honest Gamma paws up right now, I for the most part didn't read the article, just skimmed a bit, from Roth, and the title, and thought 'Hmm, considered for AOU. Better throw that up then'.

I hope, regardless of whether it is, or is not, true, and whether or not it actually came to fruition, when we could possibly have a secret Blonksy/Abomination cameo, sure, it was a nice bit of reading, and speculation therein.
    It's alright. You didn't make any mistakes. I am actually defending your choice of words here.

It's alright. You didn't make any mistakes. I am actually defending your choice of words here.

Thank you. Screen Rant had about the same for their headline, so did the same, essentially, here, but thanks.

BANNED

Yes, I know that. But that doesn't mean that it's specifically talking about Age of Ultron, just that at some point Marvel was thinking about using him in a hypothetical Avengers sequel.

Marvel said that their movies were based on the Ultimates stuff way back when. If they were talking about using him, I'm guessing that's because they were thinking about the second movie being more like Ultimates 2, where he was a character. So what with Whedon, he wasn't doing Avengers back when the Hulk and Iron Man movies were being made, and we know Marvel was already thinking about those movies from the beginning.

Incredible Member

"They were going to do it. They did do that. They were thinking, in The Avengers 2 or something. There was a movie we could do that at one point, but way back when. It just kind of got swept under the carpet I guess. That would be hilarious.”

Roth sounds like he only had a vague idea of him returning, and it seems like his way back when likely meant back when Red Skull was lined up to be a major villain in the first Avengers. Whedon knew he wanted Ultron as the main villain in his second film, and the way Roth words it sound more like back when he was filming The Incredible Hulk, they suggested possibly appearing in the second Avengers film. But all of the websites seem to have just run with him almost appearing in Age of Ultron.