Page 207 of 212 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3174
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

365 Days with Namor, Day 23

“Always the regal male, are you not?”

Wherein Llyra grasps her staff and states the obvious.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah, yes, one of my favorite covers of all time for many reasons!

Subby in his regal outfit!
    Marine monstrosities!
    Thing fighting mad!
    Sue utilizing a powerful and new Force Field that seems to blind the occupants!
    Superb artwork and coloring!

And let us not forget the "Now, more than ever--"....!!
    You know, when you're a kid, that "World's Greatest Comic -- Now, More than Ever!" really carries weight.

But yes, I agree. We can check all those boxes for being a super cover. I very much remember buying this off the spinner rack and being wowed by the cover.

Of course, with adult eyes, I'm looking at Sue's force bubble and thinking, Johnny needs to Flame OFF and stop eating all the oxygen in that bubble. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

365 Days with Namor, Day 20

“I heard we had visitors. And visitors are the absolute most, baby. Welcome to New Atlantis and the Age of Aquarius!”

I have no words.
    I...have no words either, but this is just awesome. lol

Astonishing Member

365 Days with Namor, Day 23

“Always the regal male, are you not?”

Wherein Llyra grasps her staff and states the obvious.
    Well, Llyra would have preferred to grasp his staff...but the Comics Code said no, so she went with that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I...have no words either, but this is just awesome. lol
    I'm not sure if I agree it's awesome, but it certainly was ... stunning. Literally. LOL! Sadly, I don't think he gets much panel time in the story. I've only seen like two panels, show up. Need to hunt the issue down, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Well, Llyra would have preferred to grasp his staff...but the Comics Code said no, so she went with that instead.
    My thoughts exactly. Though, I don't really see Roy Thomas asking Comics Code for that ... though that alone would be beyond amusing. LOL!

I re-read this story, while I was looking for a panel, and Llyra was surprising. She was much more feminist than I remembered ... or at least had strong opinions about men, and Namor in particular. But she was also clearly attracted to him. She was almost Doctor Doom like in her offer to Namor. And then there was the whole business of her being two people in one. Something that I don't think was ever brought back up, which is weird, because it is one of her most interesting traits.

Also, this issue re-affirmed my head cannon that Loa worked / visited / fed her Atlantis habit / was somehow associated with Llyra's Mom's Aquarium.

I really like...Tamara Rahn! She was very pro-female back in the day and very powerful too.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I'm not sure if I agree it's awesome, but it certainly was ... stunning. Literally. LOL! Sadly, I don't think he gets much panel time in the story. I've only seen like two panels, show up. Need to hunt the issue down, I guess.
    Namor really only shows up in a few panels, it's an exiles so basically they were passing through that world and nothing happens with Namor at all It wasn't really worth the buy imo. Also this was pointed out to me when the issue was released: They gave Hippie Namor orange and green (with orange on the vest) which are aquaman's colors so I had thought it might have been a small dig at Aquaman otherwise why use those two colors specifically? lol

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I really like...Tamara Rahn! She was very pro-female back in the day and very powerful too.
    Most of the ladies in Namor's life were very pro-female. Even in the Golden Age, Betty Dean was a police woman! Hardly a profession you found many women in back in 1940.

Tamara Rahn, however, is another character that has sadly fallen by the wayside. With all the cosmic stuff Marvel is doing, they could use her to tie that side of Marvel to Namor and Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor really only shows up in a few panels, it's an exiles so basically they were passing through that world and nothing happens with Namor at all It wasn't really worth the buy imo. Also this was pointed out to me when the issue was released: They gave Hippie Namor orange and green (with orange on the vest) which are aquaman's colors so I had thought it might have been a small dig at Aquaman otherwise why use those two colors specifically? lol

I missed that! I think I was STARING at other things on that costume.

Yes, I skimmed it at the shop and decided against picking it up since he really had no role and very few panels. I'll get it when it when hits the quarter box. I really thought Ahmed was going to do something significant with Namor in the book, considering some of his twitter posts, but oh well.

Thanks for posting the whole page!

And my catch up posts will start now. O_O

Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s
    Day 24

Marvel Mystery Comics #5
    by Bill Everett
    Cover Date: March 1940

365 Days with Namor, Day 24

“I promise that your weapons will have no effect on me …”

… unless your weapons are beautiful, strong women who can resist the considerable charms of the King of Abslantis.

Friday is the FABULOUS '50s & FANTASTIC TEAMS
    Day 25

Sub-Mariner #42
    by Carl Burgos
    Cover Date: October 1955

365 Days with Namor, Day 25

“She just doesn’t understand! Nobody understands! … I’ll show’em! They can’t laugh at me!!!”

Even at an early age, His Highness laments the lack of understanding and his determination to correct this lack.

And he’s so adorable crossing his arms, when he barely reaches his mom’s waist. All he needs to do to is stamp his feet and he’d be perfectly petulant.

Saturday is the SWINGING SIXTIES
    Day 26

Tales to Astonish #80
    Art by Gene Colan
    Cover Date: June 1966
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-02-2019 at 11:52 PM.

365 Days with Namor, Day 26

“You brainwashed me! Played with my mind!”

Judging from that awful outfit, that’s not the only thing he played with.