Page 161 of 212 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3174
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    That's an ink stray line that turned into a coloring error. If you notice that's the center line defining a front fin that wandered to the side.
    I just noticed that this morning after taking a closer look at the panel, but thanks for pointing it out! That does make more sense.

We may even be able to explain away the colouring error...some animal species use colour change to attract potential mates. Perhaps she also has such an ability and is trying to lure Namor?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

"The only pain is that in my heart."

Are Strange and Namor having a moment? With Clea standing right there?

Its possible...and the placement of the Sword of Kamuu certainly isn't helping matters....

At least Namor isn't the only one armed with a sharp pointy object! Clea and Stephen are probably decapitating people everywhere they turn with those ridiculous collars!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Its possible...and the placement of the Sword of Kamuu certainly isn't helping matters....

At least Namor isn't the only one armed with a sharp pointy object! Clea and Stephen are probably decapitating people everywhere they turn with those ridiculous collars!
    LOL! Or at least putting some eyeballs out.

And yes, there is plenty of sub-text in that panel. I'm very curious about the Sword of Kamuu. Need dig through my comics and see if I have it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 45

Defenders #6
    by Sal Buscema
    Cover Date: June 1973
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Love those early Defenders Issues! The first 14 or so were the best in my opinion!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Love those early Defenders Issues! The first 14 or so were the best in my opinion!
    They are the ones I've read the most, for sure. The Avengers Defenders War was awesome!

They are the ones I've read the most, for sure. The Avengers Defenders War was awesome!
    Agreed. The heroes vs. the anti-heroes and yet none of them stooped to the level that was seen in AvX or Civil War.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Agreed. The heroes vs. the anti-heroes and yet none of them stooped to the level that was seen in AvX or Civil War.
    Indeed not! Of course, hero vs hero back then were misunderstandings -- or, as in Avengers vs Defenders case, the fault of villains. Now, it's violent disagreements.

365 Days with Namor, Day 45

I don't think this is a valentine for Hercules.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-16-2016 at 02:38 AM.

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 46

Avengers #290
    by John Buscema and Tom Palmer
    Cover Date: April 1988

Astonishing Member

LOL! Or at least putting some eyeballs out.
    Absolutely! And their overly-elaborate collars look even more ridiculous next to the skimpy-but=streamlined outfit of Namor!

Stephen, Clea--when the person in nothing but a speedo standing on a city street is NOT the person with the most inappropriate outfit, its time to seriously re-evaluate your fashion choices. This is an intervention...

I'm very curious about the Sword of Kamuu. Need dig through my comics and see if I have it.
    It would be interesting to find out the story there.

Behold, the next MATRIX sequel--starring Namor the Sub-Mariner!

Although that outfit covers FAR more skin than any other Namor outfit I have ever seen, it still has that sleek look that is so important to our swimming superhero...and it looks quite sexy on him.

(the only problem is that it wouldn't be as, um....easy access as the speedo for quick removal and re-dress for Namor's various romantic interludes)

Absolutely! And their overly-elaborate collars look even more ridiculous next to the skimpy-but=streamlined outfit of Namor!

Stephen, Clea--when the person in nothing but a speedo standing on a city street is NOT the person with the most inappropriate outfit, its time to seriously re-evaluate your fashion choices. This is an intervention...
    LOL! Even Clea's curls are pointy! I can just imagine the expression on Dr. Strange's face if Namor tried to stage an intervention. Ha!

It would be interesting to find out the story there.
    I remember the story where Kamuu and his sword was introduced, but I didn't recall it being used later. It's actually a Hyborean age artifact that the first sea king found, IIRC.

Behold, the next MATRIX sequel--starring Namor the Sub-Mariner!

Although that outfit covers FAR more skin than any other Namor outfit I have ever seen, it still has that sleek look that is so important to our swimming superhero...and it looks quite sexy on him.

(the only problem is that it wouldn't be as, um....easy access as the speedo for quick removal and re-dress for Namor's various romantic interludes)
    OMG.

Of course, the solution is that it must be a tear away suit. ;p

I agree with the bolded, though. And you know what a fan of the green speedo I am.

I also like the dark sea with the glowy Atlantis. It's a great cover.

365 Days with Namor, Day 46

"You crawled inside the tube, and …"

"– I shot out of the bow like a real torpedo!"

Yeah, like that will end well, Kid Namor.

6!! How can you possibly tell a proper story with such an intriguing collection of aqua characters as that in only 6 pages?!?

While people do have valid complaints about some modern stories that are too "decompressed", there are plenty of the old classic stories that suffer from the exact opposite problem--too much material crammed into too short a story.
    Well, it's a story about a very short period of time. I wouldn't say a vignette ... more like a parable / fable. I will say it's an odd number page story to have in the drawer -- which I assume was the case here. It's almost like a try-out story in length. I'll have to check and see when Weiss started at Marvel.

The collection of mutants sort of end up being the mermaid's henchmen. Sort of. None of them get any lines. The story is something of a precursor to the Adkins story two issues later. I don't know if it was Everett's idea or Friedrich's, but the Atlanteans aren't portrayed that well in this and the Adkins' story -- which is where the male half of Tamara's people get killed by the Atlanteans.

Yeah, humility isn't exactly his best subject. (he scored higher in Sex Ed)
    LOL! I'm sure he did. Namor does strike me as the sort who would excel in things he is interested in, and barely attend classes he wasn't. "Why do I need to learn about that? I have people who do that for me."

Yes, those fishy Atlanteans are rather freaky looking.
    Especially the completely black eyed ones. Shark eyes!

And how could I possibly pass up a line like that? lol

It is odd that Namor resisted Diane's advances on him though...its rather unlike him, isn't it? lol
    I'd wonder if you were a pod person. ;p

I don't know. He had committed to Dorma, and loved her, even though he hadn't asked her to marry yet. And remember, he actually turned down Valkyrie, because he was still in love with dead Dorma. Until recently, I'd say Namor was actually mostly monogamous -- though he always held his former loves in affection.

That said, he did defeat Mr. Fantastic by himself once. And he's actually smarter than people tend to remember, but between him working for Wizard (who is better known as a genius) and his original codename being "Paste Pot Pete" people tend to just assume he is an idiot and write him off as a joke. And while he IS good for comic relief, he can also be used effectively for serious stuff too.
    Yes, Paste Pot Pete doesn't scream INTELLECTUAL or BRAINAC!

I didn't know that. But ... now I have this image of a sticky rubberband.

lol. It IS a great panel...and we get plenty of opportunity to use it in this thread, with our various innuendo-laden posts!
    Indeed. I feel it will get a work out, now.

More Stern-run AVENGERS awesomeness!!!

Good thing Black Knight has his atomic steed there...otherwise he'd be at a huge disadvantage in an underwater battle, wearing all that chainmail!
    No kidding! I've got to find time to read that run again. Definitely some good stuff there, beyond the Namor stuff.

Tuesday is THE TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY
    Day 47

Sub-Mariner (2007) #4
    by Marko Djurdjevic
    Cover Date: November 2007