Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The number of fanboys whose only apparent problem with the book is that Doreen a - doesn't look like a standard superheroine or b - someone they can fantasise about banging - is genuinely disturbing. If you're that desperate for something to fap to, you can find the Zenescope books with their hideous J Scott Campbell bonus covers, kids.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I'm gonna buy this book for three reasons...

1. Doreen Green is a mutant (so move this thread to the X-Books forum ).
    2. The dialog is funny and Tippy can talk
    3. This frame actually made me double over with laughter

Although, I'm sure she'll look like one of the Cuckoo clones in no time... Remember, how Angel Salvadore was suddenly transformed from "little Ms. Average looking" to "hot teen supermodel" with wings?
    Yeah I couldn't help but chuckle a little myself at that.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I can't imagine where male comic book readers have a problem with women. Must be on their end.
    Since this is a comic book character...gender has no issue here. Her face is drawn weird. I'm not expecting super hot but something more than Alice the Goon would be greatly appreciated.

I want to say that this comic is one of Quesada's goofy pet projects, but the success of Kamala Khan has shown me that there's a rich market for cute, lovable teenage girls in comics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Did anyone else catch the running commentary on the bottom of the pages? They were hidden by the "exclusive preview" watermark, so they're kind of hard to see, but just as funny as the rest of the preview.

I really want to buy this title, I just don't know if I can afford it, sadly D:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I want to say that this comic is one of Quesada's goofy pet projects, but the success of Kamala Khan has shown me that there's a rich market for cute, lovable teenage girls in comics.
    I doubt Quesada pulls many strings in publishing anymore. Bigger fish to fry.

BANNED

so will squirrel girl actually be unknown to those around her when she's Doreen Green or will everyone realize it's her right from the start?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I'm sorry you need to find comic book characters sexually attractive.
    I am sorry that you got it all wrong.
    Just because i find that art horrible doesn't automatically mean that i want to see sexually attractive characters.
    You do realise that there's also the decent drawn characters?

This is the squirell girl I want to see:

Not some pig looking (seirously...), dumb, funny teenager. I know everyone will disagree with me and that's fine I guess but I really wish the book was more serious.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I must admit I did like it when Daredevil got all nervous because she was eyeing him up lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Not some pig looking (seirously...), dumb, funny teenager. I know everyone will disagree with me and that's fine I guess but I really wish the book was more serious.
    Just what the world needs. A serious Squirrel Girl book.

Well, I'm pretty sure that this book is going to be popular, I'm not going to read it, but I think lots of people will.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitie View Post
    Did anyone else catch the running commentary on the bottom of the pages? They were hidden by the "exclusive preview" watermark, so they're kind of hard to see, but just as funny as the rest of the preview.

I really want to buy this title, I just don't know if I can afford it, sadly D:
    I didn't catch that! North pulled that same thing in his Young Avengers stories in Original Sins. They're kind of like the hover-text jokes he makes in Dinosaur Comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    This is the squirell girl I want to see:

I also prefer this but I think North is going to write a funny Squirrel Girl ongoing so Henderson's art is fine.

Astonishing Member

CBR Contributor Kelly Thompson has an early review of TUSG #1.

I really hope this will fill the imminent She-Hulk shaped hole in my heart.