Page 158 of 212 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3174
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    "Susan. Where did you get the idea that putting ON clothes is kinky?"

Doom and Reed show up.

"Nevermind. We are moving out of the Baxter Building."
    LOL

LOL! The inflatable mattress cloak! This explains so much! Though I heard Deodato made Doom Vincent Cassel, so now there's even more NSFW images google will reveal.
    Yeah. I have only flipped through the current IRON MAN volume, since I am waiting for TPB (one can only afford so many titles monthly), but it does look like Doom has been given a sexy makeover. The new Doom could certainly pull off the "mask and thong only" look.

Oh yes! That was a fun meme on tumblr, involving Gerald Parel's gorgeous Namor popping up in odd places. I think they also used Jae Lee's FF1234 backside piece too.
    Nice!

Obviously, I missed something not watching the Golden Girls.
    You definitely did! LOL (although that scenario may have been a tad more risqué than what the ladies usually got up to...aside from maybe Blanche). But I have the whole series on DVD and will watch them when I am in need of a good laugh. Its a great show that holds up very well after all this time.

Have to agree. I've no idea why Bryne decided he was writing an Iron Fist book 2/3rd through the run.
    I've got no problem with writers picking up characters and/or storylines from other books in order to resolve dangling plot threads (in many cases its the only way some stories would EVER get finished), but I was surprised that he stretched it out for so long.

Nooooo! Not the crabs!
    Just when you thought it was safe--they're back!!

Though, I was watching some nature show recently, and they had a crab battle in a bay in Australia ... it looked like something out of Lord of the Rings. It was unbelievable!
    Sounds creepy! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    What a great image! And the colour changes as Namor gradually comes out from under the shadow of amnesia and regaining his identity is a nice visual effect.

But seriously, Namor--how many times have you lost your memory?? (and DON'T say "I forget" ). It is becoming a rather alarming pattern--you may end up in the old fish home if you keep this up.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    I concur. It seemed frustrating how in the decade leading up to Secret Wars, the writers seemed to make Namor very antagonistic. From his time with the X-Men in Utopia, the affair with Emma Frost, to Osborn's Dark X-Men, then the Cabal, the Incursions... just jab after jab. It wasn't pleasant.
    Well, Namor has been antagonistic in the past, but yes, that seems to have become his defining trait, instead of one of his traits. I'm trying to remember where exactly this might have occurred. Perhaps some of it was a reaction to the Teen Namor business, which, IMO, wasn't really all that great for Namor, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Another case where the "hero" would rather fight Namor than listen to him. When Cap finally does listen, after getting his butt kicked, he realizes Namor is right and leads to an end to the AvD war

And yet again the "hero" attacks without hearing Namor's side who was trying to apprehend Llyra earlier when she was posing as a innocent girl.
    Yes, this certainly happened quite a bit back in the day. But it was always good, when Namor was proved right, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I miss Vashti too, he was always a staple of the 60's cartoon. If I was going to make a new ongoing I would really look at those cartoons to see everything that really worked with Namor.
    Vashti was always a great supporting character, IMO -- wise, loyal and warm. He could be updated a bit, and be a lot of fun, as the much put upon elder, but dry wit, in Namor's court.

The Quest is classic Hero's Journey material, so you definitely have a point. I think they need to go back to Namor to being unequivocally the HERO for Atlantis again, in a situation he can win.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I haven't read none of this, as I've only followed Namor in Byrne's series and Avengers in the Roger Stern era but it sounds like a good case for Kree replacement retcon.
    The big problem, is that the modern writers tend to focus on just one trait (usually sarcasm), and forget the other aspects of Namor that show what a complicated and heroic character he is.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

365 Days with Namor, Day 36

"No, Namor! I’ve been awaiting YOU!"

Maybe if he wasn’t in a black mask and hiding behind the curtain that would sound less stalkery.

