Page 200 of 212 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3174
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm drawing a blank on the REH, what is that?

And I completely forgot about the magical stuff and Morgan Le Fay... if you can refresh my memories and or approximate titles and issue #s.

Of course when you mentioned this, my mind did recall that (is/is not still canon?) there is a story where it is revealed that Agatha Harkness was/is an original Atlantean too.
    I don't recall that about Agatha, but I'm not entirely familiar with her history.

REH = Robert E. Howard. Marvel tied in Namor's Atlantis with Howard's mythos -- Conan, but moreso Kull of Atlantis. The Serpent Crown is related directly to that ancient age and Howard's Set. Some of that was related in the old Tales of Atlantis backup stories in the Sub-Mariner's silver / bronze age book.

The magical stuff has been scattered throughout Namor's appearances from the silver age onwards.

The Morgan Le Fay stuff was added on, along with the Inhumans Attilan, in the last issues of Namor's 90s book, the Atlantis Rising issues, and some other tie-ins.

Now, I'm not actually favoring the Deviants as a 'vital' part of Atlantean genetics (now also thinking about Malestrom an Inhuman/Deviant with some Atlant-io story going?)

but it could be a factor.

But now you got more possibilities that make it more complicated. I've had a personal theory that Salem's Seven, Agatha's tribe/related, must have something more than their magical thing going on, that they are possibly offshoots or stabilized/mixtures of Inhuman/Deviant ancestors. The shape-changing with some of them and the power sets that would seem more innate than just magical.

Its actually possible that I've read these in decades past and just don't remember all the details.
    I don't recall that about Maelstorm or Agatha, but again, I'm not that familiar with them. Now Ultimate Salem Seven had some connection to Ultimate Namor's Atlantis, IIRC. They were enemies of the Atlanteans -- but then again, so was Namor, sort of.

I think some writers tried to connect the Deviants to the Atlanteans, and definitely to the Lemurians, but I think that was another retcon / add on that disregarded stuff that came before.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This makes me think of the old song by Pet Shop Boys?

"I've got the brains, you 've got the brawn - -lets make lots of money!"
    LOL! It does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Maybe its another of his secret sea-animal powers, like his inflating like a pufferfish. After all, don't some deep sea creatures have bioluminescent ability
    He's a shiny pufferfish? ;p

I'm vaguely recalling somewhere else talking about shiny Namor. I'll have to see if I can find it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I love seeing Namor with the blue trunks.

Maybe the glow is showcasing his original and back-then electrical (eel) powers?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Maybe the glow is showcasing his original and back-then electrical (eel) powers?
    Oh that would be neat to see that back! Maybe Tom can use that in the Xmen Red book.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

365 Days with Namor, Day 7

“But I’m Also a Woman!”

In which Namora has needs.

From the Golden Age, back when Namor wasn’t so observant when it came to the ladies.

Namor's reaction is hilarious to me and I don't know why
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Tuesday is THE TANTALIZING 21st CENTURY
    Day 2

Sub-Mariner: the Depths #2
    by Esad Ribic
    Cover Date: December 2008

so what are the chances this will be adapted for animation?

By the way

Happy 200th page on this thread!!!

Yes, Happy 200th page Namor!

Happy 200th page Namor & Rev!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Oh wow! Didn't realize we had made it to 200! Thank you, everyone! Go Namor!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what are the chances this will be adapted for animation?
    Zero, IMO.

It's a cerebral, psychological horror story, with very little of an alternate Namor in it. Not something that is going to appear on any kid's network.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Electric Eel ... RUN, Penguin, RUN AWAY!

They are a nice change. Those and the red trunks. THAT is what they could put him in in X-Men Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Oh that would be neat to see that back! Maybe Tom can use that in the Xmen Red book.
    His different color trunks or the electric eel powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Namor's reaction is hilarious to me and I don't know why
    It IS hilarious! It would make a great avatar / icon.

I find much of the Golden Age amusing and fun.

I think the Darkspellmaster meant the electric eel powers.

Sunday is the SAVAGE SEVENTIES
    Day 7

Defenders #14
    Art by Sal Buscema
    Cover Date: July 1974

365 Days with Namor, Day 8

More Tips on Training Your Mythological Beast.

In which Namor gives the Griffin a pat on the nose.