Page 101 of 212 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3174
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    100 pages of awesomeness!!!! Here's to the next hundred!

Astonishing Member

That is quite the epic punch, Namor--three guys with one mighty blow! (no pun intended, I swear)

Yes, the bolded is the last time I recall her being used well. Definitely didn't care for Bendis' abuse of her. And YES. Where are Tigra and Pym's kid???
    Yeah, Bendis didn't do well with her--but I do have to at least give him credit for giving her some payback in the fight against The Hood. He didn't just leave her without some redemption.

And yes, I really want to check in on Tigra with the whole Pym situation. Even though the baby isn't technically his (its the Skrull imposter's), he was raising him with Greer.

Oh no! That's what I get for typing without thinking. LOL!
    Your subconscious was being naughty.

Well, that could explain some of the opinion regarding Milgrom -- being compared to Byrne!
    Yeah, that could certainly play a part.

I think the inker plays a big part as well. Some of Milgrom's issues have looked much better than others...so I suspect it depends on who was inking his work.

LOL! So, does that mean when the President visits Namor, he's got wear a speedo?
    I can't think of many Presidents I would want to see that applied to! LOL

The new Canadian Prime Minister, on the other hand....

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I expect the bed would be very short....with HUGE pillows.
    This is venturing into nightmare territory ... or is that Deadpool territory?

LOL. I'd love to see that.

Ah, were you tickled by the pickle....puns?
    Who isn't tickled by pickle ... puns. ;p

I will add the Mr. Natural Namor Power photoshop to my list of projects.

Apparently his majesty has a type.

Or Doom used some alternate identities when conducting his early experiments with his time platform...
    Or both!

This is an odd looking cover. It is certainly eye-catching, with those bright colours...but it looks weird. Something about Cap's upper body seems off somehow, like something is out of proportion maybe, but I can't put my finger on it. And as for the Torch, I didn't even realize at first that he was on the cover--I mistook him for fire and explosions, before I noticed his face.

I'm not sure if that burning plane falling out of the sky is intended to hide Cap's crotch bugle from view...but if so, I think it fails. The brightness of the flames actually draws the eye TO Cap's crotch.
    I do like this cover. Both the artist techniques, and how he's referencing the Golden Age covers with their oversized superheroes.

Hmmm. I don't see see Cap's proportion being off ... though the shield takes up a larger proportion of the cover. But yes, that plane IS lighting up his crotch. LOL!

I had the same problem with Torch too. Too much flame, not enough recognizable human features.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I think it all looks too smooth. It's not badly done, but it's too smooth. There aren't enough defining lines on Cap, imo. Not that I'm some great art expert, but from an untrained eye, that is my opinion at first glance.
    It is very smooth. I think that's partly due to the artist using a lot of shading -- which works fine with Namor and his lighter flesh tones, but not so well with Cap and his blue costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    The artist must not like Namor.....we all know he has the biggest bulge!
    Heh. The artist is literally casting shade, isn't he? ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

This is venturing into nightmare territory ... or is that Deadpool territory?
    Those are neighbouring territories, with a free trade agreement...

Who isn't tickled by pickle ... puns. ;p
    I could answer that...but I'll leave it alone.

I will add the Mr. Natural Namor Power photoshop to my list of projects.
    Yay!

I do like this cover. Both the artist techniques, and how he's referencing the Golden Age covers with their oversized superheroes.

Hmmm. I don't see see Cap's proportion being off ... though the shield takes up a larger proportion of the cover. But yes, that plane IS lighting up his crotch. LOL!
    Maybe its not a matter of proportion--maybe its just a question of wrong. Cap's shoulders, for example, don't look broad enough to me. And his arms seem a bit skinny. Cap should be less well-muscled than Namor, of course, but he is still a brawny guy thanks to the super soldier serum. I almost get the impression that the artist had a regular man dress up in a Cap costume for him and use that as a reference...and he didn't change the body shape to reflect Cap's "peak human" physique.

Or maybe its just me. I don't know. All I know is I look at Cap (when I'm not distracted by the light-up crotch ) and go "that looks weird/wrong".