Last edited by Reviresco; 02-07-2016 at 12:53 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Saturday is the SWINGING SIXTIES
    Day 37

Sub-Mariner #16
    art by Marie Severin
    Cover Date: August 1969
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-13-2016 at 05:48 PM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 37

"Quickly! Into the water!"

Forceful head dunk rarely goes over well, your Highness.

Sunday is the SAVAGE '70s

"--Car 37--- Keep on lookout for unidentified prowler---"
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

365 Days with Namor, Day 36

"No, Namor! I’ve been awaiting YOU!"

Maybe if he wasn’t in a black mask and hiding behind the curtain that would sound less stalkery.

Especially when you add the fact that Namor is having a bath... A very controversial issue of SVTU, indeed : it's the one where Doom is supposed to use the "Droit du seigneur" on the blonde german-looking women of Latveria... Ask Morgan Lefay if it's needed... At least he doesn't hide behind a curtain in Namor's bathroom... A gentleman, I tell you...

Astonishing Member

Well, Namor has been antagonistic in the past, but yes, that seems to have become his defining trait, instead of one of his traits. I'm trying to remember where exactly this might have occurred. Perhaps some of it was a reaction to the Teen Namor business, which, IMO, wasn't really all that great for Namor, either.

The big problem, is that the modern writers tend to focus on just one trait (usually sarcasm), and forget the other aspects of Namor that show what a complicated and heroic character he is.
    And I think things with Namor haven't been quite as bad as Vernedi's list suggests. Certainly things have been on a downward spiral with the whole situation leading up to SECRET WARS--but very few characters came out of Hickman's AVENGERS run looking too good. At least we did get some stories in there showing Namor struggling with the moral weight of the challenges he was facing.

But Namor was still heroic during his time with the X-Men. Sure, he was making advances on a woman who was involved with someone else--but that is hardly new for Namor. Sue Storm, anyone? Or heck, we can go back further to Lynne and Luther too.

And Robinson certainly showed more of Namor's positive sides during ALL-NEW INVADERS. Its not like we weren't seeing heroic or noble Namor at all during this period.

Right from day one Namor has been a mixture of hero and villain in the Marvel Universe--that isn't new or out-of-character. Its just been in the Hickman AVENGERS run that he has really been pushed into darker extremes.

That's why I tend to think Robinson is sort of 'clearing the slate' for Namor right now with his recent setback--he's dying as punishment for his pre-SW actions, but Robinson will end up bringing him back and putting him on a more noble path again. Just my guess.

[CENTER]

No, Hulk! No!

I have no idea what Hulk is doing to poor prone Namor,
    but it certainly is NOT what Dr. Strange is telling him to do.
    LOL. Perhaps not, but Namor seems to be enjoying it--he's all aglow!

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 38

Sub-Mariner #61
    by Bill Everett
    Cover Date: May 1973

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Looking at that Hulk Namor panel, all I can think of is cripple nipple. (I think it's a purple nurple in the U.S. but I could be wrong). Hulk has clearly taken advantage of Namor's unconscious state to have some playground fun, unaware that his attentions are literally lighting up the kinky prince.

Off panel Valkyrie has already given him a wedgie, and Dr Strange is considering a Wet Willy. A lot happened in the Defenders which was considered inappropriate to print. "What goes on off-panel, stays off-panel".
    "Self has no time for this."

Monday is the MARVELOUS '80s

"If it is war you want, war you shall have! Imperius Rex!"

Wow. I don't remember that splash page at all. Thanks for posting it, Johnny Peril! That is some heavy duty damage to that Navy vehicle!

And yes, I'm behind again. Was looking for a particular panel ... and not having much luck. I'm sure it will turn up when I'm NOT looking for it.

365 Days with Namor, Day 38

"There are those who would stand with the many against the few.
    But Namor will never be amongst them."

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 39

Avengers #289
    by John Buscema and Tom Palmer
    Cover Date: March 1988

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 39

Avengers #289
    by John Buscema and Tom Palmer
    Cover Date: March 1988
    Why is Namor's head flat? He looks like Hammerhead.