Page 205 of 212 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3174
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Monday is the MARVELOUS 80s
    Day 14

Saga of the Sub-Mariner #12
    by Rich Buckler and Bob McLeod
    Cover Date: October 1989
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

365 Days with Namor, Day 14

“The tide’s coming in.”

Wherein His Highness points out to the ‘little army’ that he has a moving border – with ‘Dangerous When Wet’ signage.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Tuesday is THE TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY
    Day 15

Avengers / Invaders #7 variant cover
    by Pasqual Ferry
    Cover Date: February 2009

365 Days with Namor, Day 15

“You have all made this the happiest day of my life! I will allow nothing to spoil it …”

…except this hideous costume!

Wednesday is THE WILD '90s
    Day 16

Namor the Sub-Mariner #49
    by Geof Isherwood
    Cover Date: April 1994

365 Days with Namor, Day 16

Suddenly, through the lens of today’s Invaders #1, the weird looks Namor’s valets are shooting him are entirely understandable.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-17-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I have always really liked that cover...but it is still creepy that a cover captioned about "lost loves" and staged with such romantic/sexual imagery, includes members of Namor's family among his implied harem.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I have always really liked that cover...but it is still creepy that a cover captioned about "lost loves" and staged with such romantic/sexual imagery, includes members of Namor's family among his implied harem.
    I am of the same mind, it makes sense to have Dorma, Marrina and Susan there and Andormeda is a stretch because they didn't really hint at a romance from Namor to her. Yet instead of Tamara and Betty Dean we have Fen and Namorita. :/
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

It's the shackles, right?

I agree. I've always thought what were they thinking? Yes, it's the 90s, but Namorita and Fen don't belong on that sort of cover -- and not Andromeda either. I get that they meant more than romantic love, but then they shouldn't have gone with the "chained to the bed" theme. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I am of the same mind, it makes sense to have Dorma, Marrina and Susan there and Andormeda is a stretch because they didn't really hint at a romance from Namor to her. Yet instead of Tamara and Betty Dean we have Fen and Namorita. :/
    Yes! I forgot, they should have included Tamara. Of course, where's Betty? And Diane, even. If they were going this route, they should have gone with a king sized bed. ;p

Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s
    Day 17

Marvel Comics #4
    by Bill Everett
    Cover Date: February 1940

365 Days with Namor, Day 17

“Maybe you should’ve stayed down there just to prove what a “fool” I am, Byrrah!””

Wherein Namor is snide in victory … again.

And Prince Byrrah doing Home Alone, 35 years before the movie!

Mighty Member

I think the shackles are meant more like a psychological thing but it does seem sexual so I understand what you say. If it was sexual in harems the mother is usually in charge of the son's lovers so that would justify Fen being there, her pose with the cup on hand and over the head of the bed seems to be of supervision more than participation. Namorita is odd too unless she is there to assist Fen with supervision, she is also out of the bed and with a cup in hand. If the chains are psychological then it makes sense as Namor has strong ties to all these women.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

365 Days with Namor, Day 17

“Maybe you should’ve stayed down there just to prove what a “fool” I am, Byrrah!””

Wherein Namor is snide in victory … again.

And Prince Byrrah doing Home Alone, 35 years before the movie!
    Hah, hah! That is the home alone pose!

Friday is the FABULOUS '50s & FANTASTIC TEAMS
    Day 18

Sub-Mariner #41
    by Joe Maneely
    Cover Date: August 1955

365 Days with Namor, Day 18

“None but – nnnggn! – the Avenging Son of Atlantis – can change that direction!”

Oh, the phallic imagery of it all.

Bonus Golden Age panel from previous 365 Days With Namor for comparison.

“Slow Down, baby! Daddy wants a piggy back ride.”