It is very smooth. I think that's partly due to the artist using a lot of shading -- which works fine with Namor and his lighter flesh tones, but not so well with Cap and his blue costume.
    Yes! When Cold Water mentioned the smoothness, I definitely agreed--and it is Cap that it really stands out on. I think that might be another thing that looks a bit off about Cap--does the blue in his costume seem a brighter shade than normal? Maybe its just the contrast against the darker elements on the cover, but Cap's blue really stands out here.

Heh. The artist is literally casting shade, isn't he? ;p
    I thought Cap was a natural blond...he shouldn't have a fire crotch.

As for the comparison to Namor...well, Cap and his crotch are literally in the foreground, while Namor is off to the back and angled differently. That may be throwing off the comparison.

More perspective weirdness.....or IS it? Look at the airplane that is shooting Cap in the shoulder! That only makes sense if it IS a giant Captain America that can withstand the airplane's gunfire.

It looks like Namor is wearing his size-changing trunks, so it makes sense for him...but anyone want to hazard a guess as to how Namor managed to extend his swimsuit's power to Cap and Torch?

That is a weird looking gun Cap is firing...and I have to laugh at the fact that Cap is taking on a single enemy plane...while Namor and the Torch are disabling dozens of enemy troops and vehicles all at the same time. Its hard to pull your weight when you're fighting along super-powered guys, isn't it Cap?

365 Days with Namor, Day 294

"Why would you sleep with a woman who looks like Doctor Doom?"

And Namor continues with the tough hitting journalistic questions!

by Reverisco
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Bendis... Please...

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Bendis... Please...
    He always goes for the joke. ;p But this exchange from way back is interesting in light of the recent Iron Man, no?

Of course, my second reaction following laughter, was ... Really Namor? Like in your cosmopolitan amatory adventures, that's never happened to you? LOL!

He always goes for the joke. ;p But this exchange from way back is interesting in light of the recent Iron Man, no?

Of course, my second reaction following laughter, was ... Really Namor? Like in your cosmopolitan amatory adventures, that's never happened to you? LOL!
    I want a reference ! If it's from Golden Age it will be marvelous ! Bendis wrote really nice sexy scenes for Doom and Morgan Le Fay btw, and the love stories in IM seem nice - I just had a look. But I still want to forget that I bought UXM 600... He needs to do more Doom and Morgan scenes if he wants my money ! And painted ones - not penciled.

Whooops. Wrong day. THURSDAY coming.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-12-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s
    Day 295

Sub-Mariner #14
    by Alex Schomberg
    Cover Date: Fall 1944

WOW ! Sub-Mariner #14, the issue for the fall of 1944 ? Thus it's a D-Day cover, isnt it ? Normandy's beaches !!! THANKS A LOT !!! (3 more...) !!! (I think you know why, mon ami. Merci... A cover good for my eyes (Alex Schomberg...), my smile (I'm waiting for the size-changing speedo comments !), my brain (war and comics) but also for my heart... I add a thought for your brother !)

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    WOW ! Sub-Mariner #14, the issue for the fall of 1944 ? Thus it's a D-Day cover, isnt it ? Normandy's beaches !!! THANKS A LOT !!! (3 more...) !!! (I think you know why, mon ami. Merci... A cover good for my eyes (Alex Schomberg...), my smile (I'm waiting for the size-changing speedo comments !), my brain (war and comics) but also for my heart... I add a thought for your brother !)
    Didn't realize it, but you are entirely correct! It must be the D-Day cover! Serendipity strikes again.

Didn't realize it, but you are entirely correct! It must be the D-Day cover! Serendipity strikes again.
    ( And it will strike back in the Namor's suits thread I'm afraid... The ROMAN / NAMOR / INAMORATUS thing opened some gates... I'm still thinking about how to figure it out without too much blah blah, but I've got several posts in minds about the "What a super-hero has to wear problem" and it's full of pics, of facts and of love of comics as a part of the art history... Will surely need your help to post some images sometimes to keep it on topic ! But it won't be as delirious as usual... I hope... I'll try..)

Thursday THE TERRIFIC '30s & '40s
    Day 295

Sub-Mariner #14
    by Alex Schomberg
    Cover Date: Fall 1944

Look at that EXAGGERATED head. Poor Namor!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

365 Days with Namor, Day 293

D.J. Namor!

The best special thing for the 100th page that I could come up with in my impaired condition.

by Reverisco
    This is GLORIOUS.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."