Page 143 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3174
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Ah. An image that is so very 90s--and yet not the "extreme" stuff that the 90s are noted for. Of course, the 90s tend to get a worse rep than they truly deserve. Usually when people are talking about "the 90s" in terms of comics, they mean early-to-mid 90s. The latter part of the decade has a lot of really great stuff going on (such as the launch of the Busiek/Perez AVENGERS run, or the introduction of the THUNDERBOLTS, etc).

I was never a fan of any of the "Heroes Reborn" stuff...but out of all the books/characters that got pulled into that, I think the FF may have gotten the best material. The art at least looks nice.

Another crotch shot of Namor on his throne. I'm starting to think that Namor doesn't know any way to sit down that isn't sexy...

Paparazzi chasing superheroes around is usually good for some amusing stuff. Given the wild lives that most superheroes tend to have, there is certainly plenty of material for them to go after even without making stuff up to sell tabloids. lol

I wonder if this is the earliest example of someone making an on-panel innuendo about possible sexual applications for Reed's stretching powers?

[QUOTE=Iron Maiden;1616983]

[CENTER]

What an awesome panel!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Now that's manspreading.
    "Self has no time for this."

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

That run of FF was Awesome! I still think this is one of the best Namor's ever! TY for posting the images!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

365 Days with Namor, Day 13

"YIPE! LOOK!"

LOOKING!
    Namor should always appear in a blind flash.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

365 Days with Namor, Day 13

"YIPE! LOOK!"

LOOKING!
    Namor should always appear in a blind flash.
    Very nice image, Rev. The style reminds me of Will Eisner. Is that from Namor's golden age monthly?
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s
    Day 14

Sub-Mariner #17
    by Alex Schomberg
    Cover Date: Fall 1945
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Very nice image, Rev. The style reminds me of Will Eisner. Is that from Namor's golden age monthly?
    I really like it, too!

Sort of .. I believe it is from the Atlas era revival of the 1950s Subby book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    AH, the ever-awesome 'strong gal'. I know I said this before the last time I commented on one of the scans with her, but I really am impressed at how strong and independent she was for a female character of that time period. She's no damsel in distress--and she even gets to rescue the hero! I guess I shouldn't be too shocked, since the series also had Police Officer Betty Dean as well as Namora...but still, 'strong gal' just strikes me as really impressive. Its a shame she only makes this one appearance that we're aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    AH, the ever-awesome 'strong gal'. I know I said this before the last time I commented on one of the scans with her, but I really am impressed at how strong and independent she was for a female character of that time period. She's no damsel in distress--and she even gets to rescue the hero! I guess I shouldn't be too shocked, since the series also had Police Officer Betty Dean as well as Namora...but still, 'strong gal' just strikes me as really impressive. Its a shame she only makes this one appearance that we're aware of.
    I just realized, Strong Gal is speaking underwater!

The mystery deepens!

I just realized, Strong Gal is speaking underwater!

The mystery deepens!
    Does she give him some mouth to mouth?

Or mouth to gill?

365 Days with Namor, Day 14

"... or this infernal suit I am forced to wear?"

Infernal? More like godawful.
    It would definitely have been the end of the Sub-Mariner if he had to stay in that horrible costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Does she give him some mouth to mouth?

Or mouth to gill?
    Heh ... more like covers his mouth with her hand in that image. ;p

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s
    Day 14

Sub-Mariner #17
    by Alex Schomberg
    Cover Date: Fall 1945

Enjoy the GA covers, but I am sure glad I didn't live in 1945... People would of thought my teeth were huge too!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Who is that character, I'm intrigued now.

365 Days with Namor, Day 14

"... or this infernal suit I am forced to wear?"

Infernal? More like godawful.
    It would definitely have been the end of the Sub-Mariner if he had to stay in that horrible costume.
    Hah! Never seen that costume before! Where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Enjoy the GA covers, but I am sure glad I didn't live in 1945... People would of thought my teeth were huge too!
    Lol Mantis Girl, you are too funny. Now that you say that, worth mentioning one of my biggest tv crushes is half Asian: Ms. Kristin Kreuk! <3 <3 <3
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon