Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    Street level focused? What does that even mean?
    A lot of street level hero type books (IE DD, Moon Knight) on the list over cosmic, sci fi or fantasy stuff.

I don't think the list is any affront to comics...I just have a lot of issues. Even the Robot 6 list is drastically different..this would be a tough call for anybody to agree on. I personally thought it was a rough year for comics, and I do like how the list is heavy indie centric.

I will say the inclusion of Moon Knight, specifically, to be problematic. The Declevy art was great, but I had problems with the writing of the book while others loved it. TO me it was superficial, pretentious and phoned in...style before substance. I dropped it after issue 4...and really found the book to be overrated. But I do get the prevailing vibe that some other folks loved it...and thats ok with me.
    Last edited by Jonah Weiland; 01-05-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Incredible Member

About 20 titles/GNs I had never even heard of. I guess you have indie publishers and then you have indie publishers.

Lots of good books ommitted or low down on the list, lots of average books that are way too high. Any book that had severe delays like Hawkeye or Afterlife with Archie should be low on the list or simply ignored. Ms Marvel is a good book but it's not the best book that came out in 2014 & it's ridiculous to suggest that it was.

This list reminds me of the IMDB Top 250 it's more of an indication of what's popular over what is actually a quality book.

Quote Originally Posted by rac shade View Post
    Lots of good books ommitted or low down on the list, lots of average books that are way too high. Any book that had severe delays like Hawkeye or Afterlife with Archie should be low on the list or simply ignored. Ms Marvel is a good book but it's not the best book that came out in 2014 & it's ridiculous to suggest that it was.

This list reminds me of the IMDB Top 250 it's more of an indication of what's popular over what is actually a quality book.
    I think it's best to ignore the actual rankings. Rather than view it as an ordered list, instead view it as an unordered set - the set of books that the small CBR staff enjoyed the most. It is not a statistically significant sample size and doesn't justify arguments over ordering.

Regarding the popularity comment: I think it's safe to say that most people, namely your typical Big Two fans, have never heard of a large proportion of the books on this list.

My personal feeling about this list is it's confirmation that we live in a time of comic book plenty.

How Warren Ellis' Trees didn't make this list is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    How Warren Ellis' Trees didn't make this list is beyond me.
    It's there in the #97 spot.
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Thank you for bumping this thread. I want to see the list in one page.

Do you happen to know if there is one too for the 100 greatest writers and 100 greatest artists?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Thank you for bumping this thread. I want to see the list in one page.

Do you happen to know if there is one too for the 100 greatest writers and 100 greatest artists?
    There isn't one by CBR's staff but CBR's Comics Should Be Good blog did a recent poll where fans voted for their favorite ones, though it's only top 100 for both writers and artists.
    BB

Oh. Thanks so much. I missed it--likely because I expected it to be much higher. LOL!

Danbbqman

Thank-you, thank-you for placing Lazarus in the top 10! I don't know if it sells well, but I hope it does - I would miss it. I agree that Manifest Destiny should have a place on the list - but there are a ton of comics out there.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was glad to see Robinson's Fantastic Four make this list. It doesn't deserve to get cancelled IMO.

BANNED

There isn't one by CBR's staff but CBR's Comics Should Be Good blog did a recent poll where fans voted for their favorite ones, though it's only top 100 for both writers and artists.
    I know. It's just that I want just one page to see the complete list. I was able to check some but not all. I hope CBR would make one thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I know. It's just that I want just one page to see the complete list. I was able to check some but not all. I hope CBR would make one thread about it.
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...s-and-artists/
    BB

BANNED

Thanks a lot.