The Claw of Justice!

Default Best Hellboy comic of 2014

What was the best Hellboy universe comic of 2014?

My favorite was Get The Lobster.

It's a tough choice. I can only narrow it to three:

B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Reign of the Black Flame
    B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: Grind
    Abe Sapien: The Garden

web_2949836617_e061fcf5.jpg
    My rating for 2014. It was such a great year for the fans.

Abe Sapien: The Garden, B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Reign of the Black Flame, Get the The Lobster!(waiting for #4 and #5 was painful though.), and I'd add the Unland Issue number one.
    B.P.R.D. Color Comics Fun! from Hellboy 20th Anniversary Sampler was also remarkable. We need more stuffs like that.
    Last edited by didism; 01-02-2015 at 11:40 AM.

1. Hellboy in Hell #6
    2. Hellboy and the BPRD #1
    3. BPRD Hell on Earth #124 (Grind)

That's my top 3. I didn't read Abe or any Lobster this year, so I have limited scope. Thanks for posting that image, I was trying to remember if any Hellboy in Hell came out in 2014.

All-New Member

BPRD - The Devil's Wings really stood out for me.

Kudos to the BPRD, Witchfinder and Baltimore teams for excellent work and getting their issues out on time.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    What was the best Hellboy universe comic of 2014?

My favorite was Get The Lobster.
    Over the last couple of years every deemable aspect or vantage point to consider, onto either Hellboy or the BPRD, Witchfinder or either Lobster Johnson, onto Abe or even The BPRD & Hellboy, has been receiving foothold so considerably, that my appreciation or reading of all of it will have been falling behind rather a lot.
    I haven't read up on everything quite as much as I would like to and for much of it I'm not feeling remotely able to be overseeing or being to grasp the full extent to it just yet.

So many new titles both as source material seemingly as tying things together in ways so considerably, I find myself especially floored by it all. Five or ten as well as twenty years ago, Hellboy-related titles both as stories seem only hardly as abundant or as massive as compared to what is coming out now, in volume both as in number of titles.

Also in terms of formats, there is so much to choose from or keep up with, especially the more complete you'd be wishing to be about it. And I personally do like every aspect to it,
    so my comics-reading is almost entirely comprized of Mignolaverse material more than it ever was already.

My best comic of 2014 would have to be Hellboy In Hell #6: "the Death Card". Because it's comprized of what I feel to like of comics and it was published in 2014. Although my favorite book of 2014 would seem either 'Hellboy In Hell: The Descent' or the 'IDW Hellboy Artist Edition'. So there.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 01-03-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper